Hey Guys, After 4 1/2 years as a member of this community, I am going to say so long. As Ant (Sundowner) and the Gunny (331KillerBee) already know, my computer crashed to the ground and burned. Everything I had was on my 1 TB harddrive. Everything. And now....gone.... So, I have sent the HD to Ohio to hopefully have some of the information recovered, but I don't know what the end result will be. (BTW, cost is going to be between $800 and $1200 depending on what has to be done.) I don't consider myself to be one of the BIG boys like C5, Dave Slavens (USAFMTL), or any of the rest of you who post 10 times a day and have made more of a contribution to this SIM than I did. I tried to keep to the rear and say something only when there was something to say. I hope for some of you I left something worth while. I will say thank you to everyone I have become friends with and especially those who showed me how to make the things I did a little better each time. Well, enough babbling, take care Guys, see you somewhere in the future over enemy skies. I'll be listening for the MAY-DAY call or the emergency beeper that is activated when a parachute opens. Thanks for the ride...Good luck to you all....Pete (Pappy)

img00046x.jpg

Edited by pappychksix

Dude, just cos yer machine took a nosedive on ya dont meen you gotta leave, hell, I dont even know you and this has got me all bummed out. :cray:

Pappy, this is very sad news indeed! You have graced us all with some obviously lovingly crafted skins which have been beautiful to behold. Thanks so much for all your generously provided enhancements to the Thirdwire series, and I wish you all the best for the future.

Pete, you'll be back! You know you'll miss us too much. :wink:

In the meantime, we'll be here, waiting for ya, brother.

Get that rig back together, and we'll be seeing you soon!

"They do call to me, and bid me take my place among them"

wrench

kevin stein

:cray: oh damn, without you jurrasic modders to get inspiration idk how we will be :(

sad news

PAPPY NO!!!!

Man/Manette pappy why didn't you back up? I know we are no longer a nation of savers, but still.

I love the work you did. AwSim!

Pappy, thanks for all of the great work you contributed to the community. I know this is a huge set back and a major kick in the nuts to many years of hard work, take some time and get a well deserved break. I'm sure we will be seeing you around here in the not to distant future.

Pete,

I know what it means,but never,never leave your wingmans!

I and most people here have downloaded and enjoyed your works,all of us must zip all and send back to you,actually I'm working on F-102 and B-52G/H skins based upon your skins and slightly modified,so I can send you the updated files!

We are with you!

Thanks for all your contributions pappy. :clapping:

I'm hoping, and positive that most your data will be saved, in the hands of recovery professionals.

So you might be back after a vacation :good:

Pete

You'll be back. But if not, thank you being there, thanks for being a friend and you were and always will be on of the big dogs.

Stay safe Pappy and good wind untill we meets again :bye:

Bummer. There is no shortage of your work in my hanger or on my ramp.

Nice screeny. See you down the road.

:ph34r: CL

Blimey Pete.....terrible news, I thought you might be able to sort it, if there's anything you need let me know.

Same Here Pete. Anything I've got You are welcomed to. If it helps to keep You involved......