Sign in to follow this  

I have downloaded the May 09 hotfix from ThirdWire. I will not be installing it for a few hours yet, this is not my home computer. I have a problem with SF2 and SFV2 F105's. The secondary compass on the 105's canopy frame does not work, main compass does work. Plus Shift+F5 view there ia a hole in the aircraft you can see right through. Another problem is 2IRs on the F100's and F8's appearing wrong. For example there maybe two right sets or two left sets used. I have WOV and the appear correct there. Has anone else noticed this? Do I have to look at uninstalling and starting again. I have not modded any of these aircaft. They are still stock. Plus I have managed to get quite a few prop aircraft working well: P51, P47, the Bearcat, la-11, no static prop showing though. Wyvren work fine as well, still no prop showing from cocpit view but I can live with that. Tigercat works well as well too. Note you must put prop disks .bmp's into aircaft skin folder like canopy .tag's.

Dont get what your on about in regards to the IRs - you mean AIM-9s? is it the firing order that you think is wrong?

Some cockpit dials wont work - its always been the way - on the essential ones will work - but understandable - this is not a study sim with 1 jet and TW have limited budget / time . To rectify it may need changing the 3D model so maybe not.

Shift F5 on what jet? - sorry i never use it - bit of a cheat really in most of the jets when you have trackir :)

The position of the cockpit or that viewpoint may need changing i guess

Dont get what your on about in regards to the IRs - you mean AIM-9s? is it the firing order that you think is wrong?

Some cockpit dials wont work - its always been the way - on the essential ones will work - but understandable - this is not a study sim with 1 jet and TW have limited budget / time . To rectify it may need changing the 3D model so maybe not.

Shift F5 on what jet? - sorry i never use it - bit of a cheat really in most of the jets when you have trackir :)

The position of the cockpit or that viewpoint may need changing i guess

Thank you for replying. Shift+F5, only with the F105, all TK models. I think looking back in Shift + F5, the canopy frame is missing? The 2IR'S or sinderwinder rails, the F100's inboard sidewider rails. Looking from the nose back along the aircraft one can see that left and right are the same eg, one rail is a little shorter than the other OK, which is correct and one should see from right to left a mirror setup from the other, not the same, for example, I cannot remember which way around they should be, say short side to the inside, not shortside inside right and shortside outside left. Same with F8. F8's sidewider rails appear just like the MF F8 rails. Looking from the front right top looks like cross and bottom an X. Right top looks like X and bottom a cross. Now I have been flying MF F8's with this setup and it does not really bug me, I can live with that. But I noticed over in WOV they appear correctly on TK's F8's and I was just asking to see if anyone else had noticed this. Was wondering if I needed to unistall everything and start again. I have a merded install.

I hadn't noticed myself - but you have to be pretty intimate with a jet to notice things like that I guess. are you able to post a screenshot? - a picture says a 1000 words etc - there are lots of nationalities on here.

The Shift F-5 view is not a realistic view - notice how it sits above the top of the cockpit glass. Certainly the F-105 doesn't have a rear canopy it just kinda ends and blends into the fuselage.

Now i get this by default - which says to me there is no problem:

img00021.jpg

If i zoom out I do get a hole in the fuselage and can see bombs - this is something you can mention to TK - personally I think that shift F5 view should be removed from the sim :)

Edited by MigBuster

If it's a plane with a rear periscope that view IS correct. :wink:

Thank you for replying. Shift+F5, only with the F105, all TK models. I think looking back in Shift + F5, the canopy frame is missing? The 2IR'S or sinderwinder rails, the F100's inboard sidewider rails. Looking from the nose back along the aircraft one can see that left and right are the same eg, one rail is a little shorter than the other OK, which is correct and one should see from right to left a mirror setup from the other, not the same, for example, I cannot remember which way around they should be, say short side to the inside, not shortside inside right and shortside outside left. Same with F8. F8's sidewider rails appear just like the MF F8 rails. Looking from the front right top looks like cross and bottom an X. Right top looks like X and bottom a cross. Now I have been flying MF F8's with this setup and it does not really bug me, I can live with that. But I noticed over in WOV they appear correctly on TK's F8's and I was just asking to see if anyone else had noticed this. Was wondering if I needed to unistall everything and start again. I have a merded install.

Will send some tomorow but looking at your shot mine does not show the cockpit bulk head, bottom center of shot. You would be able to see the runway on mine. Looks like the uninstall reinstall dance. PS I have not extracted much from the cat. files only some A-1 stuff, made mine flyable like everyone else has. Have not touched any F105 files, but previously to SF2V purchase and install, I had taken the F105 from WOV and had it flying in SF2. I followed all TK's instructions and removed all the addon files before installing SFV2. PLus I like this Shift + F5 view, much better that mirrors and LockOn has this view too. Hope in an Eagle, take off with full burners, pull into nearr verticle, watch the world get smaller fast.

Well, I can tell you that that view in an F-105 (or most century series fighters) is in fact unrealistic. So most clipping issues are artifical in nature.

FC

Well, I can tell you that that view in an F-105 (or most century series fighters) is in fact unrealistic. So most clipping issues are artifical in nature.

FC

I just use my mirrors to check six or put my #2 back there covering me :biggrin:

The 2IR'S or sinderwinder rails, the F100's inboard sidewider rails. Looking from the nose back along the aircraft one can see that left and right are the same eg, one rail is a little shorter than the other OK, which is correct and one should see from right to left a mirror setup from the other, not the same, for example, I cannot remember which way around they should be, say short side to the inside, not shortside inside right and shortside outside left. Same with F8. F8's sidewider rails appear just like the MF F8 rails. Looking from the front right top looks like cross and bottom an X. Right top looks like X and bottom a cross. Now I have been flying MF F8's with this setup and it does not really bug me, I can live with that. But I noticed over in WOV they appear correctly on TK's F8's and I was just asking to see if anyone else had noticed this. Was wondering if I needed to unistall everything and start again. I have a merded install.

F-100 and F-8 use the same Y shaped pylon. When I mean the same, both sides of the plane use exactly the same part (not mirror). So the symmetry is off. At least that's what I read from the TW forums. So the current setup is more realistic than the old one.

F-100 and F-8 use the same Y shaped pylon. When I mean the same, both sides of the plane use exactly the same part (not mirror). So the symmetry is off. At least that's what I read from the TW forums. So the current setup is more realistic than the old one.

Thank You, this was the answer I was hoping for because now I know I do not have to unistall-reinstall etc.