Sign in to follow this  
quack74

unable to upload screen shots in threads

I've tried to upload some screen shots for some plane I have questions for. But I get an error message saying the files are too big. They're just screen shots from the game, the same ones I've always used. Has something been change???

No matter what size I make the photos (screenshots) I get an error message. I cant post any pictures.

I need some help with this one :blink:

No matter what size I make the photos (screenshots) I get an error message. I cant post any pictures.

I need some help with this one :blink:

Quack74,

do you try to upload bmp (large) files? Or you convert them to jpg (smaller) format? Also there were some problems after the servers maintenance, preventing some attachments to be uploaded.

They are all Jpegs. The same I've always used. Directly from the ingame screenshot section. I convert them to Jpegs. But no matter what size I make the file I get an error message saying the files too big. It has to be a problem CombatAce.

:helpsmilie:

:please:

:tumbleweed:

:shout:

ok then!

:suicide:

Just kidding :wink:

This is driving me nuts. I need to post some pics for questions. I feel like a crackhead that needs his fix.

What happened to the upload section??????????????????????????????????????????

Sorry if I'm bugging the crap out of you guys with this one. But I just need to know what to do.

If you wanna do it pronto, upload 'em to one of those free image hosting sites and give us the link.

Well i dont think it's that urgent :blush:

It can wait. I just hope it gets fixed.

ok I wont post anymore with this one.

Hold on quack. I'll see if I can find you some help. :biggrin:

Any word yet?

I cant even post screenshots for skin downloads

I haven't gotten a reply on the staff forum. Have you tried the Bug Report/Suggestions forum?

Testing image upload feature.

But I get an error message saying the files are too big.

I tested the forum and it seems to be working correctly. Can you do the following for me?

Reply to this message. Just the below the box you type in you'll see the "Attachments" Window. It's where you normally upload screenshots. On the left it should say something like.

Attachment space used 4.01MB of 8.00MB

If the first number is larger or close to the second number you've reached the maximum upload limit. Currently your user group is set to a maximum of 8.0MB of upload space. There are a few things we can try at this point.

1. Manage your attachments - You can manually remove older attachments by using this link. http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?act=U...amp;CODE=attach -or- you can us the "My Controls" link at the top of the forums and find the manage attachments link in the left navigation bar toward the bottom under options.

2. Instead of using up attachment space for images and if you upload a lot of images I might suggest creating your own album in the gallery. You can use the "My Controls" link at the top of the forums then from the left navigation bar under Invision Gallery click the link for "Your Albums". -or- click here: http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...&req=albums. Once you've created a personal album you can upload unlimited images to it and then link them directly into your posts.

3. We can negotiate for more space on the HDDs for users. Suggestions welcome.

Erik

I'll try. The message I've been getting says "Attachment space used 8.06MB of 8.00MB"

Thats with 1 Jpg image from my screen shots. No different than what I've done in the past.

It seems to work for you though. I even tried from another computer. Same results.

Here's what I just got trying to upload a screen shot:

Attachment space used 8.06MB of 8MB

attach_error.png Upload failed. The file was larger than the available space

Just one jpeg screen shot

Edited by quack74

Wait! I didnt realize all my previous attachments were saved. All my space was used up. Thanks for that link! :clapping:

:groupwave::groupwave::groupwave::groupwave:

:good:

Thank You Erik!

Happy to help. :good: