It's for any of the ThirdWire jet series of sims with the exception of the 2nd generation(SF2, SFV).

FC

Yup. for all of these: SF/SFG/WoV/WoE

WoE is the best choice for a WW2 style install, as it's the most flexible in mission types.

But rmember --- DO NOT PATCH YOU WW2 GAME INSTALL PAST THE 06 LEVEL, lest ye experience major difficulties with aircraft handling (ie: flight models ain't built for it)

according the ndicki, a lot will even work in the SF2 series,, with the expected aforementioned squiffiness in handling. So, yes not really reccomended. But it slowly being 'looked at'

wrench

kevin stein

Is that the Russet Coat Wildfowler? Another one made if over here? Welcome aboard! :good:

Just a thought, but doesn't WOI have a mustang? Couldn't we just look at the FM from a post '08 WOI mustang to figure out how props work? I'm guessing that's how modders figured out how to make FMs anyways.

It will have one once the expansion pack with it is released.I think the major problem is that there are so many FM that need to be redone that the huge workload has been a big reasonthe WW2 stuff hasn't been updated yet.Also what tends to happen is someone spend day or weeks fixing a flight model and a week latter the next patch is released and everything is back to square one.

Did we just gain another prop-head!!!?????

(mr burns voice...) Excccceeellllntt!

that brings us up to what? and even 2 dozen?? (not counting them folks still 'in the closet' over WW2 installs...) :wink:

yes, we are MOST eagerly awaiting the WoI expansion pack, not only for a Meteor, but to see whats being done with the 'stangs FM. Hopefully, we'll get templates too... :biggrin: If only to replace some of MY shoddy work!!!

wrench

kevin stein

hi im new to modding but not simming.Ive wanted to do a WW2 install for ages but dont know how !Could somone help and maybe list the files needed with basic instructions. Ive used the COMBAT ACE search facility but i keep going round in circles. BTW this is a great site ! Thanks

Is that the Russet Coat Wildfowler? Another one made if over here? Welcome aboard! :good:

Yes Thats me!!

Still exploring OFF and love MAW and ETO but I was given a copy of First Egales with expansion pack for my Birthday and I have since downloaded virtually all there is! I feel this is getting to be a great sim.

Also I was given Strike Fighters gold by a friend but I am not really a jet jockey (even though I was trained as a navigator in the RAF, I do'nt think I ever worked out what all the buttons, knobs and switches were in real life!!) so if I can mod it to WW2 that would be great.

Hi aisling,

Welcome aboard. This will give you a baseline WW2 ETO install without too much hassle:

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...p;showfile=5246

The installation instructions will set you up, although where it says "install latest weapons pack," now all you need is Wrench's WW2 wep pack, available here at CA.

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...p;showfile=8495

Tally-ho!

Baltika

Edited by Baltika

Hi aisling,

Welcome aboard. This will give you a baseline WW2 ETO install without too much hassle:

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...p;showfile=5246

The installation instructions will set you up, although where it says "install latest weapons pack," now all you need is Wrench's WW2 wep pack, available here at CA.

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...p;showfile=8495

Tally-ho!

Baltika

Thanks for that, much appreciated!! :salute:

You're welcome :good:

Any problems with set up, just give me a shout. There are quite a few WW2 campaigns available here, covering ETO, MTO and PTO, with several more in the pipeline.

Enjoy!

You're welcome :good:

Any problems with set up, just give me a shout. There are quite a few WW2 campaigns available here, covering ETO, MTO and PTO, with several more in the pipeline.

Enjoy!

Hi,

I need a bit of help.

I have no weapons at all. Where does the weapons folder sit? At the moment its in the main directory. I tried it in objects but that just crashed the game.

Also the terrain has strange colour bands, some pale green the rest of the ground looks normal.

I try to take off from runway and blow up!

Also are there meant to be any objects on the airfields, at the moment they are just asphelt strips.

Otherwise flies great, sounds great.

Thanks

Assuming a C drive install, the folder would be...

C/ProgramFiles/Strike Fighters/Objects/Weapons

another important question:

what patch level are you using in the game install?? If, for some reason, you've patched to the 08 level, you'll need the new SP5 WoI style weapons editor.

What I do in all my installs, is create a new folder, "WeaponsEditors", and drop the WE and guneditor in there. Keeps things simplified.

Then, after setting the compatiblity mode to Winge98, open the editor, navigate to the /Weapons folder, open the weaponsdata ini, open any weapon by double clicking on it, click OK -do nothing else!!-, then just hit SAVE. That will revalidate it to the newest level by creating a new weaponsdata.dat file.

