Sign in to follow this  
scary_pigeon

Screenshots

All this, and you folks don't foresee Beta `til the end of 2004?

Impressive start...

All this, and you folks don't foresee Beta `til the end of 2004?

Yep, mainly because of some structural issues - campaign, a major and important part of the sim, is still in early planning stages, with zero coding working right now. The same for the avionics and fire control suits such as the Blue Fox and Cyrano, we're still in the proccess of (slowing) gathering the needed technical references - although on Cyrano we have practically everything in hands (as opposite to Blue Fox...)

Also, Network coding will be started today, this Monday, hopefully ;) (scary_pigeon ;) )

nice screenshot ;)

I am second to that B)

scary_pigeon:

If I may, I'd like to make a few suggestions:

1) Implement some sort of autogen for the ground scenery. Pepper the terrain with forests, vehicles, buildings, etc., based on tile type.

2) Consider designing a campaign engine similar to that of EECH (Enemy Engaged: Commanche vs. Hokum). The ability to fire up a campaign and choose random assignments in the midst of a real-time, large-scale war was extremely enjoyable.

JT is looking great, keep up the good work!

Gents,

I work on harriers in the military. If you need a avionics consultant please contact me

jon.whetstone@navy.mil

Some new here! :) Well people requested by email some high res close-up shots of the Sea Harrier and Super Etendard, so here they are (notice the windshield wiper in the Sea Harrier, I hope to make it work for those VTOL carrier landings at stormy weather):

shar-ingame1.jpg

etendards-ingame.jpg

Do you guys have any water textures in yet?  if you do, could we see some screens of those?

Yes we have water textures, although I am not happy with them yet, sea is very important and we're aiming for a ondulating sea mesh so ships will pitch up and down the waves - and indeed shaders / bump-surface effects.

What we have now is this (think of it as an option, like the water in Lomac at Low Settings or the water in IL-2 FB without the Perfect Settings enabled):

boringsea.jpg

boringsea2.jpg

darkseas.jpg

Of course it will all improve a lot over the coming months - notice that we don't have coastlines yet - that's why we avoid flying over these locations for screenshots. :)

Hey, those still look rather good.  Better than what my computer can produce in FS2004...

But if u have a powerful computer, the water fx in fs2004 will be smooth ;)

eye candy may be dandy but functionality for me ;)

in other words - so long as the graphics provide the functionality of the stuff they represent (ie clouds break LOS, missile trails let you know a missile has been fired and it's initial trajectory) the "prettyness" is of secondary concern to me - especially if they really bog your system down.