Sign in to follow this  
Ham920

Reactivating a Dead Pilot

I just got OFF Version 3 a few weeks ago for my birthday and finally began fooling around with it. I entered my name as the first pilot and then took off on a solo flight. Well sure enough I crashed and killed myself. Is there any way I can reactivate myself with my same name and rank or do I have to reinstall the whole OFF application to get my life as a WW1 pilot back?

I just got OFF Version 3 a few weeks ago for my birthday and finally began fooling around with it. I entered my name as the first pilot and then took off on a solo flight. Well sure enough I crashed and killed myself. Is there any way I can reactivate myself with my same name and rank or do I have to reinstall the whole OFF application to get my life as a WW1 pilot back?

Could just make a new pilot of the same name in the dossier without having to reinstall the game.

Hi Ham, if you want you can go to the workshop and set your pilot to never die.

Can I go to the workshop and have go back and have the dead pilot never die?

Can I go to the workshop and have go back and have the dead pilot never die?

Nope. He's dead. Suggest you set up a new pilot (same name/rank/squadron if you want) as invincible in workshop BEFORE you fly.

You could call Dr. Frankenstein, or is that Frahnkensteen?

You could call Dr. Frankenstein, or is that Frahnkensteen?

Okay, first we have Princess Bride allusions. Now, Mel Brooks! :biggrin:

Ham, just hit Enlist New Pilot over on the bottom right of the Pilot Dossier screen and sign up with the same info you used the first time if you want. You don't have to reinstall. You can have as many pilots as you like, even at the same time.

Edited by griphos

Also, one that works elsewhere here at CA too:

"If you've got a problem, don't be backward in coming forward!"

after u wack the ground dont click the accept tab click the re-fly

Ham, the death of the first pilots hurts most. But you'll get used to it after many flights.

It will only get really good, when you accepted, that you're not good enough yet.

Because then you begin to do things better and better.

You let the desire go, to be an "instant ace" - and learn how to do it.

And then, only then, you realise one day, that you have reached the 17 hour mark!

I have three first names - Detlev Juergen Guenther - and so I use these three for 3 pilots.

If one dies, I clear the log, and enlist another with the same name. I'm flying this sim since

February 20st, I died a hundred times, and only now am I getting close to the 17 hour mark

with also a good kill tally of 17 so far. And now, the nervousness returns on this pilot...

Thanks one and all for getting back to me on this. I guess I'll take your advise and go back and activate another piolt with the same rank & name. Sounds easier than reinstalling. Thanks again for all your replies.