Sign in to follow this  
Dagger

Patch 2 Problems

Ok,so nothings perfect..that said please do a few things before posting your problems.

1)make sure you install SF,patch1,and patch2 as completely clean install(I know theres alot of you that have alot of add-on aircraft,skins,terrain..but completely uninstall your old install)

2)make sure your settings are corect(hey I thought it wasn't recognising my throttle-it wasn't set up to use it,my bad.so check them please)

3)if it's something you've heard others having check to see if they've found a fix..drivers,settings...

4)and finally before posting remember the better you discribe the problem and when it happens,the better TK will be able to fix it.is it an constant problem,only with certain aircraft..you know what I mean.

well the game in solo play rocks!! i like the way the F100 handles now ... but it still have some tendency to yaw at low speed turning, also i have notice this is on the Rhino too. At low speed turns 250 knots. The same problem that the F100 had in service pacht 1, but no so strong ( you need a good rudderds and be ok). But any way i would like to see more what andy bush could say about it ( he flew the real thing). SP2 planes handles alot better now is possible to dogfight on the F100... ahh the landing is still arcadish on some planes doesnt fell right.

The other problem is MP some time i see one plane sometime i see nothing and and when i see then all are jumping...... in others words it is extremally laggy and i think this is the part that needs more attetion. ill do any way a new fresh install to test and see .... but this seens to be the mayor problem now... i will see tomorrow :rolleyes:

any way out of the problem with MP and minor yaw problem this game now is wonderfull.

I actually slapped the patch on what has been on my hard drive since January 2003.

Weird things, CTD's, etc. were happening. Total un-install, then re-install has made a

big difference. See if your yaw and other items are better after Red Bear...

When I try to install the patch over the spanish release, a message says that menudata.cat is not valid. After this, I have to reinstall the game.

Spanish version comes with the SFP1 patch installed. In startup.ini i can find this:

[MenuSystem]

InitFile=MenuSystem.ini

DataFile=MenuData.cat

TextFile=SpanishMenuText.cat

[FlightEngine]

InitFile=FlightEngine.ini

DataFile=FlightData.cat

TextFile=SpanishFlightText.cat

I suppose it's possible to change spanishmenutext.cat by menutext.cat, but the menudata.cat it's the same and is still not valid.

any help?

big difference.  See if your yaw and other items are better after Red Bear...

ok thnx spec but yes a do the same you do, i unistall erase any trace of it and do it again the same problem there was difference on the game play but the problem with MP is syill there also ther are guys at hyperlobby as i write this post having the same problem i have on MP...

some of them are flying alone on mp see the chat message but no planes and whenthey appear they are jumping ..... :(

let see any way

check your connection...and drop any firewalls.we tested the MP and it worked good for us.but I'll make sure TK gets this thread.Thanks.

When I begin the sim, I start on the runway. Since installing Patch 2, my aircraft's nose is moving up and down until I give the throttle a boost and back to idle, and then all is ok.

Anyone else experience this?

NC

thxs dagger,,, any way i did another dance of uninstall and install... now the yaw problem is gone not any more, thae rhino fly really good now also the f100 so i say yess!!!! any way i notices a problem when the AIM7 lost losk it splode imediatly, i fire one and it detonated below me killing me :D i do it twice on the same created mission...

yes i am using the norton security i unactivated it but i notice that if left some services runnig so i go to shut them donw and now i am waitng to test them on this install

Navychief,

Ive got a similar prob as i stated in another post.When im on the runway ready

for take off,the plane is jittering all over the place,(looking from external view).

Dont know why other than the new patch.Didn't do it with first patch.It happens

all the time,and with all planes.When i start take off roll its fine ,it is fine

while flying.Also i noticed that the planes can be sitting still and they have a wave motion,like their on a waterbed....LOL....Ive tried other video drivers,no luck.

Ive got a ATI 9600 pro 128 runnin cat 3.10's.

dfang

Navychief,

Ive got a similar prob as i stated in another post.When im on the runway ready

for take off,the plane is jittering all over the place,(looking from external view).

Dont know why other than the new patch.Didn't do it with first patch.It happens

all the time,and with all planes.When i start take off roll its fine ,it is  fine

while flying.Also i noticed that the planes can be sitting  still and they have a wave motion,like their  on a waterbed....LOL....Ive tried other video drivers,no luck.

Ive got a ATI 9600 pro 128 runnin cat 3.10's.

dfang

ok guys this happens to me...

I have that effect the plane jink when by accident i enter the game with the throttle at 20% i cut throttle and it stop ... i hope this help you guys!!! ;)

thxs dagger,,, any way i did another dance of uninstall and install...  now the yaw problem is gone not any more, thae rhino fly really good now also the f100 so i say yess!!!! any way i notices a problem when the AIM7 lost losk it splode imediatly, i fire one and it detonated below me killing me  :D  i do it twice on the same created mission...

yes i am using the norton security i unactivated it but i notice that if left some services runnig so i go to shut them donw and now i am waitng to test them on this install

Ahhh sorry about my terrible spelling :( i am used to chat some times i write too fast sorry :rolleyes: ...

The yaw problem I talked about my inicial post is solve. I do a new clean install again ( for a second time) and now it work, but this time i made something different i start the game on the vanela install check the adjustment settings and test them, them install SP1 check again and last install SP2... the joy resposen is good now but i hadnt have checked the game on MP ....

