Sign in to follow this  
Guest MrMudd

Finally A New Monitor....

Guest MrMudd

Some of you may recall earlier last fall my daughter was enjoying herself with a garden hose outside of my den. Well my den is in the basement and the window that my corner-Countertop style desk sits is right there next to the window.

Well i'm sitting there enjoying some Alien vs Predetor 2 match against my 10 year old on the lan, and my 4 year old daughter decides she is going to water the bushes, next thing i see is niagra falls comeing through my windows.....right into my monitor.

Whoosh!@!@!@! Toast bye bye my beautiful 1 month old KDS 17" flat panel monitor.....

So for the past 4 months ive been useing this burned out 15" 4 year old monitor that has like a .50" resolution. doesnt center and trapazoids like crazy. Degauss was a constant issue.

Well now that Christmas is over and id been a frugal parent taken care of everyone else...i bit the bullet and went to "Best Buy" to see if they had LOMAC on the shelves. Nope, no can do. So i mosey on over to the hardware section. And i was in heaven, 15" 21" flatpanel LCD monitors, but they were over 600 Bucks sitting nice and quietly in the corner of this LCD paradise was a "Viewsonic A90F+ 19" .21 dot pitch Flat screen monitor. and the price was even better $229 bucks. Oh yeah baby, you bet i bought it.

I get home and put this baby on my desk and it is freaken huge! hell its wider than my keyboard my Ch Hotas stick doesnt even measure half its height.

So i get it setup, and install the drivers. Load up LOMAC..(neighbor is still letting me borrow his CD) Load up a high detail setting 1280x960 with the radeon 9800 pro.

OMFG. I was in heaven i have never seen a sim this damn detailed since i have been involved with it in the betas. I can now effectively snipe tanks with the maverick at 10nm+ away and easily decern them with the MAverick TVM display.

I tell ya what. If you like LOMAC or FS2004 it is 200 times better with this monitor. It is a definate musthave. It performs just like a Evans and Southerland enclosed simulator now. Absolutely fantastic!

the other cool feature is a button for "ultrabrite mode" for games, push it again and it goes to a text/spreadsheet/internet profile so that your not blinded. I can sit a foot and a half away and it is not bright to hurt the eyes, very comfortable...

this is kinda sounding like a review.. :D B)

christmas_monitor_040.jpg

I have a very comparable 19" as well....Envision 19" Flat Screen CRT. Love every minutes of it. I'm hoping that all my TAX money don't goto property taxes and I may have enough to jump up to the 21".

These are excellent monitors indeed. Much better for gaming then a Flat Panel LCD. IMHO.

Congrats!

<C>

Fates

Yep, I've got a 19" iiyama 454 Pro - sounds like we both have Mitsubishi tubes as I've got that 3 brightness settings too.

Now try LOMAC at 1600x1200 or higher B)

got the MAG 19" 996FS for about the same price right here in Israel :D

enjoy it, I know I enjoy mine ;)

Hehe, I've got a 21" moniter. Quotin y brother when he first say it: "That's not a moniter, that's a TV" I like it :)

It's not flatscreen though, that's the downside.

Thats teh same monitor I have..Love the button that brightens the screen for gaming.congrats on new toy.

All Im gonna say is...you guys all suck.... :(

Maybe next year. HEY! It is next year! :lol:

No flat panels in my "sim room". Still using Sony E540 (21"). But for quite some

time, strange thoughts of projectors and curved screens have been swirling in my

head. One more obstacle to overcome - my wife!

Maybe, sometime this year?

Edited by switch