Hi

First I'd like to apologize if my question has already been answered.

Here it is: I don't get the weapon loadout with the Korea mod.

The Weapon directory is in my Object directory but no weapon choice in the material window :(

So all I can do is to strafe with my 0.50, funny but not efficient...

Is it because I'm using SFP1 Gold ?

Are you using a Weapons Pak, and which one??

Have any of the aircraft data & loadout inis been 'adjusted' in any way, shape or form??

and

which TYPES of aircraft are effected (one side, both? ALL??)

which patch level is your game at?

more info please...

wrench

kevin stein

Are you using a Weapons Pak, and which one??

Have any of the aircraft data & loadout inis been 'adjusted' in any way, shape or form??

and

which TYPES of aircraft are effected (one side, both? ALL??)

which patch level is your game at?

more info please...

wrench

kevin stein

Ok:

SFP1 Gold updated with SFG_Update_Oct2008b.exe

Weapons pack : WeaponsPack_03Jul06.exe

all types of a/c seem effected

I don't have 'adjusted' (?) any a/c data or loadout

When I play with SFP1G, all ordnance are available (for example for the F4), but when I switch to Korea, nothing appears in the list for the F-86 for example :(

I think there is some setting to adjust, but where ?

Well first of all I wouldnt install the Korea mod in a Okt2008 patched install. the props are not to be good in this patch. If you do you'll need the lastest weapons editor to fix this issue.

Edited by hgbn

Well first of all I wouldnt install the Korea mod in a Okt2008 patched install. the props are not to be good in this patch. If you do you'll need the lastest weapons editor to fix this issue.

Do you mean that I've to install the Korea mod on a "clean" SFP1G (update with SP3 ??).

Your remark about the weapons editor raises issue: my weapon editor can't open any weapon data file :(

Yes, it certainly won't ... because it's the wrong one!!

look at the exe date...it'll be (something) 06. You need the post-08-patch weapons editor, available here. It has an 08 date for the exe.

and really, and I've said this a couple gazillon times ... DO NOT PATCH PAST THE 06 LEVEL IF YOU PLAN TO FLY PROP PLANES. Period.

Their FM will be 'questionable', you'll have all kinds of other issues as well; some aircraft will bounce up and down so hard on mission start, they'll explode. Some will swap ends when turing too tightly, unrecoverable inverted flat spins, where they sit on the gound (ie: rolling radius, angle on ground, etc); too many problems to mention.

It IS being worked on, but don't expect any tangible results for a VERY long time....

BTW, just in case you haven't seen it, there's a WW2 era weapons pak for 06 level games that will cover ALL the needs from 1930-1955ish, in the download section. I should know, I put it together.

Honestly, the advantages of the 08 patch do NOTHING for a WW2/Korea based install, as it's mostly designed to improve avionics for the later aircraft that use the avionics70.dll. Oh sure, the AI smarter and better, but it's DISadvantages in 250-odd aircraft for the time period are have far outweighed it.

BTW, every single bit of this weapons pak issue is covered in our ever convienent and ever ignored Knowledge Base.

wrench

kevin stein

Yes, it certainly won't ... because it's the wrong one!!

look at the exe date...it'll be (something) 06. You need the post-08-patch weapons editor, available here. It has an 08 date for the exe.

and really, and I've said this a couple gazillon times ... DO NOT PATCH PAST THE 06 LEVEL IF YOU PLAN TO FLY PROP PLANES. Period.

Their FM will be 'questionable', you'll have all kinds of other issues as well; some aircraft will bounce up and down so hard on mission start, they'll explode. Some will swap ends when turing too tightly, unrecoverable inverted flat spins, where they sit on the gound (ie: rolling radius, angle on ground, etc); too many problems to mention.

It IS being worked on, but don't expect any tangible results for a VERY long time....

BTW, just in case you haven't seen it, there's a WW2 era weapons pak for 06 level games that will cover ALL the needs from 1930-1955ish, in the download section. I should know, I put it together.

Honestly, the advantages of the 08 patch do NOTHING for a WW2/Korea based install, as it's mostly designed to improve avionics for the later aircraft that use the avionics70.dll. Oh sure, the AI smarter and better, but it's DISadvantages in 250-odd aircraft for the time period are have far outweighed it.

BTW, every single bit of this weapons pak issue is covered in our ever convienent and ever ignored Knowledge Base.

wrench

kevin stein

Ok

I've to recognize that for me the Korea war was a jet war, I didn't catch that some prop planes could buzz me :)

Just an information: I've done a clean install of SFPG then I installed Korea. I succeeded in seeing the loadout weapons :)

but the game exploded when the mission began :(

After your mail, I understand that this failure is logical.

If I ever succeeded in installing Korea war, I'll try to create some scenarios : The bridges at Toko-Ri bridges and so on :)

Ok

I've to recognize that for me the Korea war was a jet war, I didn't catch that some prop planes could buzz me :)

Just an information: I've done a clean install of SFPG then I installed Korea. I succeeded in seeing the loadout weapons :)

but the game exploded when the mission began :(

After your mail, I understand that this failure is logical.

If I ever succeeded in installing Korea war, I'll try to create some scenarios : The bridges at Toko-Ri bridges and so on :)

Once again I started from a clean install of SFP1G, I install the WW2 era weapons pack (this seems to be ok).

But when I tried to start a new mission, whoops SFP1G Korea exploded !

I'm about to think that Korea doesn't work with . SFP1G ...

any error messages??? We really need to know that... that little popup M$ window that says "such and such has encounted a probelem and needs to close. An error report has been created. Click HERE to see what the report contains"....thats reeeeaaaalllly importand

btw, if you're using the Old Korea map by FNG2K and Edward, it WAS designed/built for SFP:1 usage; long before the Wo* series came out. I've been using for a 6-7 years with no issues

wrench

kevin stein