Sign in to follow this  
Slick Wilhelm

Hats off to OBD software!

I don't know who you are, but I wish the members of ODB software would stop by this thread to introduce yourselves and let me buy you a virtual beer. What you have produced is simply astounding! OFF phase three is what Red Baron 3D should have been upon it's release. You gentlemen(any ladies involved?) have produced what is for my money the best flight sim on the market...perhaps the best flight sim EVER!

I've flown my very first patrol as a German unteroffizier, and I actually managed to find my way back to base and land successfully. Of course, I managed to lose my flight members because I have the radar turned off, and without tags it's very easy to lose vis on them.

I took a two year sabbatical from the skies, and it sure feels good to have my hands on my CH Pro HOTAS and Track IR 4 pro again. I still have a little work to do on the key mappings for my HOTAS, but I was able to manage well enough with what little I do have configured.

Well done, lads. Words cannot express my gratitude for the outstanding work you did and continue to do. :victory: :fans: :clapping::good:

...perhaps the best flight sim EVER!

Welcome again, Slick Wilhelm

and if you eliminate the "perhaps", we could become good friends (Lol!)

Yes, it IS so great! I wish you many immersive flights. If you want to fly without "radar" and as a leader,

you best press "R" for Return whereever you change directions. Also, don't fly away from your field, unless

all wings are close to you (I use 65% throttle, so they can catch up). Then they should be with you.

And sometimes, you'll need them! (At least as witnesses).

My Wingman No.1 has saved my bum several times, when I called for Help "H".

Another one doomed to this state.... And Rochester, that's around my area as well.

Welcome to OFF BH&H fellow Minnesotan. We have enough of us to form a squad now.

Welcome to OFF BH&H fellow Minnesotan. We have enough of us to form a squad now.

I call flight leader! :biggrin:

Welcome back to the skies, Slick Wilhelm! You're right, this is the uber sim of them all - and an outstanding forum to go with it! Not to mention phenominal support from the OBD team. However I regret to inform you that you have now developed a split personality. And one of them is a WWI pilot. :good:

Step by Step instructions for becoming an OFF aholic

1) Buy The Software

2) Install the Software

3) Run the Software

Have fun!

Whoops, its OBD Software, not ODB! Sorry guys.

Obviously caused by too much database work during the day. ;)

I'm not from Minnesota, but I once dated a girl from Austin. Spent Nov, Dec, & Jan of '79-'80 there. Too cold for me.

CJ

Slick: I've had a similar but different experience. I've been a hardcore pc wargamer for years but never bothered much with flight sims. I read about OFF in the Wargamer.com forums and decided to go outside my comfort zone and try it. This work of brilliance is all that I've been playing since. Matrix's American Civil War game "Forge of Freedom" has been sitting on my hard drive untouched because of OFF. I'm about to fire up OFF again right now......Onward and Upward!!

Slick: I've had a similar but different experience. I've been a hardcore pc wargamer for years but never bothered much with flight sims. I read about OFF in the Wargamer.com forums and decided to go outside my comfort zone and try it. This work of brilliance is all that I've been playing since. Matrix's American Civil War game "Forge of Freedom" has been sitting on my hard drive untouched because of OFF. I'm about to fire up OFF again right now......Onward and Upward!!

Thnaks for all the very kind words fellas... this is what 4+ years of dedicated work gives back to the public... something they can truely appreciate. :)

Rayfer, go back and tell all the guys at Wargamer.com to come and give us a try. If they're getting tired of riding the Calvary in the dirt, try the Calvary in the sky.

All the best,

OvS

OvS...just posted it on the wargamer.com forums under General Computer Gaming....title: Over Flanders Fields

I'm not from Minnesota, but I once dated a girl from Austin. Spent Nov, Dec, & Jan of '79-'80 there. Too cold for me.

CJ

It got really cold when his wife found out about the girl he was dating. :biggrin:

Sorry couldn't resist.

Tony

It got really cold when his wife found out about the girl he was dating. :biggrin:

Sorry couldn't resist.

Tony

LOL .... and I thought CJ was talking about the girl not Austin. :biggrin:

Welcome and thanks for the virtubeer [tm] Slick about the only type we get to see these days I think ;)

I got the next round. Flyin' and dyin' has never been more fun. This is an outstanding piece of software!!!

That's too funny, rayfer. I just bought "Forge of Freedom" from Matrix about two weeks ago myself, and I have yet to play it. So many great games, so little time.

And that a very good thing!

Btw guys, it was 93F yesterday in Rochester and 90F is expected today. Who says Minnesota is cold. :biggrin:

Well IMHO Minnesota is too damn cold for too damn long. If someone buys my place I'm headed for Maui, Hawaii. But really Minnesota is awesome anyone would love it here. I have the most wonderful place in Minnesota for sale, close to the cities 5 acres, river front with 275' foot beach, wildlife, privacy, a second house, a 40' x 100" shop. I must be crazy for wanting to leave. Comes with a 1949 Chris Craft sports model runabout. Any interest? Yeah right.