Sign in to follow this  
SpitfireNut22

Need some help for my WoE!

Ok first off let me just say I am a newbie to the world of pc gaming.

All I wanted to do was pay my WoE and tried to upgrade it to WoE IV so I could fly against some Mig 29s. This has led to my current issue.

I installed the WoE Nato fighters I, II, III, IV, The issue at that time was that the weapons would not show. I was not able to figure out how to resolve the issue. So un-installed WoE. Then i attempted to do a clean install. From that moment on, when i run the game it would crash. Then i attempted to finish that issue by installing the oct30 patch. Which caused the game to run but no weapons show. And every time i press escape from the mission im on, the game crashes and ends up in windows. (I should mention no matter how many times i uninstall the game and reinstall it, the same thing happens)

ALL i want to do is fly some fighters and shoot some migs! Can anyone please help me with some easy to follow instructions.

Thanks

I suspect you are using Vista. Install the game outside Program Files directory. And make sure that all your Nato Fighters mods are installed in the same directory. Take note that the default path in the Nato Fighters installers change with each version so you have to manually point them to the right directory.

Also if you still get crashing after missions, you might need to edit the terrain ini. There are instructrions for this in the forums... just do a search but I think the October patch should fix this as well.

Edited by jomni

Weapons problem, have you run your weapons.ini through the weapons editor. If not, do that then save it in your weapons folder.

Oh and welcome to the world of modding. Your in for one wild ride

Edited by scouserlad13

I just want to add, dunno if it comes handy, if you're installing it in windows XP and uninstalling it, make sure the WHOLE Wings Over Europe folder is erased, because if it's not, there could be the reason for the crashes, now, if you're running it in Vista verify how to use it because you may have a DirectX issue, which i, since am a XP user dunno how to solve it :(