Sign in to follow this  

Hi

can anybody give me a picture how FOV will looks like when i will use widescreen or better matrox triplehead.

there are a few simulations out there like IL2 wich they have a to close cockpit-view. and no change to change that. so i hope in OverFlandersField i can have a wider cockpit-view(FOV).

Uwe

Edited by fasteddi

That's not what he's asking uncleal unfortunately. fasteddi basically in wide screen mode on 1 monitor you do get "more added" better field of view. It does not stretch a normal picture, instead you do actually see more of your wings, without more distortion. I believe triplehead is same, but someone with it will need to comment.

Have you ever heard of Trackir, assuming you don't already own a Matrox Triple Header, and three monitors, because then it's no longer a possibilty

PS . . . You can still do it, but you'll feel like an idiot, after blowing all money on the 3 monitors, and the Triple Header

I am flying several sims with triplehead and yes in the 3rd year with trackir also.

the combination of both is what i like!!!!

if you ever check out how great situational awareness could be with your cockpit and the wings in the middle, and the area around you in the outer monitors, you will never go back!!!

this is an idiot feeling as its best :clapping:

i have orderd OFF now and will see myself how it will looks like. i let you know when it is arrived.

uwe

Edited by fasteddi

I went out today to look at monitors because I now have my TrackIR5 and I was thinking of getting the TripleHead2go as well. I think this combo would be perfect.

I was wondering from someone who has this setup about what type of monitor to get.....standard or widescreen? At Best Buy today I saw they only have the widescreen in stock but I can order normal if I want. Would three widescreens side by side be too much in the horizontal?

Please chime in if you have seen this.

Thanks.

I was wondering from someone who has this setup about what type of monitor to get.....standard or widescreen? At Best Buy today I saw they only have the widescreen in stock but I can order normal if I want. Would three widescreens side by side be too much in the horizontal?Thanks.

To expand on this thought a little

I have a WS Monitor that can rotate 90 Deg to Portrait View

I've often thought that 3 Portrait Monitors would be great for TH2G

Has anyone tried this?

Have you entertained the idea of buying one huge monitor, to use with the Trackir. As opposed to the triple header, and 3 monitors

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/Se...&CatId=3774

Well the three monitors would still be biggger and more panoramic and also that 30 inch has a 6 ms response time and I want 2 ms.

Thanks for the suggestion anyway.