Sign in to follow this  
Nick Tselepides

Repainting Styles

As I've been repainting some a/c, both for SFP1 and for the MS sims, I have often wondered aboput a matter of artistic approach:

1. Do you prefer the repaints to look weathered (though not overdone)

or do you prefer them to be unweathered, slick-looking, like the desktop airline models one sees?

2. Do you prefer fictional, non-existent color schemes or authentic ones?

I'd be grateful for any feedback...

This is a late reply, however I would say that I prefer the weathered look. Not overdone but noticable. I don't like my aircraft to look like they just came of the show room so to speak.

Weathered look for sure. Although some aircraft, like restores or airshow should have a more polished new look.

I think different paint schemes are okey, but I also think there should always be a realistic set included with the aircraft for realism/informational reasons. This is a new hobby for me, and I'd like to see/learn the real thing as much as possible ;)

well, here's my first attempt at a repaint in FS2004. It's a version of a Piper Warrior II from the University of North Dakota. While it doesn't have any weathering, they keep their planes in pretty tip top shape, so its quite ok for it to look like it does :)

http://www.geocities.com/pgraptor3

Hey PG, just downloaded and checked out the read me. I'll open it all up tomorrow when I'm a little more not drunk. Damn wife mademe drink again and take her out dancing :)

What she don't know is, I did my first night landing tonight. That's whay I'm so happy :)