Sign in to follow this  
FalconC45

SF2 Weapon pack question

I think I installed the SF2 weapon pack wrong. I need to point the installer to my saved games/thirdwire/objects dir correct? Does this pack have hires weapon skins? I ask this because thats the way I know that I did the installation right. Althought SF2 weapon editor says I only have 114 weapons.

Did check the SF2 KB though. I think I missed a step.

Falcon

Cool Falcon,

You had Me going there. It's rather large. In My "Read Me" it's suggests installing to a Temp File. But You can install it directly to the Folder containing Your Mods....

331KillerBee

Cool Falcon,

You had Me going there. It's rather large. In My "Read Me" it's suggests installing to a Temp File. But You can install it directly to the Folder containing Your Mods....

331KillerBee

Well I think I FUBAr'ed it up. the AN/ALQ-119(V)17 ECM pod LOD doesn't show up on the F-4E (75) sparrow station. And the SF2 Weapon editor isn't "responding" when I clicked SAVE to make sure.

Falcon

is the weapon actually shown in the weapons editor?

also is the ALQ-119 lod file in the weapons folder with the others ?

ie: C:\Documents and Settings\<name>\My Documents\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2\Objects\Weapons

(the above will be slightly different if you have vista/win7 btw)

Edited by MigBuster

is the weapon actually shown in the weapons editor?

also is the ALQ-119 lod file in the weapons folder with the others ?

ie: C:\Documents and Settings\<name>\My Documents\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2\Objects\Weapons

(the above will be slightly different if you have vista/win7 btw)

I'll check...Well it uses the ALQ-119(V)16 lod and everything checks out. Do the weapondata.dat and ini need to be in the weapons folder? Because they aren't. Also the SF2 Weapon editor doesn't respond when I click close or save. It hangs.

Falcon

No the weapondata.ini and dat do not need to be in the weapons folder in SF2 - each weapon will have its own data.ini file now

mine doesnt hang - try uninstalling and installing it again.

No the weapondata.ini and dat do not need to be in the weapons folder in SF2 - each weapon will have its own data.ini file now

mine doesnt hang - try uninstalling and installing it again.

I give up. I tried loading an different ECM pod and it didn't show up neither. I guess I hafta uninstall SF2 and start over. And the friggin SF2 Weapon editor still hangs after uninstalling and reinstalling.

I don't know what I did wrong.

Falcon

I FIXED IT!!!!! Both v16 and v17 AQL-119 lods were differently named. They both had a - in the editor's model name field so I deleted the - and Viola the pods appeared in-game! Thank god cuz I was about to break some stuff outta frustration.

Falcon

Good Catch. I thought I fixed that. I guess I didn't. After 1200 Weapons, I'm bound to miss one or two.....

I have a question,

with the old SF series, a weaponname.ini contained references to different LODs of the weapon, distances these LODs used and shadows;

now every weapon has its own folder with the weaponname.ini that defines ObjectFullName and ObjectDataFile.

Just wondering how the game goes about displayin different LODs of the weapon, since it doesnt really know about them, or does it? When converting old weapons, should I just ignore the old lod definitions?

Thanks.