Sign in to follow this  
Tuff

Another Fps Tweak

Jeff, you might to sticky this one, pretty much everyone is saying it works.

Originally posted by JeroenLockedOn:

I always use the MIG-demo track for testing fps, since it's quit heavy for my system. I didn't notice ANY improvement at all. Zero. But that's probably due to the fact that it's raining hard in this demo and there are a lot of clouds.

I guess the tip only works when you've got a clear sight, when you can see far away. Well, I already have a goods fps in those cases, so...

P.S. Just so no one has to go to another forum... here is tip:

Open the graphics cfg file (in the Config map), scroll down to LandLodDistances, edit the LandDay values TO,

L01 = 8000

L12 = 15000

That's it.

I just tried it, I picked up some fps, but the terrian quality dropped a little, Im willing to sacrifice it for haveing 55fps in cockpit!

i'm gonna give it a shot today when I get home...

i tried and only got a small increase if any but thats just my luck. ALl otheres that i have talked to gets very nice increases

I got a 5-10 fps boost, but there are some serious jaggies at the waterline.

Where can I get a copy of LoMan? I can't get to checksix.fr website so I'm hoping it's somewhere else that I can get at it from Iraq.

I did this tweak, the ATI cfg tweak where you put the DLL in the Lomac folder, renamed the music folder to music.old, tweaked most settings to medium, full planar shadows, low water quality, and am running at 1024x768.

Before doing all of this I was getting just 8-10 fps on a P4 3.0GHz laptop. After all the tweaks (especially the DLL into the Lomac folder one) my fps is now 50-60 with dips down into the 20's! MUCH more flyable now and NO MORE stutters!! I'm very happy with this sim. It's such a blast. Thanks to everyone who found these great tweaks. :D

Edited by Hawker1

I did most of those tweaks too, My game pretty much never stutters enless there is stormy weather.