Sign in to follow this  
Tuff

Nforce Users

posted 29/12/2003 10:15 

Hi all !

Sorry for my poor english, i'm a french virtual pilot.

I've got lots of problem with warping until I configure my RAM frequency in synchronous mode with my CPU FSB.

I've a Barton 2800 XP (FSB 166) and 1Go DDR PC3200 (normal frequency=200MHz). When I configure my RAM with FSB 166 (Synchonous), I can play with my friend without warping/lag.

I Use the 3COM network Chipset.

This tips works or doesn't work with your configuration, but me and many other can play online now !

CU in the air !

I just quoted the suggested solution for you. No need to read the entire thread unless you guys want one of the saddest examples of what life on the UBI boards is like at times... btw the offending part has been banned

I had the really bad warping at first, but then after a few games it just went :D

Yea i read that thing on the UBI forums, what an asshole. It's not always that bad there though. There was another guy doing that kind of stuff aswell, they banned him an all.

I know its not that bad there all the time but it I still have a hard time keeping my blood pressure down when i see such behaviour. But most guys are trying to be helpfull and there is still much good info to be found there

Just keep posting the "good info" here so that I don't have to go there. :D

Guest MrMudd

FYI I have an Nforce V2 Board. I have played a recent beta patch with 6 players and had no noticable warp or other connectivity lag-latency issues.

This was with a combination of Nforce, Intel and Via chipset boards.