I use a firewall i look to disable it completle... i am runnig on win XP sp1 + updates. My firewall and AV are norton ones.. i have no problems with other games IL2 FB LOCK ON falcon 4 ect...

i use a GF 4mx440se ( driver 3082) sound blaster PCI 512 516 MB ram and as i say win xp sp1

internet security (norton) AV same house..

the problem description on MP :

I could get into hangar choose a plane and fly, i could chat with others players, but most of the time when go to fly i couldnt see the other planes and when i see them there are jumping. with the firewall off the rate the plane moves on the screen is fater but still extremally lagging.

also i have see this happens to others guys. i mainly play at HL ..... please past this to TK.. THans in advance!!!

Edited by red bear

When I begin the sim, I start on the runway. Since installing Patch 2, my aircraft's nose is moving up and down until I give the throttle a boost and back to idle, and then all is ok.

Chief, I have the same problem.A-7's nose jumps up and down like a low-rider :D

Why do I have the feeling like I'm griping a real bird?

Anybody have a MAF,so we can do this properly?

Two more things,

1] Walleye will not release.Selected/pickle/no release/Deselect/repeated.

2] Asymetrical thrust with the B-57, yaw to starboard,input of left rudder no effect managed to land and found right mainmount brake locked.

Hey Chief looks like we need the AO's,Mech's and AMH's to look into this. :D

Hey Firehawkordy,

You're right. We need to do some troubleshooting. I don't know much about ordnance systems, but I can help load bombs, and I do know how to use a speedhandle!

Oh yeah, one other thing. I know how to cool down a case of beer with LOX.................in a matter of seconds!

Navy Chief

Firehawkordy,

The last time I remember seeing a Corsair bounce like that was when they would leave the chocks. The PC would have them check their brakes, and the nose would dip. Other than that, I never saw one do the "dance" that happens now on the runway!!!

NC

the plane that produce me the problem i describe to you navy was the A7 i was with the throttle set 20 % . i also was eperimenting other problems so i do a fresh install...

there was other behaviours with the aircraft handle like i strong yaw movement now is gone.. i think there is some issues with the installation appears to be tricky

good luck!!!

Oh yeah, one other thing. I know how to cool down a case of beer with LOX.................in a matter of seconds!

LMAO :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Hi guys!

I may be wrong but it seems to me that the rollrates of all planes are too optimistic - especially with the Mig21 and F4 Phantom. Another things is that the rollrates seem to become better as the speed increases. Seems unlogic to me...

If you are slow (let's say around 250 knots) the planes roll relatively slow. However at 600knots the Phantom/Mig21 rolls about twice as fast...

What I would expect is that starting from 0 knots the rollrate would steadily increase till the optimum is reached. If the speed is now further increased the rollrate starts to drop again. However this is not the case (with all planes)

Pls correct me if I'm wrong :blink:

Hi guys!

I may be wrong but it seems to me that the rollrates of all planes are too optimistic - especially with the Mig21 and F4 Phantom. Another things is that the rollrates seem to become better as the speed increases. Seems unlogic to me...

If you are slow (let's say around 250 knots) the planes roll relatively slow. However at 600knots the Phantom/Mig21 rolls about twice as fast...

What I would expect is that starting from 0 knots the rollrate would steadily increase till the optimum is reached. If the speed is now further increased the rollrate starts to drop again. However this is not the case (with all planes)

Pls correct me if I'm wrong  :blink:

yes is true there are some strage roll rate behaviur.. :blink: This happens when the hard mode is choose on fly model setting.. It become to sensitive in all aspect, strong yaw, high rollrates and pich... :rolleyes: seens unreallistic, i think on hard mode the plane should become more subcetible to air changes around it not to have a high joy respoces <_< .

Guest grayraven

Ok, Two things I've seen,

1 If I start the game with anything other than my Joystick (Thrustmaster Afterburner) pluged into a USB port, My joystick will calabrate with a left yaw.

2 AS soon as the Sim starts (on the runway) (with the A-7) hit release brakes (B) the Jumping stops, Even if you takeoff with Autopilot the breaks are still on! I think an ini fix might work?

Cool AC!

Grayraven A+P

Fresh windows installation pc, clean SF install, patch1 then patch 2 and STILL no FSAA with RADEON 9600XT and slower framerate in cockpit than my previous GeForce3. Cats 3.10

There must be something done about the relationship of this sim with Radeons ... i am not going back to GF3 or Cats 3.7 only because of SF ...

In easy radarmode I can't acquire a lock by using the insert key function. I can select the target and mark the target on the radar screen, but no yellow diamond box appears and it's not possible to fire a radar guided missile.

I always have to wait, until the programm automatically locks on the target and the red box appears. After hitting the target I have to wait until the aircraft crashes into the ground to get the next target acquired automatically.

It worked fine without having patch 2 installed. I have made two clean new installs of the game and tried it with several aircrafts. but no way... :blink:

I play the german version.

-

Athlon XP 3000+,

A7N8X 2.0,

1024 MB RAM, 400 Mhz Infineon,

Sapphire Radeon 9600 XT 256 RAM (Ati Catalyst 3.7),

DirectX 9.0,

XP prof. sp 1,

1024 x 768 / 32

Hi nomos, sure it's a bug, but the radar in hard mode has been improved and it is real nice to use it. It is not that difficult at all (I think you got there a tutorial) and if you need some help ;) just choose Hud and Targeting easy. I'm sure you are not going to regret.

Thank you Bernard! I will try the hard radar mode and search for the tutorial.

I'm just hoping there is no bug in hard mode because I don't know how the radar should work :D

Try here:

http://www.simhq.com/_air/air_061a.html and see in your manual too about radar.

There is here a nice tutorial by Dagger, but don't remember where it is.

PS In addition in hard mode you will get a brand new RWR in your F4E :D

If you have other question about that, I suggest we move directly to the forum

Hi Bernard! Thanks for the link. I will try my luck and report you... :lol: