Sign in to follow this  
macelena

Delta Force

While the PC in wich i have the simulators is screwed up again, i´m back to classics. Now i´m playing mainly

Delta Force Land Warrior and Delta Force Task Force Dagger. As far as they are meant to run on the same

engine, is it possible to take weapons from one to another?

I can still play the earler incarnations of the series. Once Nova went "Blackhawk Down" then Arcade, I bailed. Can't even watch someone play most 1PS's these days, vertigo. My friends think it's weird that I can flight sim all day and night but can't do 5 minutes in a shooter without getting dizzy. Just as well. When I did, I was sniping in overwatch as they did the "run-n-gun" thing. I could do that just had to manage my symptoms during ingress and egress. usually had a couple of claymores watching my back.

I know what you mean! The "fast" shooters, as the magazines praise them (seems they can't be fast enough for them), feel just hectic to me - maybe I'm getting old...

But I prefer to sneak slowly through the levels - open levels, not "tunnels" like in most FPS!

Ah, the old classics, we had 4 player king of the hill games over the LAN that were hours of gold. I love both fast (call of duty, unreal tournament, etc) and slower ones.

But that is odd to have trouble with shooters, but not with flight sims.

roflol even thought its an ""oldie,but moldy" during last deployment got a copy and mostly rode the motorcycle around lol.

Edited by Bounder

But that is odd to have trouble with shooters, but not with flight sims.

Something to do with the way the screen scrolls the image frame to frame is my guess. I was managing my vertigo with ginger extract pills because Dramamine was a pharmaceutical and had dosing limits and restrctions. The ginger pills were more flexible and I could take more (during longer weekend marathons on and offline) as the effects wore off and symptoms began to return. I gave Nova another chance with Joint Operation. Unfortunately they caved to the whining run and gunners and began nerfing the support players. Actually playing a combined arms/tactics fire and manuver team came to an end and with the addition of "kill cam" pointing out where the sniper was I was out for good. I haven't done anything 1PS since.

I don't think it's frame rate necessarily and certainly NOT with LOMAC as it bogged to a slideshow for the longest time. Even when that was (marginally) fixed or when I've loaded up other flight sims, I've not had the dizziness problem at all. No difference between CRT or LCD displays as I started with one and went to the other eventually. I'm still 20/20 uncorrected so that's not it either. Go figure.

Played all of nova's stuff their flight 'sims' their fps from delta to joint ops kinda wish they could be updated

Growler, I believe you'll find new FPS love in Bohemia Interactive's games, they can be very, very slow... and they are considered to be more realistic than most FPS out there. Their first outing was the Award-winning Operation Flashpoint (from the beginning of this century), succeeded by ArmA: Armed Assault and most recently due to come out is ArmA 2. Oh and did I mention that they play out in open fields stretching farther than your (ingame) eye can see?

Edited by TX3RN0BILL

Yeah, I'll look into it. But unless there are team tactics I don't think I'll get it. I'm just not a run and gunner. It's supposed to be more than a "killing game of paintball" which a LOT of the kids playing 1PS's don't get. Fire and move, take the objective, hold the objective and so on. CQB players doing their thing while the Sniper's overwatch with support from Pilots and Heavy Weapons to deal with vehicles. THAT's what Joint Ops offered early on. Nerfing the support skills then adding the "Kill Cam" were mistakes IMO and showed that Nova would rather have a few bucks from whining babies than a great product.

i havent stopped playing Joint Ops since it was released.

LOL, you've just described OFP and ArmA to a T. Team tactics are all there are. Nothing like having a squad backed up by a couple of Humvees and Strykers running into a T-72 and BRDM with a bunch of patrols coming at you...

LOL, you've just described OFP and ArmA to a T. Team tactics are all there are. Nothing like having a squad backed up by a couple of Humvees and Strykers running into a T-72 and BRDM with a bunch of patrols coming at you...

Now the question is can I tolerate gameplay without having to heave?

If we talk about the hardest, most exciting, and yet funny and playable FPS for PC, i have to say something i will never

accept being discussed at (discuss, of course, but i´m sure) that the best is the original Ghost Recon, with it´s expansion

packs. It´s probably, along with Call of Duty MP, the only game wich made my heart bounce. About the war in Georgia,

It even hit the year 2008! Missed about Castro, but the good old beard...

Btw: any way to mod the Deltas i mentioned?

Edited by macelena

Now the question is can I tolerate gameplay without having to heave?

If you've got a good rig, try:

ArmA Demo Download Page

If you want the original (which IMHO is better than ArmA but has truly dated visuals but more addons & mods for it than you can point a stick at), try the:

Operation Flashpoint Resistance Demo download (@ Filefront)

Tell us how you like it! :good:

I stopped playin OFP because OFP Doesn't like DX 9 so when I went to DX 9 OFP stopped working

Btw: any way to mod the Deltas i mentioned?

Well, there were some sites that provide public made mods/add-ons for Delta Force series aside from Nova's expansion packs. But I don't remember which one...

I stopped playin OFP because OFP Doesn't like DX 9 so when I went to DX 9 OFP stopped working

That's VERY strange... I have DX9.0c and OFP works fine with me...

Well, you can always try ArmA :good: