Sign in to follow this  
Gepard

Civil Mod "FireFighters"

Civil Mod "FireFighters"

CIVIL MOD "FIREFIGHTERS"

=======================

I.

The CIVIL Mod "Firefighters" is made for FIRST EAGLES.

==============================================

II.

I made this mod for my son, because i believe that it is not really good if a 7 years old boy is dropping bombs or firing missiles or shooting guns. So i decided to make a civil version of TK's sims. That my son is a fan of the Feuerwehr (fire brigade in english), gave me the idea to make a mod for the flying firefighters who use agricultural planes or old military planes like the Tracker, the B-26 etc to fight against wood fires all around the world.

This mod includes a modified version of my Vogesen terrain, the Z-37 Cmelak agricultural airplane and modified files to make modern planes usable in FIRST EAGLES.

You can fly firefight missions (mostly suppress woodfires), Search missions (SAR) and you can drop parachutists.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

III. INSTALLATION

1.) You need a clean installation of First Eagles (FE)

2.) Open folder objects/aircraft and delete all subfolders (planes)

3.) Open folder objects/groundobject and delete all subfolders (Groundobjects)

4.) Unzip the Civil Mod into your civil First Eagles installation

5.) to make the O-1E Cessna and the C-130 usable you must include the files O-1E.lod, C-130A.lod, C-130A_LOD002 - 005 in the relating folders. This files are part of original SFP1,WOE,WOV game. You must extract them from SFP1,WOE or WOV objects.cat by using the SFP1E tool which you can find at CombatAce.com

Thats it

With the Civil Mod comes the file meine.ini which you find in Controls folder. This file allows you to use flaps, breaks etc in game. This are the option settings i use in my game. You can replace this file by your own controls file from an other SFP1,WOE,WOV,WOI game.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

IV.

I want to say thank you to Darreck for the Coolingtowers, RussoUK2004 for the VW, suicidal for the Lamas, Canadair for the Waterdrop effect and all the othersfor hints, files, ideas etc.

V.

CIVIL MOD "FIREFIGHTERS" IS FREEWARE. COMMERCIAL USE IS NOT ALLOWED.

If you find bugs please post them in StrikeFighters section of Combatace.com forum.

If you want to modify CIVIL MOD "Firefighters" then feel free to make it so.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

VI.

Hope you enjoy it.

Michael (Gepard)

============================================

VII.

Made in Germany

Mai 2009

============================================

VIII. TO MAKE IT ENGLISH

I wrote this mod in german language. Into english retranslated files you find in subfolder Terrain/Vogesen Zivil/ENGLISH. Please copy the files Vogesen Zivil-targets and Movement into your Vogesen Zivil folder. MISSIONSUMMARY and MISSIONTYPE in your MENU folder.

I hope that my translated files are good enough. Feel free to modify them.

Michael,

As a father of a 10 year old boy, I applaud your efforts on this mod. I hope to share it with my son upon my return later this summer.

Thanks!

Jeff

Man, I was totally looking forward to this, but didn't realize it would be for FE.

I know it's a long shot, but is there anyway to get it working in WOE or WOV?

The reason, why i made it for FE was that the terrain of FE looks better then in the other games. The tiling is 500x500 meters while WOX has 2000x2000 meters.

Lovely idea and mod. Sadly the CL215/415 prgress is being very slow at the moment.

The idea I had for a firefighting mod was for SFP/WOX, and it being slowed down because of the CL215/415 design. It is difficult to find people motivated enough for such kind of "niche" airplane (not blaming anyone, of course. It is my problem that I am not good at all in 3d modelling.)

On the other hand ghepards' excellent mod could be the starting point for a wider mod with more maps, firefighting planes and vehicles for a wide range of civilan operations. I understand SFP maps will work on SFP, but not viceversa, right?)

Anyway I guess I cans tart using ghepard'smod and the planeset included, it is a good start for a firefighting mod to eventually expand

Important note for the credits. there is a little mistake. The WATERDROP effect is NOT mine, but SPILLONE104's.

Edited by Canadair

this is pretty cool!

:good:

A nice place to put all the non-combat aircraft and fly missions where they don't get shot. Other terrains seem to work fine in this too.

a campaign to fight the annual Southern California conflagrations!

how do you drop fire retardant? I made a pass over the fire and nothing I hit would drop any fire retardant. What am I missing?

Sorry guys, it seems to be that i have forgotten to translate the weapon data into english.

For FireFighting best select "Wasserbehälter" With this you can drop 5 or 6 times water on the fire. If you select "Waterdrop" you have only one big Waterbomb.

My fault. Will it correct in an update.

Hi Gepard

Real nice idea. How about adding helicopters? They are often involved in civil protection. And kids usually love choppers.

And yes, the loadout files confused me a bit.

Franck