Sign in to follow this  
Olham

I-LOVE-THIS-BIRD!

Yaaahoohoooo!!!! I felt like the bomber commander with the cowboy hat riding the nuklear bomb,

in Kubrick's "Dr. Strangelove or how I learnt to love the bomb".

And I don't know, if this had been possible (were did the aileron cables on a D III go through ?).

But I just made an emergency landing with my Albatros D III, after ramming a Sopwith Pup into

the ground (not in purpose, that). I almost broke the stick off, pushing it to the right; nose below

horizon, rudder 2/3 right, I managed to approach an open meadow, banking slightly to the right.

And survived it! Yahooohoooo!!!

Edited by Olham

Yes, thanks, Rickity! How's it going your end? What are you flying lately?

I've been kinda ill and not flown much. I did manage to fly MP today with doves and hawks. Man I wish you were there! Great fun. Makes flying and the guys on the forum that participate seem more real. I loved the voices from overseas. I felt like a proper yank flying with my brit brothers. I would like to fly the darkside too though, haha.

I will only be able to join that, when my rig is uprated to good performance, and with a firewall.

(So far, I'm in the web with my older rig, but play on the next generation.)

How do you speak with the others?

I'll surely join this, as soon as possible - promised!

Hi, O,

(were did the aileron cables on a D III go through ?).

Through the bottom wings, then up behind the interplane struts to the ailerons. All Alb D.-types had their ailerons cables routed this way, save for the D.V which had them come up in front of the cockpit and then out through the upper wing.

Okay, I haven't flown in a while and those screenies make me want to take one up.

I will only be able to join that, when my rig is uprated to good performance, and with a firewall.

(So far, I'm in the web with my older rig, but play on the next generation.)

How do you speak with the others?

I'll surely join this, as soon as possible - promised!

We use headset with microphone on Teamspeak. I just got done flying with Sittingduck and Stumpjumper. I wasn't much help in the mission but had a great time. Saw my first Zeps in the game. They looked sweet.

Should the lift difference between the two sides be much greater than that? That is, how is it the controls can compensate for such a difference in the lift between the two sides? Perhaps the wing is pretty small, but still-- in theory that plane should spin severely, shouldn't it?

Maybe, maybe not, just some thoughts that come up.

Edited by SirMike1983

Good job and she held up nicely! :good:

Lucky - Lucky man!

Whenever that happens to me, i usually end up landing on my side in a ball of flame :blush2: :blowup:

Yup - toast again!!!

Not luck, Tonyo - an aces' experience :dirol:

Not luck, Tonyo - an aces' experience :dirol:

LOVE IT!

I admit - most of the other times such damage happened, I just crashed.

And in this case, it must have been the left aileron totally stuck in a helpful position, by the damage.

Otherwise, I would have had no chance to balance her, no matter how hard I pushed the stick right.

But sometimes, there's an angel...