Sign in to follow this  
Laton

Some more new effects

Hi guys,

Taking a short breather from modelling (back to it soon)

Been playing with some new/modded effects:

effect.jpg

Many are from CA_Stary's excellent WW2 Effects pack (used with his permission) some I've done some changes to, others are his stock versions. Also includes my revised tracers, engine damage and muzzle flash.

To use:

1. Backup your entire existing effects folder.

2. Unzip my new effects folder to your First Eagles directory.

ETA: you'll need to check your PARTICLESYSTEM.ini file in the /Flight folder and make sure that there is a line right near the top that reads:

MaxParticlesPerEmitter=2048

for these to work well

3. Go fly, shoot things down, bomb & strafe stuff

I've done the majority of these as emitters so if there is something you don't like is should be pretty easy to locate and remove - just delete the offending ini file (or change the extension incase you pick the wrong one) :blink:

This is still very much a WIP so any feedback is great.

ETA 2: These are likely to be pretty intensive and cause a some slowdowns on older PC's.

Effects.zip

Edited by Laton

Looks good Laton :ok:

Btw, are you planning some ground-related effects like bomb explosions etc? I was planning to do some bombs-related effects for FE, don't want to duplicate your fine work.

edit:

ok,I see they're included

Edited by CA_Stary

Looks good Laton :ok:

Btw, are you planning some ground-related effects like bomb explosions etc? I was planning to do some bombs-related effects for FE, don't want to duplicate your fine work.

I've done a few minor tweaks to your small bomb explosion but that's it as far as the bombs go. The rest included are yours

I've changed the gun impact and ground fire smoke-plumes as well.

Much better! I love the wood splinters falling away from planes when shot. They need to be made a wood color maybe.

And the explosion effect when the planes are hit in the right place, awsome! Even the tracers are better.

I noticed though that the ground artillery plumes are not so big anymore. Less smoke and less fire effect. I liked this better before I think. Now from altitude you only see small flashes from artillery.

But all these new effects help make dogfighting more intense :clapping: .

Once agian thanks to both of you for the effects. :good:

Works fine :ok: