Sign in to follow this  
Dave

Air France Flight Missing

Just heard in the new that an Air France flight with over 200 on board has gone missing.

Flight from Rio to Paris. 228 on board.

Last message reported electrical short-circuit after strong turbulence

French Minister "We must now envisage most tragic scenario"

As on EuroNews.

EDIT: Brazilian forces in SAR role. The jet disappeared after 3hours and a half of flight,

ETA to Charles De Gaulle Airport: 11:15AM European standard (14:04PM as i edit)

Lightning Strike feared

Edited by macelena

I think the thing that disturbs me most is they don't even know for sure the plane went down, they deduce it! Can you imagine being on a plane that goes down and hoping for them to send rescue and they don't even know you crashed?

The A330 was scheduled to arrive at 11:10 AM at CDG.

But the contact was lost at 08:00 AM and doing a quick calculation it would be near the Canary Islands instead off the cosat of Brazil.

The A330 was scheduled to arrive at 11:10 AM at CDG.

But the contact was lost at 08:00 AM and doing a quick calculation it would be near the Canary Islands instead off the cosat of Brazil.

In the islands we have deployed a lot of SAR aircraft due to illegal inmigration, if they are there, they will be found.

Edited by macelena

3 frigates are searchig with a P-95 and a C-130....we could be searching right now if those p-3 weren't under modernization yet :nono:

here on TV, a Air Force officer said that the Aircraft could got hited Thunder, but damn, lest time i learned one thing called "Eletrostatical Armour",but, is it really possible?

Brazilian Air Force said they have lost the contac with Brazil 22:30(the automatic message of eletrical problem came 22:14, both GMT-3), 665km Away from Fortaleza, Capital of State of Ceará, an northwestern state.

it passed over Fernando de Noronha Island at 23:20 ,cruising speed.

Both, Brazilian Air Force Official Informations.

and one more thing...a women that have a daughter on the plane, said she recived a call from her when they were about to crash, i guess.

but the official content of phone call wasn't unveiled.

from elpais.com

1243861826.jpg

red waypoint show the warning.

from terra.com

1217915-1893-in.gif

the circle, probably crash zone.

Edited by Silverbolt

If I was bobbing around in a deep water survival event, I would be most positive in my chances of getting feet dry knowing that Brazil or Spain was in the SAR show. Is thier any airborne ASW ongoing in that area. My perception is that a long range ASW bird would be first on scene in any blue water mishap. I could be biased by the good old cold war days where it seemed like thier was a P-3, Bear, Nimrod, Argus or what 2 hours from everywhere. I'm quite a cynic and skeptic. I believe for every good day you have you will have to pay it back with a bad day maybe 2. I'm afraid this will not have a happy ending. I think we used up our succesfull epic airliner ditching card on Sully's ditching.

:ph34r: CL

that is a pretty large area to search. It could take quite awhile to cover it thoroughly.

time for some serious prayers.

more news... 7 FAB planes joined in SAR, but FAB said thr i no SOS over atlantic....

sad...

Edited by Silverbolt

If I was bobbing around in a deep water survival event, I would be most positive in my chances of getting feet dry knowing that Brazil or Spain was in the SAR show. Is thier any airborne ASW ongoing in that area. My perception is that a long range ASW bird would be first on scene in any blue water mishap. I could be biased by the good old cold war days where it seemed like thier was a P-3, Bear, Nimrod, Argus or what 2 hours from everywhere. I'm quite a cynic and skeptic. I believe for every good day you have you will have to pay it back with a bad day maybe 2. I'm afraid this will not have a happy ending. I think we used up our succesfull epic airliner ditching card on Sully's ditching.

Current FAB ASW

P-95 Bandeirulha

p95_bandeirulha.jpg

and the searching plane

Embraer R-99B

0,,18048011-FMM,00.jpg

More Media trick to get spot??

Passengers messages sent by mobile phone to relatives, says newspaper

Official News says SMS was sent as' I'm afraid. "

Brigadier Mauro Gandra out the possibility because of the altitude.

Passengers of flight AF 447, who disappeared in this Monday (1st), had sent messages by cellphone to family members, we realized that the aircraft of Air France was bad. According to the Portuguese newspaper Jornal de Notícias, messages like "I love you" and "I'm scared" when the aircraft were sent overflown the island of Sal in Cape Verde.

