Sign in to follow this  
scouserlad13

PS3 vs XBOX 360

Sorry to be mean, it is a question that has plagued mankind since the release of both consoles, let the battle commence

PS3:

-Free online

-Blu ray player

-Internet browser

-ALL PS2 GAMES PLAYABLE with backwards capability

-Easy to charge controlers, just hook it up via USB

-Able to store pictures, films and music

X360

-more games

-cheaper

-more games

-cheaper

Yes, but you can buy 2 360s for 1 PS3 and swap back and forth while one is out for service. :wink:

Wii beats both of them.

Microsoft laying off workers.

Sony still in the red.

Nintendo is making a lot of money even in this economy. :D

BTW, I own PS3 and enjoying it. But these days, I play more Thirdwire Sims. :D

PC

Flight SIMS + Joystick (that alone should do it)

mouse+keyboard

upgradable whenever

most games

fastest and most capable graphically

highest quality games.

Yes, but you can buy 2 360s for 1 PS3 and swap back and forth while one is out for service. :wink:

Good point :yes: . Ive been lucky enough to have both of these in my house (I own a Ps3 and my brother owns an Xbox360) and to be completely honest they both have there pros and cons. I think the xbox 360 has better graphics but the ps3 has more features. This argument could turn nasty lol.

Just stick to PCs.....

Mike

PC

Flight SIMS + Joystick (that alone should do it)

mouse+keyboard

upgradable whenever

most games

fastest and most capable graphically

highest quality games.

Here! Here! lot of good pc games are modable! Did we mention the best flight sims? :biggrin: I also have the 360 elite for sports games

Edited by Viper6

X360

-more games

-cheaper

-more games

-cheaper

You cant have that, its been out for longer than PS3 has so of course there are going to be more games

And the reason its cheaper is because it has less features :biggrin:

Guest a10boar

Sold both PS3 and XBOX 360 for a better computer and monitor.Boy,do I love this computer! :type:

The new 360's dont suffer from the RROD my elite has never even stuttered once. I play NCAA 09 for up to 12 hours at a time

I have 2 PS2s 1 XBOX, and 1 XBOX 360 ELITE. My neighbor has the PS3, I like them both. I have played the 360 almost 14 hours straight online CD4. ts never faultered either. many friends have the white systems before 07 and they have gottton the ring stil waiting for mine. I read that some origonal Elites may be saseptable to the RED RING.

Just going to say that as primarily a PC gamer the Wii is the most attractive console to me. Both on the PS3 and XB360 most games that I find interesting I would have rather played on a PC. The games that I like on the Wii seem a better fit for the system. Out of the other two systems though I am more interested in an XB360 and have considered getting one now that it is cheap.

I read that some origonal Elites may be saseptable to the RED RING.

Mine was! So, I got a new 360 Elite. Had a RROD for 12 seconds couple weeks ago. Still works!

360 is better for online than the PS3 too. That's the good thing about paying for Xbox Live

Red Rings you guys are reffering to 3RL?

i got it once on my Xbox 360 halo edition, but i've just pressed power off and it came to life again.LoL.

her is my babe xD

OgAAAE44Bn0unzYVw02sLoS4zAdXcz32JszETUJGr1tjnYM5xMBcX2Wv4C0UMRZbPs37YA8R2jE0aMDxJi8yNwYTWV8Am1T1UCdsZNgdJ9rB4KMFsjCgvkq4oq0_.jpg

PS3 ++

Well, I own a PC and an XBox 360 Elite (never red-ringed) and I plan on getting a PS3 eventually, especially now with the leaked info on the PS3 slim that's in development. So you guys can argue all you want, I'll be having fun and enjoying the systems and games. I have a hacked PSP too, love that. Oh, and a PS2, which definitely is my favorite console, and a Super Nintendo. Even have an N64 sitting around here somewhere.

But just because I like be controversial, I'll comment on some stuff from this thread.

"-Internet browser" I have a computer, thanks.

"-Easy to charge controlers, just hook it up via USB" Same on the 360, although since the system update my controller refuses to charge for some reason, just goes straight to the green charged light...

"-Able to store pictures, films and music" I just stream from my PC, I wouldn't want to have to transfer all that stuff anyway.

"Xbox 360 RED RING OF DEATH" Like I said, never had it.

"Wii beats both of them." Tried the Wii. Its gimicky and got old fast. The motion sensing wasn't as impressive as the impression I'd been given. The system's graphics were atrocious, zero anti aliasing, which was a problem I'd expect from the PS2, not a new system.

