Sign in to follow this  
tomcat21

countermeasures and debris edits

countermeasures and debris edits

View File

REMINDER

Be sure to back up your excisting aircraftobject.ini, countermeasureobject.ini, debrisobject.ini, and shellobject.ini files in case there is a problem with these files and or you dont like them, so you can

revert back to the originals.

I did this after I noticed that after 3 seconds or so, everything in the game *drop tanks, pieces of planes, flares and whatnot* disappears. So I edited the files listed above to try to make everything

that falls from the plane, or anything type of countermeasure fall til it hits the ground. So now when you shoot down a plane, or use flares and chaff, it should all fall to the ground before disappear. Now you can watch as every piece of your enemy falls back to the earth. I tried to make it so that more pieces came off, or add more debris from lanes or ground targets. I'll try to work on it and get it tuned up a bit more so that you get mor parts raining down to the ground. and also try to make the flares rate of decent alot less than it is now so it acts more like the real thing. eitherway, have fun.

Installation

Just copy these files and paste them in your objects folder. Make sure you back up you original files these replace incase you dont like these, or if you want to reuse the originals.

Once added, test them out and see if the parts from the planes you shoot down, or the drop tanks or counter measures fall all the way to the ground. Im gonna try to work on this a bit more and try to add even more debris the next time. Anywho, have fun

Is this for older series or SF2 family? :huh:

I just tested, it worked as advertised w/ WOE 2008 patch. :good:

Is this for older series or SF2 family? :huh:

like the poster above said. its for WOE with the latest service pack. though If I had the files, i could edit them and make it work the same way, though im not familiar with SP2.

Thanks for info! Will check in Oct08 WOE then, but given these are ini files should work in SF2 series

Thanks for info! Will check in Oct08 WOE then, but given these are ini files should work in SF2 series

Cool man, let me know if they work. If they do then I can relabel them so that others will know that they work in SP2 as well.