Sign in to follow this  
M Kessler

Throttles and Blip Switches

I am really enjoying all the aircraft that we can fly in FE, but I do have one thing I'd like to try and fix. The "blip switch" functionality in the hard flight model isn't quite realistic from what I know. Explaining it better, the blip switch works great, but there should be a limited amount of throttle control for the higher rpm range for the engine. I've been fiddling around with the INI files trying to get something that works better, but I haven't had much luck so far. Is anyone here familiar enough with the INI files and FE who can tell me if there is either a way to restore the throttle functionality above the set level for the blip switch, or is there a way to define the idle RPM for the engine? I've tried adjusting IdlePropRPM, but that seems to only effect the actual displayed RPM of the propeller graphic. The throttle range seems uneffected. I've also adjusted BlipThreshhold, and been able to adjust where in the throttle travel that the blip switch is triggered, but this still leaves the throttle unresponsive above this point. Any ideas would be great!

Thanks,

Matt K.