Sign in to follow this  
Hawker1

Flying Lomac In Baghdad!

A good friend in Columbus, Ohio bought the game for me and shipped it to me in Baghdad, Iraq. I got it a few days ago and put it on my 3.0GHz Sager Laptop. It runs great with 512MB of RAM. I'm going to try turning off sound card acceleration to see if I can't get a few more fps. I notice that whenever there's a huge explosion from a Mk84 bomb the fps takes a major hit. I hope this will be addressed in a patch or by someone tweaking the texture files.

All in all I'm loving this sim! I love flying around in the A-10. I went through all the training missions and just love locking up targets with Mavericks. Thanks to the development team for a top notch sim! The graphics are just beautiful.

Now I just can't wait to get home and fly this with joysticks! Flying with the keyboard isn't much fun, but it sure beats NOT SIMMING at all. :D

Guest MrMudd

You will find, Tiny Giant, Dice and myself along with Andy Bush buried away in the consultant credits.. Glad you apprecieate it for what it is.

Only a military man Can understand Admire the Awesome LOMAC world....

There is a certain "Aaron Watson" in the long list of External testers also. That be me. :D

Looks much better in print with Nic's manual.

Mucho muscularo laptop. I couldn't even dream of flying it on mine at work. What you need

is one of those little, collapsible USB joysticks to slip in your laptop bag, for just such

emergencies! :)

Hope you have access to a high-speed connection for the soon to be released patch.

It flies even better now...

I'm sure there will be any number of people that could/would burn the patch to a disc and mail it out. I forsee those grins growing!!

I'm only here for one more month. If someone would want to burn the patch that would be cool, but if not I can handle waiting until my return.

I'm going to try that ATI graphics fix to the config file after work today. Hopefully that'll fix the slow downs I'm seeing with large explosions. This sim is outstanding.

Btw, I know it'll come up eventually, but has anyone tried any sort of mod where you can fly any/all planes? I know you'd probably have to use a cockpit from one of the flyable ones, but I'm just curious.

About the collapsable USB joysticks, yeah, I'll definitely be getting one in the near future.

Edited by Hawker1

Hawker1, the patch isn't out yet. Best guess so far is 5 Jan. I'm willing to bet that it'll be out by the time you get back. Check some of the other threads about tweeking your setup. You can also troll around the Ubi LOMAC forums for more setting advice. SimHQ has a good bit of info as well. In any case, by springtime I'll bet your cheeks will be sore, and you'll have a new callus on your joystick hand. Cheers!

No doubt. :D

The game is the best flight sim to date! For Civ sims I do love FS2004, but as far as combat, LOMAC gets my vote for #1.

Just an added note, I've met several Ukranian military here! It's a real hoot to talk to them. It's like your in a Russian movie. All I can think of when I'm around them are all the movie's I've seen with Russian speaking people in them. It's too cool. I'll be sure to get some pics with them next time I see them.

To be around these jets that you are only used to seeing in flight sims is just too cool. Here's one I took the other day of an IL-76.

1622752-L.jpg

more at http://hawker.smugmug.com

I only wish we could fight against Iraq in LOMAC. I know we are here helping them but it'd be fun to go up against Saddam's regime in this beautiful game.

Edited by Hawker1

I've seen Iraqi skins for the MiG-29 posted. I'm sure there are more out there.