Sign in to follow this  
Leondus

Peter01’s FM pack?

I just downloaded CAMBRAI PLANE FEST II and the readme file states, " Get Peter01’s FM pack for all the planes he has done" but I can't find it :(

Can someone help?

Thanks

The latest versions are available as downloadable attachments in several threads on page 1 and 2 of this forum. Look for topics started by Peter01 pertaining to FM udates and similar titles. Some of the latter posts update and overwrite some of the FMs from the original post on page 2 so I would start with that post which is titled Update to FMs for the initial link. Be sure and read all the excellent information and advice provided by Peter in the readmes and such.

btw...I'm not sure what planes are included in the Planefest so if you have more trouble locating something just post back here and I'm sure someone will help out.

As Tailspin says, and be sure to first get the FMs from the download section (under WW1 Flight Models). This file contains gamefiles like gundata needed for all guns to work, weaponsdata file for bombs to work, and loadout files for individual planes, stuff for Le Prieur rockets etc etc.

Then add the updates on the forum.

Sorry about all that ... its extremely messy at the moment, I'm just going through redoing things, and should be sorted out in a week to a few weeks.

One thing I haven't mentioned in the past but have now tried it out - the gundata files do a number of things but most obviously they reduce the effectiveness of guns for the player, ie, harder to shoot planes down. If that is not what you like you can change this by setting "Weapons" on "Normal" in the gameplay section - but the Flight Model should be set to hard for my FMs.

Ohh sorry been busy in RL lately .....

I did that campaign along time back and I can't say how matched up the plane sets may be at this point. Peter has had to redesign for each patch and that has made older campaigns act funny at times. If thngs dont seem very fair it may be an indicator of the how the FMs were matched up at that point in time, not how they might be today.

I would suggest making a folder up called peters_FM , then I have folders under that are named by dates of release. That way I can keep up with what I have upgraded in my game set.

If I remember that release it had about 50 planes in there. I did kind of lead you astray talking about peter01's FM set. I should have said sets. Each time he releases he is very good about a read me with exactly which planes will be included and I just keep a running set of his FMs going all the time. Its updated as often as he releases them. It makes the campaigns a little different each release but the trade off is more than worth it for his FMs.

I have a new Fest in the works but there has been one sticking point thats bugging me to death and im close to resolving it now. Maybe in a bit I will have a new campaign released for the flanders terrain set. Biggest problem is not letting one side get too much of an edge plane wise. It may have been how it was in RL but ...I want it to be fun playing any of the three sides in the War. I keep on seeing a different way the game fights between campaigns and single missions. Not only that game sets each one up differently between the two. SO testing is a bit of a hassle.... I cant beging to think of how many test runs Peter must do .... <shiver>

If you have some questions levme them here and I will try and drop by and take a look.

Hope this helped. :good: