Sign in to follow this  
Wrench

Ordways' Mig Pits in SF2 Problem - SOLVED!

Some may remember that I mentioned that I was having all kinds of problems with Ordways MiG Pits in SF2. The game would crash out between 80-90% mission loading with an "aircraftobject.dll" fault. Editing the ini to the use A-4B pit, would allow them to fly... but I wanted to use these, as they look better.

So, I'm thinking....WHAT would be the cause for just these aircraft ... Mig-15, 17, 19, whilst Magoo/Paladrin's Fishbed pits worked with no issue?

So, I start looking at the files themselves, and narrowed it down to either/both the cockpit ini and/or the LOD file being used.

Now, the LOD 'metorpit.lod' came from the DATs Glostor Meteor, which is in itself an edited version of the A-4B (I know this as part of the development team, and simply looking at the gauge bmps and the in-game layout)

So, what with all the work I've been doing lately on cockpits for the Beagle and Skyraider, as says to myself, "self, why not just rebuild them from scratch, using the stock Scooter bits, Ordway's bmps, and re-edit a newly extracted cockpit ini? You've got everything already extracted for the SPAD...get it in gear, boy" :yes:

So that's what I did ... making some adjustments here and there so the measurments are metric, and they work (almost) just like they're supposed to -- some editing is still required for the fuel gauges, which aren't reading right -and let me tell you that's a NIGHTMARE trying to figure out what angle is where on the gauge for what value-, and the altimeter needle is 'off' below 100 meters (or is 1000??? disremember)

All I need to do is check with Ordway, and release them.

just thought you'd like to know that is did get fixed, and how it was done

wrench

kevin stein

Excellent news! I didn't get round to trying them out yet. I'm on a WW1 bender at the mo, will probably get back into early jets soon! I am pre empting the FE2 changes by editing the decals.ini for each plane slowly and making an appropriate folder in the decals folder.

Been having the same issue with the Mystere IVA cockpit in SF-2. Thanks for the info! [ Just checked the MD-450 Ouragan cockpit, same issue. The Super Mystere is OK, it uses F-100 parts.]

Edited by baffmeister

The MD-450's on the list too, just ain't got around it...but the principals are all the same.

wrench

kevin stein

might I suggest a different download area just for SF2 cockpits? In the long run it might aviod some confusion as to what will work in the newer games.thanks wrench for the cockpit work.

great work. looking forward for the fix.

i've been settling with stock A-4 so far.

Since these use the stock WoE bits, they actually work in BOTH TOS and NextGen versions of the sim -- with NO issues whatsumever (nice ST reference, huh?? :haha: )

Of course, that don't mean I won't use my Patent-Pending 'Header Line':

"blahbalhbhah Mod for SF/SFG/WoV/WoE/WoI and SF2/SF2:V"

usually bolded ... trying to reduce the confusion for Traniees and Old Hands alike :wink:

wrench

kevin stein