Sign in to follow this  
chumleigh

simple questions I think

Hello all. I just loaded OFF for the first time a few days ago and I'm happy to say (although I do feel a bit guilty) that it seems to be running fine...and it is truly spectacular IMHO - from the fabulous models and skins, to the amazing ground and weather detail, to the wonderful sound of the MGs with their delicious rattle! I've barely scratched the surface in 3 days, of course, and if I never had another chance to run OFF again I'd have to say I'd already have gotten my money's worth.

So, I've been getting my feet wet in the QC missions and the only error message I see consistently is a CFS3 one regarding 'populating the airfield'. I assume it is either because I'm selecting AC's that are inappropriate for the date selected and or it's because I am starting at 2500 feet. If neither assumption is correct please let me know.

I've been unable to resolve a few other items and would be very grateful for a little helping hand:

1. I love the snow and rain graphics and have been trying to set my QC missions to include them, however despite setting the season overide to winter and the season type overide to full snow I'm lucky to see precipitation in one out of five QC's. I think I've done everything I can with respect to the workshop settings as well. So is there a trick?

2. Is there an outside view for the player-flown AC? I'd like to record dogfights and replay them from the outside view perspective.

3. Sometimes when I enter 3D the screen is red and my AC is already in a death spiral. Why? What can I do to avoid that predicament? Is there a means for circumventing the task of recruiting a new pilot every time this happens or generally speaking, for that matter? Is there an 'unlimited pilots' setting to enable somewhere in the GUI?

Welcome chumleigh

Never heard of that populating error before, sounds like something is broken - try a reinstall (see FAQ Q21 I think it is for how to remove properly).

1. Enlist a pilot in winter...

2. F4 toggles some of the outside views. See the stickies at the top of the main forum for key command chart.

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showforum=204

3. Sounds like you hit something do you have wingmen?

Welcome chumleigh

Never heard of that populating error before, sounds like something is broken - try a reinstall (see FAQ Q21 I think it is for how to remove properly).

1. Enlist a pilot in winter...

2. F4 toggles some of the outside views. See the stickies at the top of the main forum for key command chart.

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showforum=204

3. Sounds like you hit something do you have wingmen?

Thanks Polovski. Reinstalling OFF fixed the error.

1. I tried that already. It didn't seem to make any difference.

try it like this...

overflandersfields shortcut>workshop>cfs3qc option at bottom>at next window leave everything as is and just hit "go to field" bottome right. You will get a quick combat medal, click on it, and you get this screen

post-45808-1243883567_thumb.jpg

click on location, and change the season to winter, and scroll to the weather you want....naturally you also select your plane,,,opponents plane etc etc....

I started this at 10k feet, and had to drop to 7k before i got to the snow (ie i was above it....)

post-45808-1243883526_thumb.jpg

Edited by sitting_duck

try it like this...

overflandersfields shortcut>workshop>cfs3qc option at bottom>at next window leave everything as is and just hit "go to field" bottome right. You will get a quick combat medal, click on it, and you get this screen

post-45808-1243883567_thumb.jpg

Thanks for your reply sitting duck. I'm a bit confused by the procedure. The page that you show (the 'initialising...' one) does not contain any drop down menu. Perhaps I have an installation problem. The last opportunity I have to make changes is the one on which I would click 'go to field'.

In answer to question #3, Stop playing QC thatta way, instead try OFF > Workshop > CFS3QC > Go to field. . . then start from the runway

Thanks uncleal. I'll give that as well as the float view a shot. I think you may have also clarified what I was missing with regard to sitting duck's helpful advice.

try it like this...

Got it, sitting duck! Thank You.