Sign in to follow this  
Axgrinder

CALL FOR PILOTS!

I am considering running a Multiplayer game Saturday or Sunday mid afternoon. I will start the session at 2 or 3 pm EST so our friends across the pond can join in the fun. The only thing I ask if you plan on flying is to please have Teamspeak! The link to the TS download is in the MP Stickie up top. The only custom planes we will use are the Gotha and the Zeppelin, both of which are available in a Multiplayer stickie. There are a couple of versions of the Gotha floating around so we need to make sure the correct one is used by everyone. I think the correct version is also available on this site inside Stumpjumpers' Gotha mission downloads. (He will correct me if I'm wrong) With that being said if you are interested in this MP session post a response here and also indicate Saturday or Sunday as a preferred date.

AXGRINDER WANTS YOU! :minigun: SIGN UP NOW!

Edited by Axgrinder

It's ok for Me !!!

But i must download the files Gotha (That i think just have) and Zeppelin ?

See You in the sky on Saturday In Afternoon in Italy !!!

Unsure. Normally this would "ROCK" for me. But the wifey and I are getting ready for our family vacation. I have two "pork butts" and one side of salmon to smoke.

I will try. Otherwise you will see alot more of me after June 18th.

Count me in Ax! Anytime Saturday, just post a time when you want us to log on to TS, and I'll get the ISP details off you.

Had some trouble last weekend joining a game hosted by SittingDuck, but had no probs when Stump ran one. Hopefully I'll be able to join as simply as that time.

Looking forward to it.

Chocks away ,

Bala

Looks like Saturday will be the day folks! I will log onto TS at 3pm est. Hopefully we will get some more pilots! Even if you have never flown Online please give it a try! Skill level is not an issue when flying co-op missions! We all do what we can whatever our level of competency.

So, that will be 8pm UK time, Ax?

and yes, anyone who has an internet connection and the game can easy do this (or at least give it a go). I run Vista 64 and have a wireless router setup at home and I'm not very computer literate and I did it! If I can, anyone can. So come and give it a go, its Aces High!

So, that will be 8pm UK time, Ax?

and yes, anyone who has an internet connection and the game can easy do this (or at least give it a go). I run Vista 64 and have a wireless router setup at home and I'm not very computer literate and I did it! If I can, anyone can. So come and give it a go, its Aces High!

That is correct!

That is correct!

I am going to give this a try again as I fly online with FSX and TS. But just wondering, do we have to fly with an add on mission? I tried to download one of the gotha missions (maybe it was the one with the searchlight) and I couldn't get it to work. Another suggestion would be to delete some of the old posts about flying this coming Wed, or next Sunday. I just spent a couple of minutes reading about a flight for next Sunday, which in fact is a week old. Thanks

I am going to give this a try again as I fly online with FSX and TS. But just wondering, do we have to fly with an add on mission? I tried to download one of the gotha missions (maybe it was the one with the searchlight) and I couldn't get it to work. Another suggestion would be to delete some of the old posts about flying this coming Wed, or next Sunday. I just spent a couple of minutes reading about a flight for next Sunday, which in fact is a week old. Thanks

It does not matter if you have the mission loaded or not. Only the host has to have the mission. In my case the only aircraft outside of a stock OFF game needed are the Gotha and Zepp, both are available in this forum for download. As far as deleting older posts you need to take that up with the administrators of the site.

NOTE TO EVERYONE!!! MAKE SURE YOU ARE UPGRADED TO THE LATEST PATCH, 1.30c, AND HAVE THE DAMAGE MODEL AT HARDCORE!!!

Edited by Axgrinder

It does not matter if you have the mission loaded or not. Only the host has to have the mission. In my case the only aircraft outside of a stock OFF game needed are the Gotha and Zepp, both are available in this forum for download. As far as deleting older posts you need to take that up with the administrators of the site.

NOTE TO EVERYONE!!! MAKE SURE YOU ARE UPGRADED TO THE LATEST PATCH, 1.30c, AND HAVE THE DAMAGE MODEL AT HARDCORE!!!

I hope to be there as well. One suggestion, when referring to the needed downloads, it would be helpful to post the link to the download in your email, making it easier to find. I was trying to find the Gotha for my friend and forgot where it was. Thanks much.

