Sign in to follow this  
Dej

My contribution to the OFF on-line Comic Book

Inspired by Olham's favourite fast food frnachise - SPAD-U-LIKE...

My efforts so far... not sure what format any comic would eventually be in, which would dictate size and suchlike. Comments and advice much welcomed.

Edited by Dej

Now you're talkin'. I went as far as to play with the Corel line art filters, and download some cell from Enemy Ace but that is as far as I got.....I like the imitation of the Comic book pages, with the cut outs, Corel would excel at this. Now I need to do some screen captures from the Blue Max, Hells Angels, etc........ MUHAHAHAHAHHAHA.

Beard

...especially like the layout on the bottom two pages. [a little tough to read.]

Wow Dej. Very good. Totally blows my work in progress comic out of the water!

BurningBeard, Enemy Ace is the greatest. Its the only comic book I ever found that I could actually get into.

-Rooster

Excellent, doesn't even look that much like a pshoped project. :ok:

wow. very impressive. i want to see more!!! i want to learn this!!!

are this really pics of BHAH? i know they are, but they fit so perfectly you really think somebody draws it.

all i can say is WOW!!!

Whoa, that looks very professional. Fantastic job! This needs to be a sticky.

Whoa, that looks very professional. Fantastic job! This needs to be a sticky.

Looks awesome! Great story, great job!

OvS

Wicked!.... or 'Howay Man, that's reet good' as we say in these parts!

Cheers All.

I'll put together the rest of it sometime soon.

SWEET!

Can't wait to see the completed work Dej.

Cheers!

Lou

Outstanding...seriously. If we can get enough of these and compile the best, you could seriously get it published. It would be a first....a comic pulled directly from a video game, not just inspired by it! Could also give OFF a good plug too, and free advertisement. Just a thought.

ZZ.

This is pretty damned impressive! And I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for ...continued....

That's fantastic Dej.

Thats what i wanted mine to look like,keep up the good work and we should be able to have some good reading by the end of it. :clapping::clapping:

Super stuff Dej more please ! :)

Well done to the other cartoon making guys here for the inspiration too I'd say.

Well done to the other cartoon making guys here for the inspiration too I'd say.

Absolutely! All kudos goes to Red-Dog for the original idea. And credit to all the original posters of the screenshots I've nicked, you'll be named in the final version I was just experimenting atm.

Now, if Red-Dog's idea works as intended, there'll be several contributors each with a different story. I had an idea it'd be a good feature to include a true story too each month (or arbitrary time period), re-enacted in BHaH. I was going to have a go at Hawker vs. Richthofen when I'd finished the above... over-ambitious as usual.

I also think it would be good to have a standard page size. I'd appreciate any suggestions as to what that should be from the more experienced webcomic readers or creators, as this is the first one I've ever done.

Dej, i couldn't get the ones i did to upload it said file to big.What format are yours done in?

Dej, i couldn't get the ones i did to upload it said file to big.What format are yours done in?

The originals are layered Photoshop files and they are quite large, e.g. the last page I posted is over 12 MB as a .PSD, but exported to .JPG format with the Photoshop export quality setting at High it shrinks to 361KB.

I think membership rating may change upload limits too... I can't remember what it said when I paid my sub., I'm afraid.

Vott is happenink here? All zis posted on zee one day off I had from chewink der SPADs, ant

spittink zem out again? Zatt looks like my Albatros, absolutely! Am I ze bad guy or ze good,

in ziss fascinatink shtory?

Ant vott about my Mechaniker - Brettschneider and zee ozzers are sittink near der Post room

all ze time, vaitink for ze continuashion...?

When vill it come? I vant to see, if I get zee confirmashions of der Claims - or even der "Blaue

Max" ? If you need more pictures, I vill get some tomorrow!!

...and, yes - very well done; Comic-layout and choice of pics and type style; plus RedDog's idea

for the right transformation/filter effect. I may also try one or two pages in that style within the

coming days.

I also think it would be good to have a standard page size.

7"x10" is traditional, since the original comics were printed on Newspaper presses. It's your basic Tabloid sheet folded one more time. Still...this is the 'net and we're not constrained by either tradition or standard magazine display racks.