Sign in to follow this  
firehawkordy

I Found A Purpose For YouTube

One of my pastimes, seeing what pops up on youtube's Animated Music Videos. This is my newest favorite, with apologies to Falcon.....

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

Oh man the sync of the animation with the lyrics is hilarious. Top notch.

From the first clips I saw I thought Gunslinger Girl would be an anime I would absolutely hate, but after watching it I love that series. I especially love the ending.

Oh man the sync of the animation with the lyrics is hilarious. Top notch.

From the first clips I saw I thought Gunslinger Girl would be an anime I would absolutely hate, but after watching it I love that series. I especially love the ending.

Unfortunately the second season sucks in terms of bad animation, lifeless eyes etc.

Falcon

The manga is better with more time to develop the characters. Unfortunately ADV dropped the ball big time and has only released the first six volumes. At this time there are 10 volumes released in Japan but the only way you can read them is via an internet site that has online, read unofficial, translations. The story in the manga is gearing up for a major show down and the girls are just plain wearing out.

As for the second season, I will still get it when it's released in the states. I agree somewhat with Falcon's assessment of the lack life in the eyes and some bad animation in spots but I watched most of the fan subs so it will be nice to hear the dubs. As far as I can tell the actresses that did the dubbing for the first season are returning for season two. I think an OVA is in the works too and the plan is to release both to the US at at near the same time.

The manga is better with more time to develop the characters. Unfortunately ADV dropped the ball big time and has only released the first six volumes. At this time there are 10 volumes released in Japan but the only way you can read them is via an internet site that has online, read unofficial, translations. The story in the manga is gearing up for a major show down and the girls are just plain wearing out.

As for the second season, I will still get it when it's released in the states. I agree somewhat with Falcon's assessment of the lack life in the eyes and some bad animation in spots but I watched most of the fan subs so it will be nice to hear the dubs. As far as I can tell the actresses that did the dubbing for the first season are returning for season two. I think an OVA is in the works too and the plan is to release both to the US at at near the same time.

Hey bud, do you know when they (ADV) will release the rest of the manga series and the second season of GG? I'll get the second season on dvd too cuz Henrettia is too cute :biggrin:

Falcon

ADV has not said anything about continuing the manga, that whole side of their house is pretty much dark. As for the DVD's, Funimation has the rights to both seasons now. ADV f'ed up some how last year and lost every license they had announced at the San Diego ComicCon in 2007. That was close to 100 titles with Funimation picking up a good part of them. I'll let you know when anything is released.

Well as long as the sloppy animation isn't constant I think I can deal with it.

I was able to ignore the problems with the newer Area 88 series in terms of bad animation and continuity mistakes (drop tanks off, drop tanks on)

ADV has not said anything about continuing the manga, that whole side of their house is pretty much dark. As for the DVD's, Funimation has the rights to both seasons now. ADV f'ed up some how last year and lost every license they had announced at the San Diego ComicCon in 2007. That was close to 100 titles with Funimation picking up a good part of them. I'll let you know when anything is released.

Thanks. I'm enjoying the original gunsmiths manga as well the new "burst" gunsmith manga. Unfortunately I can't find the vol 4 of the original. Amazon has it though, I might get it this weekend. Funimation is becoming a well respected anime company. At first I thought they were a kids' cartoon company. BTW I hope you had a good memorial weekend.

Falcon

This is from Dark Horse Comics.....

http://www.darkhorse.com/Books/16-363/Guns...-Burst-Volume-4

Looks like it will be out in September.

My Memorial Day weekend was quiet, as I get older thats how I like my long weekends now. As for Funimation, they are getting more titles almost every quarter. The best thing about them is that they are also in Texas and have access to the same voice talent that ADV has so if they pick up a follow up to one of ADV's properties continuity of actors is in most cases maintained.

Nice AMV, poor guy at the end though :(

Wrong place, wrong time. Watch the anime and see what I mean.

This is from Dark Horse Comics.....

http://www.darkhorse.com/Books/16-363/Guns...-Burst-Volume-4

Looks like it will be out in September.

My Memorial Day weekend was quiet, as I get older thats how I like my long weekends now. As for Funimation, they are getting more titles almost every quarter. The best thing about them is that they are also in Texas and have access to the same voice talent that ADV has so if they pick up a follow up to one of ADV's properties continuity of actors is in most cases maintained.

Thanks for the info but I was talking about the very thick re print of the original series of the Gunsmith Cats :).

Falcon