The waterbomber project is currently on hold, since I lack the skills needed to make a decent CL215/415, and it is hard to gather intersest about this "niche" scenario.

Plus, with summer coming, I got a huge real-time dose of water bomber training, and I am pretty done for now

But, I started another project, taking advantage of ghepard Afghanistan.

An Afghanistan install is intersting because:

-It is a tribute to the Soldiers fighting there. (hello EricJ)

-It is intersting because on the news daily

-It involves modern airplanes

-There is a terrain ind evelopment by Ghepard

-it offers the chance to do a Russian Afghan Campaign

-it is mostly ground moving, and agaisnt a low technology enemy. different from the usual dodge sam and bang migs

-it is relaxing for the above reason, yet can be easily made demanding, (for example adding "civilists" close to "taliban", with a negative score if hit

-It is a Desert environment with canyons and mountains, fun to fly on

-it is good for a quick singlemission and offers ground for a campaign.

-it is a n "easy" project since 100% of the stuff is already there , or with suitable, reasonable placeholders

The install is coming along pretty easily. I picked the following ground objects. this part is 85% ready. Most sams and MBT have been removed, abd ghepard objestcs adeed making this pretty a infantry-scenario.

gallery_8037_43_170054.jpg

and airplanes, this part is 75% ready. Some loadouts need to be optimized, and maybe some skins not relevant to the scenario should be removed.

gallery_8037_43_189149.jpg

Needs to be said that I picked airplanes at the best of my knowledge. It is very hard to find a list of squadrons deployed in afghanistan. for example I don't know about which AC-130 was involved. Or if French Airforce is involved at all. althoguh I ve seen some M2000D refuel.Some planes are placeholders (i.e C-141A for the C-17, lovely jul'Zeewolf for the AH-64) Some are betas with a final coming soon (GR7)..Some are russian mudmovers, for historical reasons. (Soviet, according to ghepaqrd isntructiosn is labeled as FRIENDLY). Some ar ejsut too fun not add, like the Skorpion

At the moment the whol install is 8 GB. But alone the weapon folder is 854 MB since it comes from my one and all isntall. Trimming ehre and there it is reasonable to go down to a 6 GB, perhaps 5 removing all the .cat files. The base isntall is WOI. the terrain is ghepard's, revised with a lovely set of hires WOI textures I ve found on CA, I can't recall who did them,,please came out of the closet!). Less or more, eventually it would be a DesertStorm size oepration, but 99% of vehicle and planes are there.

the menu system uses the USNF template made by kout. (30% complete, too many pics to choose from!)

It is not impossible or unrealistic to came to total download a'la DS, if there is any interest.

At the moment single mission are pretty fun to fly, but Id like a campaign, and scriptetd mission. (compntr, where are you?)

The main question and main starring and inspirer is here Ghepard. Are you going, to release eventually a 1.0 version? (Maybe as an idea including some FARP for harriers and helos. There are some lovely in the Harrier campaign made by JSF_aggie.) Moving on to a Campaign and scripted mission would really benifit from a terrain that you consider compelted. Obviously this is not a demand, just a mere request about your plans, in order to eventually plan ahead some modding.

Edited by Canadair

At the moment single mission are pretty fun to fly, but Id like a campaign, and scriptetd mission. (compntr, where are you?)

comrpnt is unavailable at present. He was last seen taking a well-earned vacation on the beach near Da Nang, South Vietnam in April 1965 (having flown in from the Persian Gulf in 1991 after a prolonged assignment).

Please contact the VMFA-531 squadron office and they will relay any messages to him. Thank you for your enquiry.

(PM me for details of my availability. Regards, comrpnt)

The more I look at this the more I like ghepard's work with aghanistan

It is so rugged and mountainous.