"PC...highest quality games." While I do prefer PC over everything, its a pretty expensive platform if you're just gaming. Thankfully I do quite a bit on my PC outside of gaming. Still, not looking forward to that video card upgrade I need. Also, I can't agree with it being the end all to highest quality games. Maybe if you only play stuff like flight simulators, but many RPG's and other genres tend to stick to consoles, and those have their fair share of outstanding games.

Like I said, I plan on getting a PS3, once they get cheap anyway. I'll admit though, the only reason I'm going to get one is because of the exclusive content I can't get on the 360. Primarily Valkyria Chronicles comes to mind. I'd prefer to only have to buy one console per generation...but that's not the way the market works.

"PC...highest quality games." While I do prefer PC over everything, its a pretty expensive platform if you're just gaming. Thankfully I do quite a bit on my PC outside of gaming. Still, not looking forward to that video card upgrade I need. Also, I can't agree with it being the end all to highest quality games. Maybe if you only play stuff like flight simulators, but many RPG's and other genres tend to stick to consoles, and those have their fair share of outstanding games.

True, some games just go much better on a console. Like one on one fighting games just don't feel right on a PC even if you have a gamepad for it, and also true that the PC don't get a lot of final fantasy style roleplaying games. My previous comment did not mean to indicate that if you have a PC then the 360 and PS3 is uninteresting to everyone, I just mean that to me personally I have not seen a lot of games on those that I want enough to get the system. I play MMOs and shooters and sims on the PC, and I don't think either console do those genres all too well. I am all but allergic to dual analog shooters :P

Racing games are fun too and I guess both the PS3 and 360 have some really good ones, but I get my racing fix on the PC too.

I got no complaints about the graphics on the Wii, but then again I don't even have an HDTV

-ALL PS2 GAMES PLAYABLE with backwards capability

Since you're in Oz, you won't get that. For some reason, Sony, in their infinite wisdom, decided to delete that capability from the Australian model. But you'd have scouser region titles, wouldn't you? :smile:. The lack of PS compatibility killed it for me. I have a stack of PS2 titles I love and my PS2 is on it's last legs. Aside from that, I really don't care for the Blu ray player (I'll get one in the future if I want one) or the web browsing since I use a PC and there are only a few features about it I actually like. But the thing I can't seem to shake is that all the games I like, I can either pick up for 360 or simply aren't on the PS3. And there's more of a multiplayer focus with most of the games for Xbox anyways. I dunno... for me, the 360 took the initiative and kept my interest.

...but then again, it's still a console. And if I can't mod it, I'll lose interest in it eventually. :tongue:

If you saw one of the onions news reports, all sony's are pieces of SH!T

A buddy purchased the 360 that I have as a wedding gift for me four years ago, other than that if I had purchased a console on my own I could‘ve went either way. However, my favorite game is Fallout 3 which runs like junk because of programming issues on the PS3 and also the DLCs for the game are not available for the PS3 version also. Their both pretty much the same, but I'm glad I have 360 because the aforementioned issue. The 360 v. PS3 fan boys crowd are too much also.

BTW PS3 may be a dying system; Sony may cut their losses sooner or later-

http://videogames.yahoo.com/events/plugged...brother/1315218

Since you're in Oz, you won't get that. For some reason, Sony, in their infinite wisdom, decided to delete that capability from the Australian model.

Sony only made one model that had PS2 backwards compatibility and none of their current models have it. That one model only had backwards compatibility because they put PS2 hardware in it alongside PS3 hardware. Too costly so they stopped making that model which means PS3 does not have backwards compatibility with PS2 games anywhere and not just OZ. Sony does sell some PS2 games at their online store that have been ported to PS3 though, a few PS1 games too.

I have PS3 now and had 360 before too. Form me PS3 is better only because of BluRay and better quality hardware, isn't noisy like my 360 was. 360 has a better game library though. Wii is not even a contender because it is mostly kiddy games that do not appeal to me.

My 360 just got RROD after about a year and a half of use. Supposed to be back by next week. Even so, I still like my 360 - great game library, great online support. I have no problems with the PS3 either, one of my friends owns one and it's a solid system, but I don't see myself buying one any time soon.

PS3 has a better controller scheme. Its good for FPS, racing, rpg, and fighting XB360's controller scheme seem's to me more geared towards FPS definitely no good for fighting games

Have you tried playing soulcalibur 5 or street fighter 5 on the 360 it's almost impossible. OTOH the 360 does indeed have slightly better graphics but the difference from the ps3 is negligible I mean its hardly apparent at first glance + the ps3 has blue ray when sony starts cranking out those 50gb ps3 exclusiv games you xb360 fanboys are going to be so left out

You can't argue with that, but I bet your going to try