Sign in to follow this  
331Killerbee

Using Custom Effects in SF2

If You notice in Lexx's "Read Me" With the Nuke Effects of His, He states that there are Single Entries for the "Old" MissileObject.INI........I bet You'll have to call out the Effect Class as in CA_Stary's for each Effect just like listed Above:"NukeExplosionEffect"...... Just leave the Entries Blank for "GroundHitEffect"....and so on....

Edited by 331Killerbee

KX,

If it still doesn't work, Try removing the "+" from this line:

HydroDymamicSeperation+BreakawayPulse-KT300

You can do the Edits to the WeaponsData.ini with NotePad without using the "Save" of the Weapons Editor. The "Save" Button is really for Creating a New Weapons Folder or Creating a New Weapon or Copying one....

Edited by 331Killerbee

YEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GET SOME!!!! Now All yor airfields and comms belong to uz!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: I am as happy as a pig in a pig orgy!!!!! Now to fix up the rest of them :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :good::ok:

post-13988-1242259884_thumb.jpg

post-13988-1242259896_thumb.jpg

post-13988-1242259909_thumb.jpg

post-13988-1242259935_thumb.jpg

post-13988-1242259969_thumb.jpg

If You notice in Lexx's "Read Me" With the Nuke Effects of His, He states that there are Single Entries for the "Old" MissileObject.INI........I bet You'll have to call out the Effect Class as in CA_Stary's for each Effect just like listed Above:"NukeExplosionEffect"...... Just leave the Entries Blank for "GroundHitEffect"....and so on....

It worked as it was posted earlier, but thanks for the heads up! The more I understand about how this works, the better my chances of being able to make my own one day! :biggrin: :biggrin: As we say in the teaching profession, an error is a gift to learning, through analysing what was wrong in this case, I think we all learn't (Edit: see what I mean?? Gwyn's apostrophe poltergeist strikes again) a little more about the way it all works, or is supposed to work! This is the bit that was needed in the data ini of the weapon for that class of Lexx's effects:

[KT300Effect]

EffectShaderName=twColor1.fx

AirBurstEffectName=KT300Effect

AirBurstSoundName=Nuclear.wav

GroundHitSoundName=Nuclear.wav

WaterHitSoundName=Nuclear.wav

ObjectHitSoundName=Nuclear.wav

CraterType=5

The other thing was to rename the effect ini KT300Effect.ini rename the name of the effect inside the ini as KT300Effect and add KT300Effect as the effect class in the weapon data ini (WE.177B in this case) So now it's really a very simple matter of adding the text entries where appropriate. Not such a hard job seeing as we only have a few dozen nukes in game, should be doable in a day :good:

I added it in notepad, saved and ran the weapon editor, at some point the data was lost. Sometimes I really am convinced there is a ghost in my machine when it comes to TK's games, it's uncanny! 3 laptops and one desktop over the years and this sort of thing has happened many many times, I used to blame defragging, but seriously I think I might have a poltergeist that follows my modded installs. (I'm not really crazy, honest)

Edited by Kopis n Xiphos

Small note regarding shaders types.

if you want to upgrade particular effect to SF2 standard, and are not sure which shader should apply to what material, here's simple rule I use:

-for the "volumeric" emitters like smoke, groundmist, dust, dirt or debris types of particles use the EffectShaderName=effectLightLevel.fx

(generally, materials that have BlendOp=BLEND_SRC_ALPHA particle blending option)

-for the fire, explosion, light, flash, flare, streak and so on use EffectShaderName=twColor1.fx

(materials that have BlendOp=BLEND_INV_SRC_ALPHA_ADD_SRC)

I know this doesn't cover all the possible materials types, the most common, but should point one in the right direction

(I hope I won't angry moderators by posting it in KB)

Ok, lets see if I have it right KB (I finally bought SF2/WoV2/WoE2 today) if I want the nukes from the current weapons pack I have to drop the 's' on all the effects assciated with it ie:

[AerialNukeEffects]

AirBurstEffectName=AerialNukeEffect

GroundHitEffectName=NukeExplosionEffect

becomes

[AerialNukeEffect]

AirBurstEffectName=AerialNukeEffect

GroundHitEffectName=NukeExplosionEffect

?

Or have Ir ead the entire post wrong?