Look at the canyon behind the 'Hen

gallery_8037_43_74410.jpg

gallery_8037_43_78634.jpg

Modern soviets plane coming to support Western troops..

gallery_8037_43_23735.jpg

gallery_8037_43_76866.jpg

Happy G.I. receive a barrier of fire to screen them from the enemy

gallery_8037_43_66800.jpg

gallery_8037_43_60356.jpg

Wingman circles for another pass..

gallery_8037_43_20585.jpg

(look a the the mountain and the valley, and the colors. It is ghepardìs terrain with some WOI texture I ve found of author I can't recall here on CA. THANK YOU

not so thankful are the Talebans

gallery_8037_43_13533.jpg

I can't wait for a final isntall of this terrain.

With the list of ground vehicles in the previous post in theis thread (just slightly tweaked in the availabilty entries) I am having a lot of light AAA scattered everywhere and a multidude of infantry engagemts. With Strelas, stingers and blowpipes, hidden everywhere. Get overconfident and you will be hit. There are mayb touch ups to be done, but there is a lot of feeling over there. Seems liek a modern desert vietnam

The more I look at this the more I like ghepard's work with aghanistan

It is so rugged and mountainous.

Look at the canyon behind the 'Hen

gallery_8037_43_74410.jpg

gallery_8037_43_78634.jpg

Modern soviets plane coming to support Western troops..

gallery_8037_43_23735.jpg

gallery_8037_43_76866.jpg

Happy G.I. receive a barrier of fire to screen them from the enemy

gallery_8037_43_66800.jpg

gallery_8037_43_60356.jpg

Wingman circles for another pass..

gallery_8037_43_20585.jpg

(look a the the mountain and the valley, and the colors. It is ghepardìs terrain with some WOI texture I ve found of author I can't recall here on CA. THANK YOU

not so thankful are the Talebans

gallery_8037_43_13533.jpg

I can't wait for a final isntall of this terrain.

With the list of ground vehicles in the previous post in theis thread (just slightly tweaked in the availabilty entries) I am having a lot of light AAA scattered everywhere and a multidude of infantry engagemts. With Strelas, stingers and blowpipes, hidden everywhere. Get overconfident and you will be hit. There are mayb touch ups to be done, but there is a lot of feeling over there. Seems liek a modern desert vietnam

Is a very nice idea make an Afghanistan Campaign, and write this lines for answer you about the employment of the AC-130 in Afghanistan.If you go on "You tube" you will find o lot of videos about this plane in Afghanistan used specially for nigth missions for support the special forces in the fight against the Talibans.And the last thing don't forget to put the Italian Tornado IDS of the 6° Stormo.Go on this pages more informations:

http://www.ima-photo.com/articoli/20081124...i.asp?id_art=13

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_type...AC-130&aq=f

Best regards,

Teo :ok:

That is beautiful! Wonderful work to all who are involved! I can't wait until the finished result!

Mostly I am waiting for the next terrain, edition. then I'll start the campaign. After that, if all the modders agree, I'll pack everything for download. So far, all that I ve used is available on CACE or elsehwere. Haven't invented anything, just merely put stuff toghter.

Is a very nice idea make an Afghanistan Campaign, and write this lines for answer you about the employment of the AC-130 in Afghanistan.If you go on "You tube" you will find o lot of videos about this plane in Afghanistan used specially for nigth missions for support the special forces in the fight against the Talibans.And the last thing don't forget to put the Italian Tornado IDS of the 6° Stormo.Go on this pages more informations:

http://www.ima-photo.com/articoli/20081124...i.asp?id_art=13

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_type...AC-130&aq=f

Best regards,

Teo :ok:

I'm not really sure if the youtube videos are a reliable source...

If I remember correctly, some of them have scenes from CoD between the "real" footage!

The waterbomber project is currently on hold, since I lack the skills needed to make a decent CL215/415, and it is hard to gather intersest about this "niche" scenario.

Plus, with summer coming, I got a huge real-time dose of water bomber training, and I am pretty done for now

But, I started another project, taking advantage of ghepard Afghanistan.