The Brigadier Mauro Gandra, former Minister of Aviation during the Fernando Henrique Cardoso's government and former director general of the Department of Civil Aviation (DAC), said the G1 would be very difficult to convey messages by phone. "The plane was out of reach of the transmission towers," stresses. "The only information we have is that only an automated system that sends information to the aircraft would have given warnings of depressurization," he says.

Source

the report also says that Brazil is Searching in Near America Waters, and Frenches in African Coast.

Edited by Silverbolt

Just to bump it. Our SAR squadron in the Canary Islands departed southwards, plus a CN-235 MPA from the Civil Guard

wich was stationed in Dakar, asked by France. So far nothing found, but it´s a matter of time that they find some kind

of debris given the amount of aircraft operating in the area

Just to bump it. Our SAR squadron in the Canary Islands departed southwards, plus a CN-235 MPA from the Civil Guard

wich was stationed in Dakar, asked by France. So far nothing found, but it´s a matter of time that they find some kind

of debris given the amount of aircraft operating in the area

Sadly.

but due to the flight time i bet they crashed somewhere over Fernando de Noronha Island...

we have found nothing too...and i hope they found something....we still optimist that they did an water landing but i'm not sure anymore...

Edit: A Brazilian Airliner(TAM Airlines) pilot said he saw some orange points , 30 minutes after Airbus reported the eletrical failure.

Unoficially: "73 Frenchs,58 Brazilians 18 Germans, 9 Italians, 6 Americans, 4 Hungarians, 5 Chinese, 2 Spanishes, 2 British, 2 Morrocan, 2 Irish, 1 Angolean, 1 Belgian, 1 turk, 1Nowergian, 1 Russian, 1 slovak, 1 Austich, 1 argentinean, 1 Polish, 1 Romanian , 1 Swedish, 1 islander e 1 Philippine ."

0,,20948543,00.jpg

Edited by Silverbolt

Any word if an ELT transmitted?

Negative

:/

Hmm?

Aren't they detactable by satelite?

The more info I get the more is missing.

This is sounding more like a paranormal topic for a show on radio I listen to at 2200.

Edited by charlielima

Hmm?

Aren't they detactable by satelite?

The more info I get the more is missing.

yeah, but we got nothing, no SOS, no Mayday it seems they were caught surprise...

Damn man it doesnt look so good right now I pray to god that if they did crash that the survivors are found this crap shouldnt be happening to anybody I pray for those families who had loved ones on that flight

This is a very strange and sad event. I pray for survivors but chances seem slim. I also find it very strange that no debris has been located, you would figure something would be floating out there, if nothing else a fuel slick. Very odd.

Very sad. Chances seem lost.

I told my father yesterday the strangest thing would be no physical evidences of crash. But it happens sometimes I think.

what altitude were they flying? I guess they could have time for a distress signal.

I cant believe we havent offered our Nimrods to assist? Being one of the fastest Maritime Recon aircraft it would surely help in covering the ground?

Very sad. Chances seem lost.

I told my father yesterday the strangest thing would be no physical evidences of crash. But it happens sometimes I think.

what altitude were they flying? I guess they could have time for a distress signal.

afaik, 35.000ft, the clouds were over they....

'Good' news...

1- USN Joined with Us in the Hunt, the frenchs bring one Atlantic and one Dassault Falcon 50, now, Brazil ,France, USA and Spain are searching

2-An Brazilian Airplane folowing the Clue of civil Pilot....today, 3am (GMT-3) the R-99B got radar return of metallical an non-metallical 'debris' in that area, aprox 700Km NE from Fernando de Noronha Island than an C-130 scramble to get there in sunrise and they found what seems to be an fuel stain....later they found some white debris, one orange float,.one galon and one seat....those are not confirmed yet to be from AF-447, but there is some hope, and for the fact an Orange float were found....at least i hope something big to be found...

They found a fuel slick and a some plane parts. I knew they would, just a matter of time in a search area as large as it is. If the plane is in deep water then the ELT wouldn't be able to get the signal out.

They found a fuel slick and a some plane parts. I knew they would, just a matter of time in a search area as large as it is. If the plane is in deep water then the ELT wouldn't be able to get the signal out.

yup, and that area is 5~6 km deep

now, were found debris in 2 points of ocean

0,,20952817-EX,00.jpg

Edited by Silverbolt

might be able to use a deep submersible to hunt for the black boxes. They put out a signal which can be detected for some distance underwater.

The last time I hunted for a missing airliner the operation went on for quite awhile looking for those boxes and trying to home in on the signals. They will last for weeks.