It helps. At least for Me. I got them working first try that way. For some unkown reason, It didn't like the "S" in My install. Other people reported the same results as I by doing this. It works. Be sure that the "Effect" itself reflects the same Name.

331KB

so whats in brackets should be the exact same as what the first line in the entry is? Its case sensitive too correct?

(I'm asking all these questions now so I don't bork my install like I did first time I tried modding the original game *chuckles*)

Does anyone know if the new titles have different requirements for .wav files? I still haven't been able to get the flak.wav sound to work from Fubar's 57mm effect mod.

Added the entries to the .ini in the folder for the gun in the guns folder, etc... The new flak cloud shows up fine, it's just the sound that doesn't.

And, yes, the .wav file is in the sounds folder.

In the "Properties" of the .Wav File, See if it's 176kbps. I've noticed anything else, It won't read. If it's 32kpbs. It'll need to be converted with a Sound Converter.

So basically gotta go line for line on the new effects file and make sure everything matches, got it.

Thanks for all the tinkering and tweaking KB, I probably would be lost without you guys since I tend to foul up the little things in the execution of it all.

I would like to know whether the same thing applies to the GunData.ini, :dntknw: for example:

[GunData001]

TypeName=30MM_DEFA553

FullName=30mm DEFA 553 Cannon

Caliber=30.000000

ROF=2000.000000

MuzzleVel=1210.000000

AmmoWt=0.247000

WarheadWt=0.024700

Reliability=95.000000

Accuracy=74.000000

AddLight=TRUE

MaxLightRange=1200.000000

FireColor=0.500000,0.450000,0.320000

GunFireEffect=30mmFireEffect

GunFireSound=Cannon

EffectClassName=30mmEffects <------------------------------------------

EffectTime=0.100000

TracerTexture=Tracer.tga

TracerSize=0.150000

TracerDistFactor=0.002000

TracerLength=0.015000

MaxVisibleDist=4000.000000

MaxStreakVisibleDist=1000.000000

TimeFuzed=FALSE

[30mmEffects]

TracerEmitterName=TracerSmokeEmitter

GroundHitEffectName=30mmGroundHitEffect

GroundHitSoundName=DirtHit

WaterHitEffectName=CannonWaterHitEffect

WaterHitSoundName=

ObjectHitEffectName=30mmObjectHitEffect

ObjectHitSoundName=ObjectHit

ArmorHitEffectName=30mmObjectHitEffect

ArmorHitSoundName=

AirBurstEffectName=FlakEffect

AirBurstSoundName=SmallExplosion

Hi gang. Here are some screenshots of the fixed nuke effect with KillerBee's latest pack. Rather than substitute the K effect, I followed the thread and applied the fixes individually to the ini's. I threw in some other skin and cockpit mods for our nuke capable birds. When I finally got the nukes working, I coudln't help but think of the Banana Boat song with these lyrics:

Come mister Taliban, tally me Osama, Nuke light come and me wan' go home!"

post-54223-12623108913436.jpg

post-54223-12623109185452.jpg

post-54223-12623109374491.jpg

post-54223-12623109575468.jpg

post-54223-12623109694204.jpg

I'll post my file fixes in a minute.

Edited by Squiffy

Here is the fix for the B61 with complimentary browser-sanity-memory-cpu saving snip!

B61_data.ini

opened in notepad:

[WeaponData001]

TypeName=B61

FullName=B61

-snip-

LiftDragRatio=4.000000

ReleaseAnimationID=1

ReleaseAnimationTime=2.000000

ReleaseAnimationDelay=0.250000

EODisplayFlags=0

CEP=0.000000

ADD right here!:

[NukeExplosionEffect]

EffectShaderName=twColor1.fx

AirBurstEffectName=NukeExplosionEffect

WaterHitSoundName=Nuclear.wav

ObjectHitSoundName=Nuclear.wav

CraterType=5

Do the same for all other nukes and you should be good to go. I went ahead and edited the spike effect lines. They may be a little bright and grow a little too wide now but the original started low and crawled only half way up to the intitial burst, also appearing lighter but maybe just as well. I switched the spike from sumthin-sumthin-light.fx to twColor1.fx to make it a light emitter not just reflector (object versus dust or vapor) Probably too much. At least they show now.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..