Sign in to follow this  
HMS Hajj

Need screenshots of trains for Wings of War

Hello all, new member here. I've put together a campaign/league system for Wings of War and one of my scenarios is attacking a train (not exactly historical, but should be lots of fun in the game). I've searched the net looking for any aerial photos of trains during the WWI time period and come up empty handed.

I currently do not have any WWI flight sims (waiting for RoF) and thought they might be a good source to try and get some screenshots from. Can anyone take some screenshots of a train, from as near over head as possible, and send them to me please? I plan to resize and tweak them to place each engine and car on a blank Wings of War card for use in the missions.

Thank you for any help you can provide,

Keith

PS, looking around here has made me start to re-think waiting on RoF!

Well..your wating for a sim that they have been talking about releasing since 2007,,,,hope your young....

But at 39.99...and an historical campaighn that your probably never see again in another sim, I would do more than rethink this...

Hello all, new member here. I've put together a campaign/league system for Wings of War and one of my scenarios is attacking a train (not exactly historical, but should be lots of fun in the game). I've searched the net looking for any aerial photos of trains during the WWI time period and come up empty handed.

I currently do not have any WWI flight sims (waiting for RoF) and thought they might be a good source to try and get some screenshots from. Can anyone take some screenshots of a train, from as near over head as possible, and send them to me please? I plan to resize and tweak them to place each engine and car on a blank Wings of War card for use in the missions.

Thank you for any help you can provide,

Keith

PS, looking around here has made me start to re-think waiting on RoF!

I'd recommend taking a look at the OFF P3 BHaH Preview movies and ask yourself what you are waiting for? You won't find a more historically researched and accurate campaign (from pilots, plane types, plane paint jobs, squadron locations and daily missions) than here AND the enemy AI is without a doubt the best I have seen anywhere. Throw in TrackIR support, 2 Damage Models to choose from, top quality patch support from the Devs and maximum configurability for your playstyle and skill in the workshop and I can't imagine where you'll find better, especially for under $40.

/salute

Hellshade

Guys, Wings of War is a Great War board game.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/9203

What Hajj needs is for some kind chaps to take some screenies of some happy soul train-busting in the magnificent scenery of Flanders Fields to use in campaign. I'm sure he'll come around to fly the skies Over Flanders Fields in due course.

Cheers,

shredward

here is wings of war the pc game 1gb full game enjoy or another link without the intro movie l

This is a game that came out about 4 years ago under the 'The Gathering' label. Why are you posting this here?

I have already closed and deleted the software link post you made as it eventually took me to a Clan site that offered a link to 'download' the game, which then pointed to a 'rapidshare' location. As far as I know, Wings of War is/was not free, and was sold on store shelves, so this constitutes an illegal offering of software (AKA pirateing).

Please explain this, and yourself, and why you are posting this on our dedicated OFF Forum.

Thanks,

OvS

PS.

Sorry for any confusion on my part, I'm looking for screen shots (just as shredward mentioned) for use with my Wings of War board/miniture game campaign. I am in fact looking for screenshots of a train in the nice scenery of OFF. I need the train to be undamaged (so get the screens before you have fun shooting it to crap!) and from as close as possible to directly overhead.

If someone could be so kind as to help me out with this, you would be be helping out quite a few WWI table top pilots.

As for waiting for RoF, I need to upgrade the comp first, so a delay is not a bad thing. I'll most likely end up buying OFF first anyways, the comp will run that on the low end settings now.

Thanks all!

I'll keep an eye out for one Hajj.

-Rooster

Sorry for any confusion on my part, I'm looking for screen shots (just as shredward mentioned) for use with my Wings of War board/miniture game campaign. I am in fact looking for screenshots of a train in the nice scenery of OFF. I need the train to be undamaged (so get the screens before you have fun shooting it to crap!) and from as close as possible to directly overhead.

If someone could be so kind as to help me out with this, you would be be helping out quite a few WWI table top pilots.

As for waiting for RoF, I need to upgrade the comp first, so a delay is not a bad thing. I'll most likely end up buying OFF first anyways, the comp will run that on the low end settings now.

Thanks all!

Sure no problem, sorry I'm so militant and direct, I'm just on guard, and keeping close watch of any questionable activity. :)

We'd be happy and proud to help a fellow WWI'er, even if you are using a board game.

Also, when you posted that, someone also posted a link to an illegal download for WoW, which was a commercially released game, which is a huge no-no on this board.

All the best,

OvS

Thanks guys.

OvS, yeah, I saw that post. Just wanted to make sure I was not mixed up in that mess!

Will these help Hajj?

Cheers!

Lou

Lou, I really need more straight down (over head) shots, but those do help! Thanks mate.

Lou, that is exactly the angle I need... any chance I can press my luck with you and ask for one just like that from a lower altitude?? :blush2:

Hajj, I tried it lower but all I got was smoke. You couldn't see much of the train at all, which is why I went off to the side a bit for those close-ups I posted earlier.

Cheers!

Lou

Fair enough, thanks again mate! I should have enought to work with on drawing my own now!

what if you turn effects to '1' in the config?...would that lose the smoke?