Here is the results so far of testing your effects for SF2.

img00004.jpg

img00008.jpg

img00009.jpg

img00012.jpg

img00014.jpg

I havent got the nuke affects to work for me despite Gunny and I trying to for hours.

Which nuke effects? I have Lexx's and Stary's working no problems. Are you using EE3?

Which nuke effects? I have Lexx's and Stary's working no problems. Are you using EE3?

This is an effects pack I am testing for Stary that he sent me today since I am using a Vista machine with DX10.

Edited by Kopis n Xiphos

Ok.. new effects ! :ok: Excellent!!! I'm on vista with DX 10 also. I think the main issue with the effects has been a combination of naming convention... everything must be precise, and also the addition of the effect section under the weapon data ini. Do the new effects cover multiple sizes of Nuke?

Yeah I added all that and still nothing.

And you checked that all the tgas are named properly, and all the elements exist? Everything the main effect ini tells the engine is supposed to happen, such and such element, such and such emitter, such and such material and so on all needs to add up to 1 and everything is now case sensitive it appears. I would be glad to volunteer as a tester for the low end machines if Mr. Starkiewicz needs another hand?

And you checked that all the tgas are named properly, and all the elements exist?

Hey, this ain't no rookie here. :lol:

Yhea.....Dropping the "S" does it for all of them....Even Leaflet Bomb Effect.

Dave has got another Issue somewhere that's keeping His Effects from showing.....

On some Video Cards, Like mine, The Effects Shaders help out......On others, It has no effect at all. And on some others, has to be there in order to work......That's what I'm finding out from others and the two Machines I'm now running SF2 on......

So, aircraft fire, aircraft explosion, various bomb-related effects and countermeasures are working. No nukes. That's partially good news. KillerBee PMd me, seems he has nukes working.

edit:

Killerbee, maybe there are different versions of Dx10 installed on them? So the ones that aren't up to date don't use shaders and refuese to display effects properly? And what cards are these?

Edited by CA_Stary

Dave's Problem is in the Specific Weapons releated Effects such as Nuke's, FAE's, WilliePete's....General Effects are working fine for Him.....

I've got them all working now and are tying them to their Weapons....

Dave's Problem is in the Specific Weapons releated Effects such as Nuke's, FAE's, WilliePete's....General Effects are working fine for Him.....

I've got them all working now and are tying them to their Weapons....

So, next TMF weapons pack is going to have them? These from older Bunyaps packs were by master Deuces (from his EffectPack 3 IIRC), and still look good, the only ones newer being nukes (either mine or Lexx's)

All of them......And it just accured to Me, You can now taylor your Weapons Effects to a Specific Weapon and according to One's Tastes.... You can have Different Explosions for different made Bombs or Explosions according to a Nation or Manufacture..... The ones in the TMF Packs are renames of either Deuces or Bunyaps....

Edited by 331Killerbee

All of them......And i just accured to Me, You can now taylor your Weapons Effects to a Specific Weapon and according to One's Tastes.... You can have Different Explosions for different made Bombs or Explosions according to a Nation or Manufacture.....

That's a big feature :yes:

Here's additional info I also posted in the "Using Custom Effects in SF2" thread in Knowledge Base:

Small note regarding shaders types.

if you want to upgrade particular "custom" effect to SF2 standard, and are not sure which shader should apply to what material, here's simple rule I use:

-for the "volumeric" emitters like smoke, groundmist, dust, dirt or debris types of particles use the EffectShaderName=effectLightLevel.fx

(generally, materials that have BlendOp=BLEND_SRC_ALPHA particle blending option)

-for the fire, explosion, light, flash, flare, streak and so on use EffectShaderName=twColor1.fx

(materials that have BlendOp=BLEND_INV_SRC_ALPHA_ADD_SRC)

I know this doesn't cover all the possible materials types, the most common, but should point one in the right direction