Sign in to follow this  
scouserlad13

Are you a skeptic, what do you believe in?

Believe in UFO'S/Aliens, Bigfoot, The Mothman, ghosts? Any thing like that? Got any experiences with paranormal and spooky things, share your experiences, i want to hear them. I dont know why, i get s*** scared whenever i see stuff like this in the films, or read about it, but i just have a valid interest in this stuff.

I have only had one experience, and i dont know if it really happened or not, but i couldn't explain it either way. I woke up one night for some strange reason and saw a bright yellow light outside my blinds in my bedroom, i opened them up and saw a huge object in the sky, the lights where sort of orby and pulsating if you get what i mean, it made very little sound and was huge. I dont really remember anything else after that, it was probably a dream, but if it was a dream i wouldn't remember it right, i mean this happened over 5 years ago.

If anyone has any stories they wouldn't mind sharing, please do.

Oh, i also believe in ghosts and stuff like that, not so sure about a Ouija board (because its sold in toys R us) but i would like to try it some time.

So ill take it that im the only mad one here then.

belive me there strange stuff out there and they no aliens and not all are bad also

Most definitely believe in ghosts. Seen, and seen evidence of some really freaky things, as have other family members. UFOs, some instances there just isn't an explanation that is any more rational or likely. But alien abductions are all horses**t, as is anything gained from hypnosis.

As for unusual creatures, I just don't know. I've seen some evidence that really points to their existance, yet for large creatures to do undiscovered and verified by science is near impossible, especially when you take into account a certain number of them need to be around to maintain a population without problems of inbreeding and risking extinction. But then, I've seen things like a hair sample found while searching for evidene of bigfoot that when the DNA was analyzed at a university, it came up as being a primate, but didn't match either humans or any known primate. Similarly, a scientist not even looking for evidence of a lake monster or anything, recorded an animal using eco-location like a dolphin or whale, but in a fresh-water lake without any access to an ocean, but has sightings of a monster like loch ness.

The bermuda triangle we already had a thread on, which seems to be a mixture of heavy traffic and statistics, and geology.

Well Ghosts definitely, we have one in our house. Luckily it's one of the peacefull so far. Never seen it, but heard it many times. But it have been silent after we got our dog. dont know why.

Im a believer too!!!! Lol

On a serious note ive seen a dead guy walking his dog outside his house 1 week after he died. Didnt know at the time that he was dead though.

Not sure about ouija boards though but ive had one strange experience. We decided to make our own and try it with a glass taken from my mates kitchen. just a plain old glass about 6 inches tall and clear glass. We had a go in an area that apparently is haunted and nothing happened. so we smashed the glass against a wall and left the oija board intact and went off to play football. A few hours later we decided to give it another try in a different area and went back to retrieve our board, and there sitting on a rock was the glass we used. COMPLETELY INTACT!!!!!! There wasn't even any glass fragments on the ground. We couldnt believe our eyes.

Needless to say we gave it a miss after that

Mike

Guest a10boar
So ill take it that im the only mad one here then.

No your not crazy at all.

You spoke of the Mothman? My brother and I was born in Pt. Pleasant W.Va. Older People there really believed or still does,that Chief Cornstalk released a curse upon them after he was defeated by their forefathers and the British soldiers. The residents put their feelings aside for a common cause and that was to defeat the murderous savage named Cornstalk! One part of the curse was giving them visions of love ones being killed in very inhumane was. They also believed that the Silver Bridge falling into the Ohio River in 1967 was a result of this curse that several of the resident admitted to seeing in these visions just before it fell. Visions would appear like they were daydreaming. Saw this first hand and it creeps me out still. Woman shouts "There's gonna be a wreck!" Two minutes later her grandpa dies across the street from where we are after striking two automobiles and then a utility pole coming off the Blue Bridge. 13 yrs old at the time, and never will forget that day.

The movie Chronicles of the Mothman is very different from how the residents really are there. Yes,there SOME characters around but,far few and in between. Besides the true Mothman resides in TNT located outside Camp Conley ,2 miles to the north of Pt. Pleasant. TNT got it's nickname for all the storage of weapons stored in underground igloos that dates back to the American Revolution up to WWII. According to residents,the Mothman was a human like being with demon wings and moth shaped eyes. Camp Conley has all kinds of weird happenings like the one rather large hotel being burnt to the ground and leaving only one single room that was of the side of TNT property. Coincidentally is also the home of the W.Va. State Mental Hospital and W.Va. State Farm. Which is built on and beside the burial grounds of Chief Cornstalk's tribe.

My 10/11th grade art teacher (Mr. Parker, rather entertaining "person". We thought he was a spy and alien. Don't ask! Long story!) painted the first ever painting of the Mothman of our dad's service station windows back in the '70's. The painting was lost when the Jailhouse was blown up (that's entirely different story!). So,you see,in my eyes,these weird happenings and sightings are what we judge them to be. I will admit that I will not say I do not believe or do believe because,who am I? Been wrong so many times and do not "feel" right about bad mouthing the Mothman or anyone who does outside the realm of reality. You will never know who is next :blink::dntknw:

Guest a10boar

The Mothman! Holy cow they got him to stand still!

