Sign in to follow this  
navychief

Wings Of Gold?

Seems like I read about a campaign called "Wings of Gold" some time ago.

Is it still in development?

Also, is a Vietnam campaign/terrain being designed?

Thanks.

NC

yes navy it still is in develoipment, for right now its on hold until TK can /or if he can incorporate carrier ops, e.g. landing, catapulting, arrestor cable system, meatball ILS system. Im working on a more optimized model with more realistic texturing for the CV-41 Midway which should be named as CV41_v2.zip when i upload it. it also will have several lod models so that the carrier is more framerate friendly when closing in on it at a certain distance.(RATHER THAN JUST ONE LIKE I HAD IN THE PAST)

Secondly, more importantly I am currently finishing the A-6 Intruder Project which should be finished within a couple months maybe maybe a bit more, maybe less, redoing some aspects of the cockpit and the model itself(bought WARBIRDTECH SERIES Grumman A-6 Intruder Volume 33 by Dennis Jenkins) this is for more accurate reference on developing the A-6. also I called my Uncle who flew AWACS for the AIRFORCE who lives in texas, see if he can contact a budy who actually Flew the A-6B/C variant. GOnna send him the game and have him test the A-6 Intruder. so I am finalizng the plane to portray the A-6B variant. Once he confirms the accuracy of the flight model im working on, the cockpit accuracy, work I have completed on the cockpit/flight model/plane mesh as of 12-25-03

below is the work on the cockpit i have completed visually but may have not enabled functionality to some degree. this merely gives an perception of what to expect when released, though subject to change mandated by current constraints.

STD/ARM JETTISON SWITCH

APS-107A WARNING DISPLAY (MODIFIED THEF-4D RWR DISPLAY)

RANGE INDICATOR(TARGE RANGE MILES)

MISSILE RDY AND TGT LIGHTS

CANOPY CONTROL(ANIMATED CANOPY)

ARMAMENT PANEL

B/N CLOCK

ER-142 INDICATOR

ER-142 INDICATOR/DIMMER

MISSILE STATUS LIGHTS

RELEASE POWER CIRCUIT BREAKER PANEL(STILL WORKING ON HOW TO IT WILL FUNCTIUON EFFECTIVELY)

APS-107A/ER-142 INTERGRATED CONTROL PANEL(RADAR RCVR)

ARM MCP( ARM MISSILE CONTROL PANEL)

SHRIKE/DELAY PANEL

TARGET BEARING & RANGE COMPUTER PANEL( MODIFED GROUND RADAR FUNCTION FROM F-4D)

HORIZONTAL-VERTICAL DISPLAY PANEL

MASTER GENERATOR PANEL (START UPPROCESS OF PLANE still trying to find out how to get it to work)

AUTO PILOT PANEL

UHF COMMUNCATIONS PANEL

TCN PANEL

SIF PANEL

IFF PANEL

ICS PANEL

AIR CONDITIONING PANEL ( WHEN ACTIVATED PERSON CAN HEAR AIRCONDITIONING IN THE PLANE. NOT SURE IF I CAN MAKE THIS FUNCTION BUT WOULD BE FUN JUST TO HAVE IT, because due to the integrated digital computers, and memory (drum memory was bulky cooling was an issue for all this hardware back in the 60-70's when A-6 B/C variants and beyond started installing more elaborate computer hardware to prolong and assist in making the A-6 into a accurate and effective weapon)

*** PLEASE NOTE NOT ALL FUNCTIONS ARE INCLUDED AS I DO NOT KNOW HOW TO INCORPORATE THEIR FUNCTIONS PROPERLY.SO THE LIST IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE. LIST IS BASED FOR THE A-6B MOD 0 NATOPS (U.S. NAVY)

STILL FIGURING OUT HOW TO INCORPORATE D.IA.N.E. RADAR INTREGRATED COMPUTER DISPLAY I MADE A CUSTOM RADAR BITMAP (BASED OFF A PICTURE I READ IN THE BOOK)THAT ALLOWS ME TO MAKE A SEPERATE RADAR DISPLAY(TWO SEPERATE RADARS OR MORE) IN THE COCKPIT THAT WILL FUNCTION AS THE D.I.A.N.E MFD BUT NOT SURE IF I WILL BE ABLE TO GET IT WORK 100%

curent skins in the work for Squadrons, requests welcome....

VA-165 PUFF THE MAGIC DRAGON

VA-128

VA-304

VA-75 SUNDAY PUNCHERS

VA-42

VA-145

VA-115

VA-35

PLEASE NOTE NOT ALL WILL BE WITH RELEASE BUT ARE DEFINED POSSIBILITIES.

I WILL MOST LIKELY MAKE A TEMPLATE SKIN FOR THOSE WHO WISH TO MAKE THEIR OWN CUSTOM SQUADRONS.

So for those who are worried about the progress, I hope this information alleves some anxiety,as i will try to submit some screenshots perhaps even a video of the current build.

All i ask for is patience as I am one person this is my baby I want to release this girl when shes matured properly. thank you.

James aka Darkpresence=JW=

Holy crap man. I've been waiting for a decent A-6 for years. It was always my dream to see an A-6 sim the likes of Falcon 4.0 or Jane's F/A-18.

Dark Presence

Thank you SO much for your reply and the information you provided!

I appreciate your efforts greatly!

Navy Chief

yeah i figured this would help alleviate some confusion. BUt understand the campaign missions will not be completed until the carrier is functional. lets hope Tk follows thru. ill be updating my website in a week. so check this thread for more info.

darkpresence:

Great news to see you're doing the A-6. If it is a -B model, they probably did not have Shrikes.

Also, do not trust the Sqn Signals publication--they often have mistakes in their info texts--there are better books out. A google search on the net will reveal them.

The VA-65 Tigers could be added to the list of skins.

Cheers :huh:

if u can can someone get me pictures of the A-6 cockpit that has the close ups of the panels so i can see what they say for each button and panel. that way i can put it on the textures and apply tot he cockpit. let me know .

email me at jbrady14@nyc.rr.com if u can submit it to me.

Edited by darkpresence_JW