Sign in to follow this  
Goanna

Training Missions..??

Sorry if this has been covered in previous threads...

But what have you guys got in mind by way of training missions..??

Personally, I am a big fan of "voice-over" tutorials...I don't think enough sims utilise this sort of training interaction.

I feel that missions training sessions covering not only the wepons systems ans avionic's of each particular aircraft would be cool, but also "tips" for the most efficient deployment of each (aircraft and weapons systems), "viffing" for example...

G..

Did anyone here play Graphsims "Hornet 3"...??

I thought that the training missions from that sim were the best of all time. I was thinking that copying the format of those would be a pretty good idea...

Anyway, just a suggestion.

Did anyone here play Graphsims "Hornet 3"...??

I thought that the training missions from that sim were the best of all time. I was thinking that copying the format of those would be a pretty good idea...

Yeah I have this one B) I must dust off the old cd, I hope it still works - it's thrown in a drawer, dusty, together with many other original sims of that same era (1996-1997 ?)

How are the training missions? I don't remember very well. But, there was one in the Graphsim's Hornet series were you trained in a Hawaii airbase.

The training missions were like a "video"...almost cartoony with an excellent voice over. They were not interactive, but stepped you throught the correct deployment speeds, angles and buttons needed.

They are still by far and away the best I have ever seen. Very simple, very clean, and very very informative.

I highly recommend that you dig out your old copy and have a look.

...actually, now that I think of it, tutorial is perhaps a better word to describe them..

Oh...and the interactive training missions from Janes Apache Longbow were every bit the equal to Hornet 3, although in a more traditional interactive format with a good voice over...

Edited by Goanna

Jane's F18 had by far the best training missions I have seen to date. The mission editor also let users make training missions with the ability to insert mp3 voiceovers that could be triggered by waypoints. This was very handy as they did not include training issions for some of the more advanced standoff missiles or bombing modes.

So basically I would love to see training missions with triggered voice overs to guide you through the functions AND the ability to do this in the editor.

Thanks