Poll thing  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Flight stick or Keyboard?

• Flightstick
    • Keyboard

I hate flying with the Keyboard

Guest a10boar
I hate flying with the Keyboard

Yeah,here also. Flightstick it has always been.

Yeah,here also. Flightstick it has always been.

Flightstick and still im a bad pilot so whit keyboard well...better not try...

never flown with the keyboard ever - mainly because with a joystick its a lot easier - you get much more control - and my youth was the 80s when all games were played on a Joystick!! :)

you mean you can play this game without a joystick :dntknw::wink:

I "had" a flight stick, but it died and I am in no position to buy another. It's a keyboard for me and has been for a while.

Flight stick makes things a hell of lot easier.

The only time I fly with a keyboard is during aircraft or weapons testing that doesn't involve handling.

FC

well, I've been using $3 garage sale special joysticks for my whole life, my current one is a Logitech Attack 2 Wingman. I had a nice Attack 3, but eventualy it would only let me bank right. When my current stick dies, I'll go out and find another cheap one. Hooray!

I can't vote, though, because I use my keyboard as my throttle quadrant/rudders. Kinda like a HOSAT setup, with my left hand on the keyboard using the arrows for throttle and rudder (and "0" is my airbrake) and my right hand on the joystick with all the weapons commands. Works pretty well.

My sticks broken :sad:

EDIT:- I meant to include flight.

Edited by Atreides

I think i might go out and buy a cheap one :/

cheap joystick is better then no joystick.

@ Atreides: I'm not even gonna say it. Here's an example of Rambler keeping the CA forum clean and on-topic. :biggrin:

It's all flightstick here, I use the Logitech Extreme3D Pro. It has throttle and twist handle rudder and like 12 buttons and a hat switch. I think it was like $25 USD brand new at wally world, would strongly advise it.

Was just wondering. I use the Keyboard :(

I'm playing with the keyboard as well. Since my Logitech 3D extreme Pro died within 4 months I paid about 50 bucks for that thrash..

I'll buy a good saitek X52 joystick when I found one at a good price.

There was Cyborg evo which was good but I passed on it because my front usb port wasn't working then and it was a wireless stick which needed the front usb port.

There is Saitek Aviator but at a jacked up price of US$130 which they told me because it was bundled with HAWX. You do the math.

My preferred joystick is Saitek X52 at about 100 bucks but I haven't found this stick anywhere here. The only stick sold are Logitech which I swore never to buy.

Edited by Miracles

Joystick. I have an old Logitech Wingman Extreme Digital 3D I still use. It's getting long in the tooth, however, as the potentiometer that measures the rudder twist is wonky, even after I've cleaned it. I have rudders mapped to the left/right arrow keys for now.

Joystick or bust for me....

Joystick. In a game that is a flight simulation why would you use a keyboard? Unless youre flyin an Airbus

cheap joystick is better then no joystick.

@ Atreides: I'm not even gonna say it. Here's an example of Rambler keeping the CA forum clean and on-topic. :biggrin:

Bloody hell thats why spped typing will get you into hot water if I meant something else I would've have used the cirrect anatomical wording.

Last time I flew regularly without a stick was Gunship and F-19 on my 8088 20 years ago!

When we got the 386 it had a gameport and I bought a CH stick at once!! Then came TM's FCS, Pro FCS, FLCS and TQS, and now Cougar, and I've never stopped using them.

I'm now using Saitek Evo.

I use a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro too. I buy at Best Buy and its about the only thing I buy the extended store warranty for. 2 yr. full replacement for @ $5...IIRC. Button stops working, take it back and get a new one. :yes: