Sign in to follow this  
eraser_tr

MP3 players?

My mp3 player died on me. Cheap chinese piece of s**t. I bought a memory card (8gb) to get more space, found the one listed online at the maker's site as compatible in best buy. Now neither the chip or the mp3 player work(even without the chip in it) It's just one of those weeks where everything goes wrong. Bad day at work, video card melts on me, now this.

While I'm loathe to actually get something is**t after they restarted the PC/Mac war, the iPod is the standard. Need to know some details about it. Can you just stick whatever mp3s on it you want (and can it handle any other formats?) or does it have to come from a CD or itunes (and have to pay) And does anyone know where they are manufactured? in other words, I want something manufactured somewhere that actually puts things through quality control.

Or anyone know any other players that are cheaper and reliable. What I previously had was a Sansa express, upon researching how to make the memory card work, I found it was a notorious POS. Figures, it was a gift,had I bought it I would have done a lot of research.

An iPod or iPhone is the right choice. Apple's UI is superior to anything else out there and makes using the devices fun.

Anyway, an iPod can store and playback music in various formats, including MP3. To load my iPhone, I have to use iTunes but I am not limited to loading only music I have purchased. Anything I rip and import into iTunes can be loaded. I can't remember now if iTunes was required to load my 5th Gen iPod, but I don't think it was.

I'm fairly certain they are manufactured in China, but holding one in your hand you would think they were from Switzerland. They ooze quality.

Thanks. Yeah I thought I might as well just get the 16gb iphone with the price of any of the ipods. But we have verizon, and aside from hacking it, I probably would have heard if it was available on more than just AT&T now. I'll have to live with china since everything comes from there.

The other thing that comes to mind is just get a touchscreen blackberry since those work with verizon. But do you have to pay extra for getting all the internet features and all? or does the phone just connect to whatever and have its capabilities regardless of your wireless plan?

The other thing that comes to mind is just get a touchscreen blackberry since those work with verizon. But do you have to pay extra for getting all the internet features and all? or does the phone just connect to whatever and have its capabilities regardless of your wireless plan?

The voice and data plans are usually separate items. Its best to get an unlimited data plan so you don't get burned, especially if you decide to stream radio which is one of my favorite features.

I can't say enough good things about my iPhone and iPod. I couldn't recommend them enough.

Edit:

WOOHOO!

it somehow managed to come back to life, so I backed up my music and tried updating the firmware (which took some effort in itself) tried the card again and viola! it recognizes it and worked perfectly. Problem solved, no extra money wasted! Just have to copy over everything again.

Edited by eraser_tr

iPhone... no doubt :)

enjoy every minute of it :)

Sony Vaio( Sony MP3-player NW-E002 ) is good too...i brught mine for 50$ 3 years ago...2GB, its just an MP3 player but is that i need...

it smaller than a pen, recharges in less than 3 minutes for a 2 hour duration of continuos song....if you let it recharging 12 hours you'll got 30 hours of continuos song, IIRC.

this is mine as it was in 2006...

B000GIQR0S-2.jpg

This thread was sponsored by Apple inc. :biggrin:

(I love my ipod too)

Well I have a Creative Zen that will play WMAs without conversion so :tongue:

I have a Creative Zen, which is my 3rd Creative MP3 player and I love it. I had a buddy ask me to register his account with his IPood on my computer so he would be able to have access to my 40+gigs of music. I really hate the fact that IPood restricts what kinds of media you can use. If you have two Apple products you can't use one database to add music to the both of them.

I'll stick with Creative. Besides, I use mine for work every day and the last one I had I retired after 3 years. My g/f's 14 y/o is using it. All it needed was a new $18 battery, which I was able to replace.

Well I have a Creative Zen that will play WMAs without conversion so :tongue:

People still use WMA format? :biggrin:

I have tons of them from various locations over the years. You'd be surprised how many GB I found "lying around" on PCs on the base!