It look's like Author from the cartoon The Tick!

heh my college is full of stories. We took over the basement of an old manor house on campus (now houses professor's offices) as our MUN office where we're there til all hours of the night, we've had more than a few ghost encounters. The other office building they use must be even creepier, as it was a sanitarium in the old days when mental hospitals were truly nasty. Our other campus also has an old manor that's used for dorms, which has its own stories. And not too far away is the infamous kings college/briarcliff lodge known for its hauntings, fraternities used it for initiations until it burned down.

just a word of advice be very cearfull whit oujia bords i never now what i are calling belevie i study exoterisme and ocoult issues and now storys about people gettnig lot of trouble for playng whit oujia bord and stuff like that.

also a fewe story about whitchcraft and stuff.

Edited by cocas

just a word of advice be very cearfull whit oujia bords i never now what i are calling belevie i study exoterisme and ocoult issues and now storys about people gettnig lot of trouble for playng whit oujia bord and stuff like that.

also a fewe story about whitchcraft and stuff.

Yep. You go with either Jesus or the occult stuff. Be careful out there fellas/fellattes.

UFO's ...? Maybe maybe not. I've always been a sky watcher since I was a little squish. I always pay attention to the sky. I did see a few strange things....

(1) I was out variable star observing and noticed a roughly 4th magnitude flashing "star" in southern Pisces. It quickly flashed visible about once a minute. Otherwise it was invisible. I saw it again in almost the same location (a few degrees off) exactly one year plus one day later. I eventually talked to the author of a book about anti-satellite weapons, and he told me it was a chemical powered visual test/tracking device on a geosynchronous satellite. That made sense as southern Pisces is right at the equator.

(2) I saw the most weird thing: I was out variable star observing (again) and a roughly 3rd magnitude tiny "star" was crossing the sky (~0.5 degree/sec) and had a near 1 degree long misty or nebulous tail hanging down from it -- almost like an expanding exhaust. The tail curved backwards -- think of dragging a towel along the ground...it drops straight down from your hand but curves backwards along the ground. I went to weather service and they showed me the wind charts. No wind matched direction and apparent angular speed at any altitude, so it wasn't floating in the wind. I never figured this one out but eventually read an article on satellites/boosters that were used in ion tests. The description matched. Come to think, the apparent angular speed of the star/tail across the sky matched that of a low orbiting satellite.

On the other hand, alot of pilots and radar people talked about UFOs and they are worth listening to. I hear the .gov made severe penalties if they -- military pilots and civvie airline pilots I hear -- talked to the press about their sightings. I dunno but if so then yes something is going on. Also, UFOs are a big subject over in Russia and their Cold War air defense.

If there is life somewhere, far away, extremely advanced...I feel extremly insignifagant. Then again the Universe is incredibly massive, thats extremely humbling >_<. Just a spec of dust, infinitly small compared to the stuff out there...

I think that if you think that we are the only ones in the whole universe then you are being very how can i put it, silly, there must be other advanced lifeforms out there somewhere, and maybe we will never ever come into contact with them, but if someone tells me that we are the only ones here, then i would slap em silly :P

The only thing is WHY are they here? I mean, honestly, this planet isn't that interesting...

Unless like they said on SP, Earth is one big galactic reality show and those are the camera ships.

The only thing is WHY are they here? I mean, honestly, this planet isn't that interesting...

Unless like they said on SP, Earth is one big galactic reality show and those are the camera ships.

More interesting then Mars. Why are there sasquatchs there?

:ph34r: CL

Edited by charlielima

That's actually a millions-year old statue of Mrs Butterworth.

More interesting then Mars. Why are there sasquatchs there?

OMG I saw that along time ago, If you see the full picture its taken in, its impossible to spot. Only 2 inches tall too. So unless they are 2in, its nothing :D

I see little Green Men after about 4 or 5 Cases of Beer..........

looks to me like the guy is reaching for the X-31 Space Modulator. so he can blow up the Earth you know :grin:

looks to me like the guy is reaching for the X-31 Space Modulator. so he can blow up the Earth you know :grin:

It will make an earth shattering kaboom.

Looks like a photoshop job sticking a frame from that big foot film onto mars to me. Even on mars, wind erosion doesn't quite make shapes like that, especially that small. But then again I'm not an expert on wind erosion or martian weather.

Looks like a photoshop job sticking a frame from that big foot film onto mars to me. Even on mars, wind erosion doesn't quite make shapes like that, especially that small. But then again I'm not an expert on wind erosion or martian weather.

>O http://cosmiclog.msnbc.msn.com/archive/200.../24/604838.aspx Check that out... It shows the full picture and the in 3D :D

Edited by i fight by 1

Oh The Irony!

I've been saving that pic for a thread like this.

The more I look at it, the more it looks like a weather balloon.