Sign in to follow this  
Valen

TrackIR

I started up a game this morning and decided to try TrackIR again (haven't had a lot of luck with it being stable). I was into the game for a few minutes and discovered that I had not attached the three LED unit to the side of the headset. As the performance was great I kept playing with out it. After 15-20 minutes it was still performing fine and I had yet to have to re-center it. I was running version 4 of the software. Haven't tried it with version 5 beta yet. Has anyone else experienced this?

- Sir Valen

Well that's just the thing, when I turn my head it does move, left, right, up, down.

You were in effect playing without trackir, virtual cockpit is normally a straight ahead view, if you tried moving you head left or right, it just wouldn't work.

Of course you didn't need to recenter, there was NO movement Period :wink:

PS . . checkout STICKY OFF Tips & Cheats #7, #8, #9, #10, #11

....when I turn my head it does move, left, right, up, down.

Can turn it off, then back on, and make it happen again?

Well that's just the thing, when I turn my head it does move, left, right, up, down.

Uhh.. Are you, by any chance... bald? :yes:

I shut it down and brought it back up several times yesterday. It works better without it. I can turn my head all the way to the left without the view starting to "shake".

Can turn it off, then back on, and make it happen again?

I shut it down and brought it back up several times yesterday. It works better without it. I can turn my head all the way to the left without the view starting to "shake".

And you still have checked the 'TrackClip Pro' checkbox (or Vector expansion or whatever it is called) in the TrackIR software?

dee dee dee dee (twilight zone theme....)

Yeah,,,this is throwing me too....do you have the cap reflectors AND the clip???

dee dee dee dee (twilight zone theme....)

Yeah,,,this is throwing me too....do you have the cap reflectors AND the clip???

Yes, my thoughts too. Personally I've tried my mates pro clip and then discarded it and tried his cap- I use a cap too- and i found it better than the clip.

Surely, you are using one or the other? ( You don't mind me calling you shirley, do you ) :biggrin:

I'v had a similar experience, basically you should turn off a few lights especially any glaring light that happens to be behind you AMOF turn off all the lights as the trackir is very sensitive and will not work properly unless you use it in low light. If it is still unstable in low light, send it back because it is faulty/defective.

Yeah...background lighting is an absolute NoNo!

Think your missing the point,,,,they have their track ir working without the clip attached......

I may have it figured out thou,,,,ill bet they have a cat with green emerald eyes...and its sitting somewhere behind them,,,watching the planes fly around......

Think your missing the point,,,,they have their track ir working without the clip attached......

I may have it figured out thou,,,,ill bet they have a cat with green emerald eyes...and its sitting somewhere behind them,,,watching the planes fly around......

Nope as i said I had a similar experience, when there's to much light in the background the head blocks the light and manipulates the IR camera. As if you were wearing the reflectors.

Nope as i said I had a similar experience, when there's to much light in the background the head blocks the light and manipulates the IR camera. As if you were wearing the reflectors.

hmmm,,,that would really freak me out if i was playing the game with no problems, and then looked over and saw my hat sitting on the table next to me..

Makes no difference what you saw, or what you think you saw. It works more reliably with all PARTS !

Are U sober, Uncleal? :rofl: What do you mean all PARTS? :haha: I do have a hell of a lot of trouble with your vocabulary. But, I keep trying.

Are U sober, Uncleal? :rofl: What do you mean all PARTS? :haha: I do have a hell of a lot of trouble with your vocabulary. But, I keep trying.

Ras, you're doing good. It's a special club.

My dear Uncle, I try to read everything you write. I have no criticism. Keep 'em coming.

hmmm,,,that would really freak me out if i was playing the game with no problems, and then looked over and saw my hat sitting on the table next to me..

Yesir If I hadn't known any better, I would have requested an exorcism :minigun:

I have had the same thing happen to me using trakir3 vector, i have a small lamp to see the key board and no lights on. Sometimes I forget the visor thingy and the trak ir still follows like I have the clip on, however I do wear glasses and in low light it follows just fine.

If you tweak your profile with a fair size dead zone it is possible it will work. But!!! as uncleal says it works best with all the parts!!

you know,,,i might try and put 3 reflectors on a pair of glasses now,,,and just see how well its going to work...

Im willing to bet that sticky label stuff you put on bikes mailboxes and the cat would work...

I'm using the hat clip but the clip is sitting on the desk and how did you know about my cat with the green eyes?

When I bring up the TrackIR v4 software I can see the three spots for the reflectors but nothing for the clip (as I would expect). When using both I would have to re-center every couple of minutes, more if I moved my head any extreme amount. Also, while I could turn my view all the way around to the right the screen would shake before my view got all the turned around. I did have the clip on the left side of my headset. Without the clip I get no shakes and can turn my view 180 in either direction and I seldom have to re-center even if I make extreme head movements. I haven't done anything as to ambient light conditions. What I haven't tried is running it this way using beta version 5.

Have made no changes to the software configuration.

And you still have checked the 'TrackClip Pro' checkbox (or Vector expansion or whatever it is called) in the TrackIR software?

When using both I would have to re-center every couple of minutes, more if I moved my head any extreme amount. Also, while I could turn my view all the way around to the right the screen would shake before my view got all the turned around. I did have the clip on the left side of my headset. Without the clip I get no shakes and can turn my view 180 in either direction and I seldom have to re-center even if I make extreme head movements.

Hope i'm not missing something here, but I read this that you are using both the clip and the hat?

You may mean you are using each one in turn, but if you are saying that you are using both together, then you should NOT BE DOING THAT.

Use one or the other.

Personally, I prefer the hat.

If you are using both you should try to fly the sim with two joysticks simultaneously too :biggrin:

Seriously, you should only use the clip and put away the hat. Also dim the lights. If ther eis a white wall behind you TrackIR gets distracted when the light is on.