Sign in to follow this  
Olham

"White Bird" - Olham's new Lady

Here's a very basic, simple skin for my new Albatros - just a white craft with black crosses.

I like it, but I'm thinking of perhaps to add some colour thing - but I have no idea yet.

Anyone else, maybe?

Edited by Olham

I agreed, the white looks very strong color in planes. Example görings fokker d.vii looks very brilliant to my eyes.

Very nice. If i can make some advices. I would make more the wood surface shine thrue white color. Look example the Udet´s all gray dv or dva in jasta 37 skin. I did much research and adjustments to make the light colors look right.

But like i sayd your skin looks great!

Cheers

Arto

The red plane you did looking like a bird was fantastic... perhaps a real "Albatros" version in black and white with a little speckle or tan?

It would look sweet!

Cobra427so

I think I posted these on the old OFF forum, but here are shots of a couple of planes that I did for Richtofen's Skies a few years ago. They're based of the same thing I did for Red Baron before that. I wanted to make the Albatros look like it was more impromptu...you can still see the woodgrain of the fuselage and the original camoflage pattern on the wings' tops through unevenly applied brushstrokes. It's only visible from fairly close, though, at a distance it looks white. The Dr1, coming later when the pilot was more established, has a more professional look to it...complete and even coverage. Hopefully I'll have a chance to do the same for OFF.

post-47353-1243739152_thumb.jpg

post-47353-1243740194_thumb.jpgpost-47353-1243740215_thumb.jpg

I'm thinking of perhaps to add some colour thing...

Very pretty lady. Maybe light color bands under the iron crosses?

May be you could let the original colors on the wings (or maybe only on the lower wing).

Lt Hans Weiss (not really a coincidence) of jasta 11 had a Dr1 with half rear fuselage and upper wing painted white, and it looks great.

Thanks, all.

Paarma, von Baur; the structure and wood grain is still visible a bit, but not so well, where the

sunlight shines on in my pics. But I didn't want it any stronger visible, as the craft would be painted

with a primer first, to close the wood, and then with at least two layers of white laquer - so the grain

would only be like a shade underneath. At least, that's what I thought.

But it isn't finished yet - I will add some oil traces at the lids, and maybe some dirt at the underside.

...the structure and wood grain is still visible a bit, but not so well, where the

sunlight shines on in my pics

Yes, you can see it on the underside. In fact, when I looked at the full size pictures it almost looked like you had only plainted the top and sides.

But I didn't want it any stronger visible...

And that's what makes them personal paints.

Beautiful, Olham! I see you are beginning to understand why the white Pfalz are the most beautiful German scouts of WW1. The same colour suits the Albs well. :yes:

Not to forget the ivory white Halberstadt - she looks really good in white!