Sign in to follow this  

post-21253-1243439935_thumb.jpg

Didnt change a thing. So any ideas why its doing this ?

post-21253-1243439966_thumb.jpg

Yes you did.

You changed your clip distances I betcha...with X RAYS mod to put the A-6 cockpit in the B-52.

This is why I don't do that...the OpenCockpit mod works much better for the simple reason that it doesn't affect EVERY aircraft out there.

FC

I kinda figured that said mod was the culprit as most of my aircrafts started to do the same. If you're feeling generous could you tell me how to resolve it. Like the idiot I DID NOT backup said file. I really would appreciate your help FC. Thanks in advance. Look what it did to my poor F-35B.post-21253-1243443706_thumb.jpg :blink:

Criminal! Not backing up...how long have you been a member here? :biggrin:

Nah, just kiddin! The fix is pretty simple.

Go to your Flight folder located in your ThirdWire install and find the Flightengine.ini file.

Within that file, look for the following entry:

[NearSceneClip]

FarClipDistance=250.0

NearClipDistance=1.2

The bolded part is the line you want to change. I think the mod had reduced it to 0.2 meters, you want it closer to the stock value of 1.2 meters. Of course, this means that the A-6 cockpit inside the BUFF may no longer look correct.

FC

Thank you so very much FC. OT ever been to the Dubai airshow? Reason for asking is I will buy any booze of your choice. Price no limit.

Why not using Opencockpit for this pit modding? Is a better solution and has the same effect only for specific planes

Some are stuck with ye olde PATCH 2006 which has no OpenCockpit.

If you are stuck back in 2006 and are hardcore weird enough to try stargetic pits sometimes, but not always, you can change the clip variable before you fly. Another variable that needs consideration is LookAroundHeight found in AircraftObject file. This seems to be the pilot eye swivel arm length, and in some tight 3d models, has to be made smaller -- or your vision pops through the canopy hehe. Making it larger allows nice views of wings and intakes and droptanks and stuff outside the crew compartment, but some models the crew compartment is small and this variable needs be made smaller (say 0.02 or something).