Steve

Ras, understand what you mean about confusion with dates, but posts cant be deleted by us,,,,I will try and include the date on my posts from now on.

planes needed are here....http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=41774 BE SURE TO SCROLL TO THE LAST 2 POSTS.....

Another great night (for me in gmt land) of flying! Thanks for putting on the party guys, and a thumbs up to my fellow flyers.

sorry about the occasional talking,,,,,,will remeber to mute teamspeak next time...

if you dbl click the video, you can watch in hd and full screen from the browser

Edited by sitting_duck

Hey Duck!

Thanks for posting those. You got a great shot of the tight formation of Alpha8, Madmatt and I. Too much fun to fly with live pilots in formation on the way to battle!

I'm going to have to get Fraps! I wonder why it only recorded your voice and not all the sounds.

What a great session today.

phil,,,its a setting called stero mix....if you have ever been on teamspeak with me and gotten that incredible echo,,,then its enabled...so i have to disable it....

unfortunaly, what that does is kill the sound going to fraps......

seems like somehow there should be a way to get around this,,,but damn if i know how...

Oh yeah. I have heard that echo. So the echo is basically the repetition of everyone through your fraps recorder, I guess. Yeah, I don't know how you'd work around that. Sort of like having a built in speaker echoing everything everyone says. Which is what it does. Still, nice videos. I really enjoyed that mission. I thought everyone stayed together very well, considering there were quite a few new(ish) MP folks.

You were cracking me up with that "stay still." Did you notice where your nose was pointing? :rolleyes:

I have downloaded the required files and I read somewhere it said that the Gotha should appear as a German plane/. I can't find it. I set up a pilot for the RAF for a quick combat but did not have a choice to go up against them. Then I tried to enlist as a German pilot and choose a squadron that flies it. How do I know if my files are uploaded correctly. I am not knew to copying and moving files and folders as I do it all the time in FSX and in FS9. This is a bit strange as i look forward to joining an upcoming flight . Thanks

I can see where I am going to have difficutlyt ever getting this up and running. I have tried both ways of entering a MP situation and even though no one is hosting at the time, I should be able to get somewhere. I have tried both methods (OFF manager method) and the shortuct method thru CFs3, using the shortcut.. In each case time and time again, i get the message "mission failed to load". Funny that it doesn't work as I have downloaded and flown both of RAF Louverts missions of the Alpine run and Zeps over Paris. Can anyone make a self extracting download or whatever it is called? I've used them from other flight sim enthusiasts that download aircraft and missions from FSX. For those of us (and there are many) we are challenged. This is so frustrating, darn near ready to giave up. It shouldn't be this tough

I can see where I am going to have difficutlyt ever getting this up and running. I have tried both ways of entering a MP situation and even though no one is hosting at the time, I should be able to get somewhere. I have tried both methods (OFF manager method) and the shortuct method thru CFs3, using the shortcut.. In each case time and time again, i get the message "mission failed to load". Funny that it doesn't work as I have downloaded and flown both of RAF Louverts missions of the Alpine run and Zeps over Paris. Can anyone make a self extracting download or whatever it is called? I've used them from other flight sim enthusiasts that download aircraft and missions from FSX. For those of us (and there are many) we are challenged. This is so frustrating, darn near ready to giave up. It shouldn't be this tough

RAS - I am on TS now I would like to try and help you with your mp problems if I can.

RAS - I am on TS now I would like to try and help you with your mp problems if I can.

Off TS.

Hey Ras,

You can just look in your game folders to see if you've copied them correctly. In your .../CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields/aircraft folder, you should have both the "GOTHA" folder and the "ZeppelinL30" folder. If so, you're good to go. In your .../weapons folder, you should have two folders: "off_Zep_50" and "off_ZEP_100". In your pylons folder, you should have six files:

post-45854-1243789004_thumb.jpg

I'm not sure either of these aircraft (Gotha or Zep) will show up in QC or Campaigns. I've never tried. But if the folders and files are in those locations in your game folder, then you're ready.

Edited by griphos

ras the gotha and most other addon planes willnot show up thru qc or anyt aspect of the off manager, jsut they way that wm has it coded, to try it jsut run you a multi player session you can host one for jsut your self say a dog fight and select all my planes, you shoudl be able to then give ti a try, the goodhtings is if you dl a mission that calls for it even thru the off manger it shoudl stllwork for you there as well