An Afghanistan install is intersting because:

-It is a tribute to the Soldiers fighting there. (hello EricJ)

-It is intersting because on the news daily

-It involves modern airplanes

-There is a terrain ind evelopment by Ghepard

-it offers the chance to do a Russian Afghan Campaign

-it is mostly ground moving, and agaisnt a low technology enemy. different from the usual dodge sam and bang migs

-it is relaxing for the above reason, yet can be easily made demanding, (for example adding "civilists" close to "taliban", with a negative score if hit

-It is a Desert environment with canyons and mountains, fun to fly on

-it is good for a quick singlemission and offers ground for a campaign.

-it is a n "easy" project since 100% of the stuff is already there , or with suitable, reasonable placeholders

The install is coming along pretty easily. I picked the following ground objects. this part is 85% ready. Most sams and MBT have been removed, abd ghepard objestcs adeed making this pretty a infantry-scenario.

and airplanes, this part is 75% ready. Some loadouts need to be optimized, and maybe some skins not relevant to the scenario should be removed.

Needs to be said that I picked airplanes at the best of my knowledge. It is very hard to find a list of squadrons deployed in afghanistan. for example I don't know about which AC-130 was involved. Or if French Airforce is involved at all. althoguh I ve seen some M2000D refuel.Some planes are placeholders (i.e C-141A for the C-17, lovely jul'Zeewolf for the AH-64) Some are betas with a final coming soon (GR7)..Some are russian mudmovers, for historical reasons. (Soviet, according to ghepaqrd isntructiosn is labeled as FRIENDLY). Some ar ejsut too fun not add, like the Skorpion

At the moment the whol install is 8 GB. But alone the weapon folder is 854 MB since it comes from my one and all isntall. Trimming ehre and there it is reasonable to go down to a 6 GB, perhaps 5 removing all the .cat files. The base isntall is WOI. the terrain is ghepard's, revised with a lovely set of hires WOI textures I ve found on CA, I can't recall who did them,,please came out of the closet!). Less or more, eventually it would be a DesertStorm size oepration, but 99% of vehicle and planes are there.

the menu system uses the USNF template made by kout. (30% complete, too many pics to choose from!)

It is not impossible or unrealistic to came to total download a'la DS, if there is any interest.

The main question and main starring and inspirer is here Ghepard. Are you going, to release eventually a 1.0 version? (Maybe as an idea including some FARP for harriers and helos. There are some lovely in the Harrier campaign made by JSF_aggie.) Moving on to a Campaign and scripted mission would really benifit from a terrain that you consider compelted. Obviously this is not a demand, just a mere request about your plans, in order to eventually plan ahead some modding.

So far it's just the USAF/USMC/USN, French, Dutch and Brits. It's definitely multinational but those are the major air players around here. Maybe a few others but mainly that's what I've seen anyways.

Alot of the scenarios would be CAS/Strike missions, as I don't carry AAMs obviously due to no air threat when playing the Single Missions.

So far it's just the USAF/USMC/USN, French, Dutch and Brits. It's definitely multinational but those are the major air players around here. Maybe a few others but mainly that's what I've seen anyways.

Alot of the scenarios would be CAS/Strike missions, as I don't carry AAMs obviously due to no air threat when playing the Single Missions.

The russian planes in the screenshot were more a "back to afghnistan" feature, for the Russian forces in coalition wtih Western Powers against Terrorism. For now fictional. As for AAM, I was going to ask the very same question. while for some airplanes might be just useless drag, for others, like the F-16 is apparently structurally wise to carry AAM on wingtips in order to minimize aeroelastic fatigue. (Read this somewhere..)

Which wapons are the the Dutch using? Any Precision guided ammunition?

Everybody mainly uses precision weapons. It's required out here really.

Everybody mainly uses precision weapons. It's required out here really.

What about a dedicated Soviet-Afghan War campaign for the terrain?

Well one of the star players isnt released yet. The SU-25 Frogfoot. Kinda hard to have a campaign like that with out it ya know?