If still (hopefully) at the 06 patch level, the WW2Pak I uploaded should work OOB ... mind you, some aircraft MAY need some adjustments as to weapons attachment types, but that's a simple data ini edit, and we'll worry about that later, on a case-by-case basis.

as to the missing terrain objects, and blowing up on the runway, double check your cat pointer line in the terrains main ini.

The example below is from the BoB terrain, from my SWOTL ETO install:

[Terrain]

TerrainFullName=Battle of Britain

DataFile=Battle of Britain_data.INI

TargetFile=Battle of Britain_targets.ini

TargetTypeFile=Battle of Britain_types.ini

NationsFile=Battle of Britain_nations.ini

BriefingText=Battle of Britain_briefing.ini

MovementFile=Battle of Britain_movement.INI

DogfightFile=Battle of Britain_dogfight.INI

DogfightOnly=FALSE

//CatFile=..\Desert\Desert.cat

CatFile=..\GermanyCE\GermanyCE.cat

//CatFile=..\VietnamSEA\VietnamSEA.cat <--these 3 are the cat descriptor lines

Latitude=50.0

Longitude=0.0

For some odd reason, I always have all 3 of the original cats listed, but comment (the double slash marks // ) out the ones I'm not using.

If you can show us some screenies, it might help too!

wrench

kevin stein

Any sense of when we might expect the WOI expansion pack? Seems like before they said possible Spring of '09!?!

Good luck, Wildfowler - weapons in this sim make CFS3 look easy! But it won't normally CTD or lock up if you're missing something, which is a relief.

For info, The Wrench is the "How things work" ace, so pay attention! :smile:

Iam having real problems here. If i put any folder into the objects folder the game crashes on loading.

I think I have screwed it up so much I am going to have to uninstall enerything including SF1Gold and start again!

Guest a10boar
Iam having real problems here. If i put any folder into the objects folder the game crashes on loading.

I think I have screwed it up so much I am going to have to uninstall enerything including SF1Gold and start again!

Hey Wildfowler welcome aboard!Look inside your object folder and you should see these main folders

Aircraft

Decals

Groundobjects

Weapons

OK,the trick is not to have any "subfolders outside" these main folders listed.For example,only inside the Aircraft folder should be Aircraft,pilots and seats.Groundobjects is for Tanks,SAM's,Ships and etc.

So,if you have any sub-folders outside these folders,that's most likely where things are going ctd on you ok?Also,check out the knowledge base here.It's very helpful.And as always,Read Those Read Me's!Just like we did in CFS2/3 for 1%!

Good luck!Please don't give up.

Hey Wildfowler welcome aboard!Look inside your object folder and you should see these main folders

Aircraft

Decals

Groundobjects

Weapons

OK,the trick is not to have any "subfolders outside" these main folders listed.For example,only inside the Aircraft folder should be Aircraft,pilots and seats.Groundobjects is for Tanks,SAM's,Ships and etc.

So,if you have any sub-folders outside these folders,that's most likely where things are going ctd on you ok?Also,check out the knowledge base here.It's very helpful.And as always,Read Those Read Me's!Just like we did in CFS2/3 for 1%!

Good luck!Please don't give up.

Thanks for this. Iam going to try again in the next day or so after real life gets out the way!!! :blink:

Yup. for all of these: SF/SFG/WoV/WoE

WoE is the best choice for a WW2 style install, as it's the most flexible in mission types.

But rmember --- DO NOT PATCH YOU WW2 GAME INSTALL PAST THE 06 LEVEL, lest ye experience major difficulties with aircraft handling (ie: flight models ain't built for it)

according the ndicki, a lot will even work in the SF2 series,, with the expected aforementioned squiffiness in handling. So, yes not really reccomended. But it slowly being 'looked at'

wrench

kevin stein

Wrench

Can you tell me what the FM's do when you patch it? It might help me out so we can get WW2 FM's rolling out.

I'm using WoI fully patched for development and it's working fine except for a downwash issue I'm trying to resolve.

Wrench

Can you tell me what the FM's do when you patch it? It might help me out so we can get WW2 FM's rolling out.

I'm using WoI fully patched for development and it's working fine except for a downwash issue I'm trying to resolve.

Solved the downwash issue.

Wrench, still would like to know what issues patching to the latest causes.

sorry I haven't responeded ... been overly concerned with some SF2 issues I'm trying to resolve.

I"ll take a test flight soonest, and try to report back

wrench

kevin stein