Sign in to follow this  
DoctorQuest

How does the forum search work?

I can't for the life of me figure out how to use the forum search. No matter what I do I always seem to get pages and pages and pages of topics completely unrelated to my search arguments.

I am trying to find out if there ia a topic that addresses improving the performance of campaign missions in Operation Desert Storm. My rig just simply cannot handle the number of aircraft and other objects that are included in most missions. Can I tweak the campaign parms so I don't get missions that are quite so "busy"?

I can't for the life of me figure out how to use the forum search. No matter what I do I always seem to get pages and pages and pages of topics completely unrelated to my search arguments.

I am trying to find out if there ia a topic that addresses improving the performance of campaign missions in Operation Desert Storm. My rig just simply cannot handle the number of aircraft and other objects that are included in most missions. Can I tweak the campaign parms so I don't get missions that are quite so "busy"?

This might help. Try using the advanced search feature. Select the forums which replies would most likely be relevant. For your case start with WOV/WOE/WOI, then expand your search from there. Also use the following search tips to help improve the returned information.

Search Phrase = Results

apple banana = Find posts that contain at least one of these words

+apple +juice = Find posts with both words

+apple -juice = Find posts with 'apple' but not 'juice'

apple* = Find posts with 'apple' and/or 'applesauce'

"Some Words" = Find posts with the phrase 'some words of wisdom', 'some words' but not 'some noise words'

Thank you! Those hints are helping to narrow down my results. I have already been narrowing my search to a specific forum.