Sign in to follow this  
Emp_Palpatine

Kidney stones, anyone?

Hi guys.

Here am I, after a tremendous week end...

Let me explain: in the saturday to sunday night, I all of sudden began to experiment the most horrible, awfull and powerfull pain in the lower belly I've ever feel.

In a dozen of minutes, I'm just unable to clearly think, let alone take care of myself.

Thank God, I was with my sweetheart and she took care of everythings, calling ambulances and whatever. I was taken to the nearest Hospital in E.R, where a look-alike of WWE Big Show did stuffs to me with some needles (perfusion is the french name) that got me quite high but killed the pain. (I am not used to medicines as I prefer let my body do its job alone, unless it's unavoidable, so I guess the medicines effects were quite stronger with me)

Therefore discovered I that this most horrible pain was the result of kidney stones... I will take further exams in the following days, but I would like to know if some of you did experiment these, how they get rid of it or whatever.

Thanks!

Edited by Emp_Palpatine

Ouch!

Don't have experience with it, but as far as I know they use ultrasonic to crush them to smaller pieces, so they can be - well, get rid of in the "natural way" (The "get rid of" part might be slightly unpleasant - you can imagine the natural way they will take... :mellow: ).

Good luck! :good:

Had a few times about ten years ago, only thing more painful is gallstones. The last time I had them there was more blood than urine in the sample I gave the docs. My problem wasn't a couple of big stones but more like a pinch of sand making it's way through the kidney's.

Drink cranberry juice and lots of water. This'll help flush out your system. As for pain, I admit it, I'm a baby. Give lots of heavy duty drugs for the duration.

Had them 3 times. Managed to pass them on all occasions, but oh man. Supposedly the closest thing a man

will know to childbirth :)

I ended up in the hospital on saline and Demerol IV's which definitely made the world a much better place

and took the pain away.

Also, lots of water and cranberry juice to help clear things up, and probably as much water on a daily

basis as you can handle to help keep them away.

Steve

Passed two pinkie finger nail sized stones. I don't know which was worse - the morphine induced itchiness or the pain. A female friend who had passed a stone told me it was worse than childbirth...if that puts it in perspective.

Had one when I was 28. Was relatively small but when it hurt it was the kind of pain that is debilitating--completely paralyzing.

Had one when I was 17, no thanks you can keep it.

Had gall stones a few years back. I imagine the pain is nearly identical aside from location, worse, when they took my gall bladder out, apparently some of the stones came loose and went through my system and ended up in my appendix. That pain was even worse, and at the time I was on heavy duty pain killers, without them I would have passed out for sure.

Oh, men, you are reassuring me!

Especially Dave and C5: Since that night, everybody I heard off that had such stones was past fifty! I was wondering how come I got a pathology definitely not for my age.

Tomorrow, I pass some med scan in order to know where is the stone(s?), and whatever I have to do to get rid of it...

Thanks for your stories men, they are indeed very similar to mine.

dude,believe you me I KNOW....i had a 1 week bout with the 'stones(my obsession with pepsi,no less.....24pack gone in 2 days....dark cola is bad for hereditary stone development).pain hit me in back,around kidneys first,and then moved into my groin(OUCH!).felt like the best soccer team in the world was kickin' me over and over in the groin!went to the e/r on 1st and 2nd 'bout and my crying out in pain made the nurse takin'my vitals cry also(God bless her!)morphine and fenegrin didn't help.the nurse asked to describe my pain on a scale from 1 to 10(i LIED,stating it was only 5)she then said"Tears don't come from the 5 scale...."so,she said i know what will help.she brought in a needle the size of Texas(which frightened the hell out of me!)...and thankfully put into i.v.she said"this should help the pain".my first experience of Deltoted.WHOA!my skin went hot,then......absolutely NO PAIN!i couldn't feel my eyelids!....so,after a dye solution i had to drink(higher than i kite)and an MRI,they discovered 5 stones in my right kidney and 1 in my bladder.Doc said 1 of the stones in my kidney was about 5.2mm(about a 1/4 inch...YIKES!)Caffine stones was the diagnosis,and,i should stay off the cola which i have for 5yrs now.Now,this is what i have done since:I drink 2 to 3 beers an evening(doc says will help in flushin' kidney's)also,apparently,the hops in beer somehow help to dissolve existing stones(no proven medical fact),and that the frequent urination helps to flush the system.so far(knock on wood)i have had no re-occurrence of this EXTREMELY PAINFULL experience.i hope no-one else will EVER have to go through what we here have discussed!

ps:2 emergency visits=$3,400 dollars! VULCHERS!....there goes my credit score!shot down like a winchestered a/c with a whole lotta fully loaded,angry birds on his/her six!

I know how you must have felt.

My kid brother, who is 24 years old, had kidney stone problem last year. He is an engineer with the Merchant Navy. He had this problem while his ship, an oil tanker, was enroute from New Zealand to India. For 10-12 days on the voyage, he was in severe pain. He said the pain got unbearable sometimes. None of the crew could do anything to help him. He was on painkillers. He could not sleep on the bed, only sleeping on the bare floor in his room helped him a bit. It got so worse that the used to faint sometimes. he was lucky that he did not faint when he was working with the heavy machinery in the engine room. Getting up, he would not know how he got there. He used to get blood in his urine. While there were thoughts of evacuating him from the ship on a helicopter when they neared Malaysia, he himself said no as he felt the pain reduced a bit. Once he reached India, we had tests conducted which confirmed that he had kidney stone. Eventually with medicines and a little bit of traditional Indian medicine helped him recover from it without any operation.

Edited by ghostrider883

I know how you must have felt.

My kid brother, who is 24 years old, had kidney stone problem last year. He is an engineer with the Merchant Navy. He had this problem while his ship, an oil tanker, was enroute from New Zealand to India. For 10-12 days on the voyage, he was in severe pain. He said the pain got unbearable sometimes. None of the crew could do anything to help him. He was on painkillers. He could not sleep on the bed, only sleeping on the bare floor in his room helped him a bit. It got so worse that the used to faint sometimes. he was lucky that he did not faint when he was working with the heavy machinery in the engine room. Getting up, he would not know how he got there. He used to get blood in his urine. While there were thoughts of evacuating him from the ship on a helicopter when they neared Malaysia, he himself said no as he felt the pain reduced a bit. Once he reached India, we had tested conducted which confirmed that he had kidney stone. Eventually with medicines and a little bit of traditional Indian medicines helped him recover from it without any operation.

Tumeric?

One of my roomates at the Naval hospital was passing rocks. He was hating it. No surgery just meds.

when he was done he looked like a totaly different person. I didn't regognize him.

his family did tho.

:ph34r: CL

I never got kindey stones but i have tacled whit a urinary chanel obstruion that sometimes was of severe that no urine would came out that real hurts but his not has bad as stones.

wall i can say to all who got stones his get well fast guys