Sign in to follow this  
Womenfly2

If your interested in ......

Here is an up and coming company that produces the most highly detailed and accurate plastic WW-1 models I have ever seen.

Check it out here:

Wingnut Wings

post-8232-1242046077_thumb.jpg

Edited by Womenfly2

Extremely nice kits. I love the scale and the selection of craft so far.

Really nice models. I noticed that Mark Miller is on their 8 member team (click).

Good looking, but little choice so far, and very expensive.

Here's the link to RODEN - they have a much wider choice of 1:32 models.

http://www.rodenplant.com/HTML/framemodels.htm

That Pfalz is 1:32. Makes me want to build it straight away.

Check out the paintjob on this 1/72 Oeffag D.III!!! http://www.rodenplant.com/Gallery/026/oef-15.jpg

I guess that was all done with a brush, no doubt over the course of several weeks :blink: . Wow. Think you could do a skin like this? :biggrin:

Yes, we can... and I think that's a home-made decal job. There is paper out there you can print on that makes decals. I read it on a website a few years back when I screwed up the Lozenge patterned decals on my 1/72nd scale Early D.VII. I wound up painting them in streak paint with Jasta 19 yellow and blue. I looked cool.

All I need to make that pattern is the basic pattern itself. Once in PS, I can do it. :)

Really nice models. I noticed that Mark Miller is on their 8 member team (click).

Did you notice Steve Anderson is listed as the Box Artist? Nice! He's got some really nice stuff over on the Aerodrome.com. Not as good as the King Dietz, but very good none-the-less.

OvS

All I need to make that pattern is the basic pattern itself. Once in PS, I can do it. :)

Well, I don't think this paintjob was pre-printed fabric like the lozenge patterns were. I think somebody had to paint each of those spiral paisley things by hand. Thus, to be accurate, each one should be slightly different.

I guess the easiest way to replicate that would be to make 1 perfect patch of the pattern that tiles correctly, then make 5 or 6 slight variations of it without screwing up the tiling, then place them randomly over the airplane. That way, it wouldn't be such an obvious pasting job.

Well, even if I could I wouldn't want to fly it - looks like the inlay paper

for kitchen drawers. Not all that's difficult to do, is also great.

Hey WF2,

I'd come across those already, and have been salivating for them to do one of the scouts I like (never have been an SE5a fan). I'll be the first to snatch up a Pup or Camel or Tripe (either nationality) or Alb. I sure with they'd do an Alb.

Have you looked at the model images of the SE5a though? The shots of the undercarriage show some fantastic weathering. Really the whole model was built wonderfully. It makes even the SE5a tempting. The detail is incredible.

Here is a short post on the Aerodrome site about the Swirl Pattern used on the Austrian Hungarian aircraft.If you do a search there are a few more.

Enjoy,

WF2

Edited by Womenfly2

Good looking, but little choice so far, and very expensive.

Here's the link to RODEN - they have a much wider choice of 1:32 models.

http://www.rodenplant.com/HTML/framemodels.htm

That Pfalz is 1:32. Makes me want to build it straight away.

Hi Olham,

Take my word for it the Wingnut kits are excellent, probably the best WWI 1/32nd plastic scale models released to date. I have the AGV and the Se5a so far. I also have all the 1/32nd scale Roden kits released so far and with the exception of the Roden DrI and Albatros's the Wingnut kits are much more detailed out of the box then Rodens kits. The Wingnut Se5a has lots of kit parts that the Roden Se5a does not have, like the flare pistol and ammo drum by the control stick, 2 or 4 bladed prop and two choices of control sticks also the control pully inspection ports on the wings and horizontal stab are reliefed where the Roden kits is a decal. Here in the US the price differance between Rodens scout kits and Wingnuts scouts kits are almost even, can't compare the 2 seaters since Roden doesn't have any in 1/32nd scale. Roden has some serious competition in the WWI model market now. A little heads up that pic you posted of the Roden Pfalz DIII. That interior cockpit detail is not whats included in the kit. I suspect that photo was of a photoetched enhanced interior or scratch built, just wanted you to know so you don't purchase the kit thinking it's that detailed out of the box.

Forgot to add the Wingnut Se5a includes two different fuselage's, on one the canvas is taught and the other has some canvas sag (ripples?) simulated like Fubar45s skin...very nice indeed.

Edited by godzilla1985

Did you notice Steve Anderson is listed as the Box Artist? Nice! He's got some really nice stuff over on the Aerodrome.com. Not as good as the King Dietz, but very good none-the-less.

OvS

Thanks, Otto, I had forgotten his name.

They really put together a top notch team. May not have as big a selection as Roden, but they are a big step above in detail and quality, IMHO. Pretty amazing stuff.

Edited by rabu

Well, even if I could I wouldn't want to fly it - looks like the inlay paper

for kitchen drawers. Not all that's difficult to do, is also great.

I agree and I wonder if this was a gay flying club? :biggrin:

ovs if you want ill post up the swilry patter i used for htis one jsut needs minor changeing for the colers is all and slight size changing but ive already made the custom brush

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=40617