Sign in to follow this  
OvS

CombatAce and is looking for 1 good OFF pilot for an unbiased review of OFF!

Gents and Lady,

I am in a conversation with some of the other CombatAce Admins and Mods and was asked if someone from the OFF Community would 'guest' review OFF for the CombatAce website.

I think it's a great idea, and we certainly could use the exposure. Rather than me send individual PM's and beg someone to find the time for this, I decided this would be better.

Qualifications:

1. Must be UNBIASED!!! Even if you love the game, it must be as unbiased and fair as possible, pointing out the good and bad, and weighing them against one another.

2. Must be written well, descriptive and informative. Not a one paragraph 'wow, nice' or 'this game sucks, burn it.'

3. Please provide accounts, game experience, descriptions of evens, and again, unbiased, flying for either side, both, whatever.

4. Must be someone with a good background and experience with other sims. Flight Simulator series, IL2, CFS3, whatever, as long as this is NOT your first sim.

5. Must fly a few of the crates, some QC missions, Campaign of Fighter as well as 2-Seaters.... and provide pictures. :)

If you are interested, please PM me. Serious inquires only. This review will be posted on the CombatAce website for all visitors and members to read. You are not representing the OFF Community, you are representing your opinion of OFF, and what your thoughts are.

Please, only serious parties interested, and once you agree, we hope you see the project through. Those that have done reviews are welcome as well, but not using the same review as done previously, it must be a new one.

I will keep this open for the weekend, and then simply pick from the applicants who are interested. This is not a job, a competition, nor is there a prize. It's more of an availability thing and it's easier for me to ask this way. From there, you I will pass you on to the CombatAce team as to what they want, and how to get it done.

Thanks,

OvS

Great Idea...And I am going to rule myself out....As I cannot give an unbiased view of OFF! ... I just love it Tooooooooooo much!!!

Good luck with the search though OvS

Probably should have experience and thus be able to compare to other WWI sims as well: old titles (there has been a resurgence in RB3D I understand) and the more recent. Also multiplayer (something I wish I could find time to do myself).

OFF is truly great, but not the only stick and canvas game in town :wink:

Edited by B Bandy RFC

Probably should have experience and thus be able to compare to other WWI sims as well: old titles (there has been a resurgence in RB3D I understand) and the more recent. Also multiplayer (something I wish I could find time to do myself).

OFF is truly great, but not the only stick and canvas game in town :wink:

Yes, absolutely! Previous experiances with WWI sims are a must.

I think to really receive an unbiased review, one needs to seek someone who is into WW-1 airplanes historically and technically, is NOT a pilot in RL and has not flown OFF or read to much about it.

One would need to set them up with the latest full working sim, not show them to much, let them fly around for a week on their own, any help should be via this forum only. Then have them write a review. That would be about the most unbiased article you can get. I also think this would be representative of the average flight sim'er.

In MHO, no one here on the forum or flight sim forums would be without prejudice or be predetermined to OFF.

This being a commercial adventure, I would be very careful on the selection.

Just my 2-cents,

WF2

Herr OvS ... love the new avatar!

Edited by Womenfly2

You need your own "Joe the Plumber" to do it, but hopefully someone who can write.

CJ

I think to really receive an unbiased review, one needs to seek someone who is into WW-1 airplanes historically and technically, is NOT a pilot in RL and has not flown OFF or read to much about it.

One would need to set them up with the latest full working sim, not show them to much, let them fly around for a week on their own, any help should be via this forum only. Then have them write a review. That would be about the most unbiased article you can get. I also think this would be representative of the average flight sim'er.

In MHO, no one here on the forum or flight sim forums would be without prejudice or be predetermined to OFF.

This being a commercial adventure, I would be very careful on the selection.

Just my 2-cents,

WF2

Herr OvS ... love the new avatar!

Beleive it or not, I already tried this. One of the members from Avsim was supposed to do it. He was waiting for approval from Avsim to purchase the game. But as you probably already know... Avsim is gone.

We are also looking into other areas as well. But for CombatAce, I'd like it to come from an avid WWI simmer.

OvS

PS.. thanks. :biggrin:

from what i read last night, all data was recovered at avsim, (read it at sim-outhouse)

at this time, sim-outhouse is down for maintenance, so i cant post a link to that info i read there,

Edited by gwar

You need your own "Joe the Plumber" to do it, but hopefully someone who can write.

CJ

hmmm,,,guess that leaves stump out..

OT: Hhmm... whilst OvS seems to feel the urge to look more serious and cool in his avatar,

Cameljockey's attitude is rather the opposite. I don't know, really. While CJ's could be booked

under "humour", "The Black Baron of Boistrancourt" was an institution for me.

Perhaps I'm getting old - seems, I become conservative.

OT: Hhmm... whilst OvS seems to feel the urge to look more serious and cool in his avatar,

Cameljockey's attitude is rather the opposite. I don't know, really. While CJ's could be booked

CamelJockey's avatar rocks!!! If I had seen that one first, I would have put an Iron Cross on him and used it. :ok::good:

War will do that to fellas..

it should be somebody who's reviewed other games, preferably professionally. Somebody with a knowledge of aspects of game and mod making as well so all the elements can be covered.

they should buy it, make notes as they go along, then write up the review. preferably over a week so they have time to reflect and research other games and background.

Wow......

okay, okay, I'll do it.

you supply the disc, and I'll do it for free

I never flew P1 or P2. I never heard of OFF until shortly before the release of P3, when it was mentioned as OT over in the forum for my own game. I still live RB2/3D and flew the Hell outta it, including a bunch of mods for it. I flew MMO flightsims for 15 years. And some folks think I write fairly well.

hmmm,,,guess that leaves stump out..

ohh hardee har har there ducky, if i ever spelled a singel thing correclty nobody would belive it was me :minigun: