Sign in to follow this  
viperBAT32

...just a break in the virtual action

would like to hear from all members in the active services on whats happening with you all!nothing is boring or to exciting.lets hear whats going on with you guys!SALUTE! :salute:

moved to the more appropriate Forum

wrench

kevin stein

I'm was active duty but now I am full time USAFR, does that count?

thanks wrench for the right place to post this!learning as i go.....btw,i'm using lots of your mods in my great exp. in this series!thanks a million!

I'm was active duty but now I am full time USAFR, does that count?

but of course dave!you have served your country well.....in past and future!i salute your service!many thanks for this site!can't thank you enough!

btw,Dave....we couldn't do what we are doing today in this AWESOME series w/o your help and understanding!i tell all new comers when they ask"where do i go to get the best add ons?"and i say....combatace is your home for the best add ons,advice,and any help you will ever need!i have NEVER been to a site where the help is numerous and extensive as this site!YOU ALL ROCK!

Thanks for the kind words.

Too bad everyone thinks I'm a dick. And they would be right.

Thanks for the kind words.

oh no,Dave....not my perception of you.i would actually like to know what you did when you entered service in the the AF until now.gives me purpose in what i do in simulation.details are good for me...lets me "know" what you are about,what your thoughts are!i'm listening!

since i'm an Ohio transplant(born in Pt.Pleasant,WV across Ohio river,from Gallipolis,Ohio...Google Earth it to find!..:))i'm really happy to know that you,Dave,are stationed at WPAF(i guess thats where you still are)...want this NE terrain mod to happen so i can download and maybe fly your wing in combat,opposing the evil forces that threaten the USA(as WE want it it!)...thanks again,DAVE!

I got a break from working jets because I got my wisdom pulled so I got a few days of quarters. Only at (H)Ellsworth do we look forward to dental surgery just so we can get some time off, lol

now THATS hard-core Cowboy! :lmaosmiley:

btw,what aircraft do you work on?

Betcha $100 it's the B-1

For me the heroes are the ones that don't come home.

I've always been uncomfortable with the idea of the word 'hero' being thrown around. I think it's used too often nowadays.

To me, the word should be used sparingly, for those who have directly risked life and limb for their fellow man.

FC

Thank you FC, thank you so much for this post. I certainly would never consider myself a "Hero" for what I do. It's simply a job I got to everyday to fix jets. That's it.

I've always been uncomfortable with the idea of the word 'hero' being thrown around. I think it's used too often nowadays.

To me, the word should be used sparingly, for those who have directly risked life and limb for their fellow man.

FC

oh but "heroes" come in many forms! how about my parents who had to sell produce off the back of a broken down pick-up to feed and clothe 5 kids!but,we were never unclean and never hungry and always had shoes on our feet and clothes on our back.so they sacraficed for us,to make sure that we would have something!HEROES come in many forms,and,in my opinion,is not used nearly enough for the people that deserve it!

Not to belittle what your parents did, but in my opinion, that's called being a responsible mother and father...it's part of the job description. My parents sacrificed so much for us while we grew up to make sure we didn't need for anything. And there isn't anything I wouldn't do for my kids, especially considering our current situation.

As per the definition:

1. a mythological or legendary figure often of divine descent endowed with great strength or ability

2. an illustrious warrior

3. a man admired for his achievements and noble qualities

4. one that shows great courage

5. the principal male character in a literary or dramatic work

6. the central figure in an event, period, or movement

7. an object of extreme admiration and devotion

As you can see, the definition of hero can cover a wide span, and is subject to individual interpretation. I personally just think it's used too much anymore. My opinion is that is should be reserved for those who have 'faced the Elephant' and have measured up to the task, doesn't matter if it's combat or not.

FC

Not to belittle what your parents did, but in my opinion, that's called being a responsible mother and father...it's part of the job description. My parents sacrificed so much for us while we grew up to make sure we didn't need for anything. And there isn't anything I wouldn't do for my kids, especially considering our current situation.

As per the definition:

As you can see, the definition of hero can cover a wide span, and is subject to individual interpretation. I personally just think it's used too much anymore. My opinion is that is should be reserved for those who have 'faced the Elephant' and have measured up to the task, doesn't matter if it's combat or not.

FC

FC

You're the wind beneath my wings.

:biggrin:

FC

You're the wind beneath my wings.

:biggrin:

Now that´s too nice. Your wife knows? :biggrin:

FC

+1, exactly how I see it. I don't really call it a "job", but something I do take pride in doing when I pick up the "hero".