Sign in to follow this  
ONETINSOLDIER

sad news

Sad..and to think, most of these could've have been avoided with an extra 10 mintues on the preflight or an extra day in emerg. procedures.

That 130 pilot should've been able to at least avoid the houses.

Sad..and to think, most of these could've have been avoided with an extra 10 mintues on the preflight or an extra day in emerg. procedures.

That 130 pilot should've been able to at least avoid the houses.

you've no way of knowing that.

Sorry, i was just guessing since that country doesn't have the cleanest safety record.

If the wing fell off in flight, as some eyewitnesses report, there's nothing the crew could've done.

It speaks far more to the disrepair of the fleet due to funding/maintenance than the pilots.

The wing fell off!? If i knew that, i would've just given my respects. I thought it was engine problem because it says that the passengers hear 2 large booms, but that could be anything....either way it's sad

Guest a10boar

Thoughts and prayers to all that been lost doing what they love.Godspeed to the otherside.Heavy hearted for all of them,families and friends.

We also lost the XO of NAS Fallon.

http://rgj.com/article/20090523/NEWS/90523...%2Fbreakingnews

:ph34r: CL

It hurts to think about it :salute:

Unfortunately, we also lost a former U-2 pilot / current TPS student last week too:

http://www.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123150668

Not a good week for military aviation.

FC

:salute:

If the wing fell off in flight, as some eyewitnesses report, there's nothing the crew could've done.

It speaks far more to the disrepair of the fleet due to funding/maintenance than the pilots.

you mean like this?

I just feel bad for the people who die with it.

The wings on the firebomber failed for a different reason than the one in Indonesia. Actually, we don't know that yet.....

In the case of the firebomber, the a/c was flying too fast and maneuvered too hard for the change in weight.

The wings on the firebomber failed for a different reason than the one in Indonesia. Actually, we don't know that yet.....

In the case of the firebomber, the a/c was flying too fast and maneuvered too hard for the change in weight.

oh yes,

in a forum that i usualy go, people said that was because of temperature that reduces the Aircraft cell life. :blink: