Sign in to follow this  
Dej

OFF Comic: Tales From The Front Issue 1 June 2009

Many, many screen shots later I've finally finished a webcomic for OFF, as per Red-Dog's original idea. I've called it 'Tales From The front' rather than 'Over The Front' because the latter name is taken.

Link below:

Tales From The Front Issue 1 June 2009

There's room for another story in June if anyone fancies a go. I can supply a template for the pages and links to good comic strip fonts if anyone's interested. Can't offer to host the pages though... running out of space

Edited by Dej

Many, many screen shots later...

I should say! That's one very fine looking comic, Dej. I've seen stuff out on the racks that didn't even come close. Love the different type styles, the sound-effexts type especially, the Photoshop work on the muzzle-flashes...two or three more stories like this, and you'll be submitting pages to Dark Horse Comics.

Many, many screen shots later I've finally finished a webcomic for OFF, as per Red-Dog's original idea. I've called it 'Tales From The front' rather than 'Over The Front' because the latter name is taken.

Link below:

Over The Front Issue 1 June 2009

There's room for another story in June if anyone fancies a go. I can supply a template for the pages and links to good comic strip fonts if anyone's interested. Can't offer to host the pages though... running out of space

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

Nice work. Really liked your Cartoon

Link below:

Over The Front Issue 1 June 2009

Dej- I have seen many creative things done with RB and OFF etc., but this really takes the cake! Supper creative work IMHO.

Regards,

Royce

FANTASTIC! (Imagine this accolade in comic font)

Excellent :clapping::good: - More please! :clapping:

Just what i thought it should be like Dej,this is first class,excellent,out standing :clapping::clapping::clapping:

more,more,more.....

Great strip! :good: This should be on a sticky for others to see later on instead of getting buried as each day goes by. You know, there should be a catagory for this type of media such as videos, comics, screen shots. I know there is a screenshot sticky but this way the media would all be in one area and individuals that are interested in getting OFF can look at these. What you all think? :nyam:

Wow!...That is bloody good!!

Very well made, Dej, and quite spooky, too! How could you know, who we where?

however - we will be back. In any colour, speaking every language, we will bring

you misery and destruction!

The Four Horsemen

PS: Will it be continued?

Edited by Olham

Very fine work Dej, enjoyed that !

Well done.

Thanks Folks,

Labour of love it was, for the best flight sim I've ever owned and which it's sometimes practically a privilege to play :biggrin:

Hauksbee: High praise indeed, thank you very much. Any chance of your coming out of comic retirement?

Griphos: Thanks for the proof-read. I'd have hated to leave a typo in. Now corrected.

Red-Dog: This is your fault, so you're owed kudos for the idea :biggrin:

Olham: The translation question... thanks.

Edited by Dej

I must say it is jolly unsporting of you Yankee chaps to shoot down the hun at 10:43am on the 11th November. :nono:

(You have to imagine the accent, best done like that interview in OFF itself )

Edited by JimAttrill

Dej, that's a really good comic! There are many great pics there, but my favourite must be the dawn/dusk pic on page 10. Beautiful.

Die Apokalyptischen Reiter, heh. :yes:

Had to look through it again. Great, that you managed to make it into a story.

And those pilot chaps standing there smoking and talking - wonderful!

The last words made me goose skin, really.

Edited by Olham

I must say it is jolly unsporting of you Yankee chaps to shoot down the hun at 10:43am on the 11th November. :nono:

Actually, if you look again Jim, the last Alb. 'goes in' at 10:58am!

And those pilot chaps standing there smoking and talking - wonderful!

I'm surprised no one has yet asked me how I did that bit... because they're not hand drawn :wink:

I assumed (but may be wrong?), you had found a site with pics of those pilots, and made cutouts?

Still, you would have had to colour them (in Photoshop?) Am I right? And what's my price? (Lol!)

bravo bravo wonderful read say give the man some server space and let this be aroudn for everybody to enjoy

Absolutely superb & worth waiting for - more please & ASAP :fans: :ok::clapping: :spartak:

The faces of the pilots smoking look almost real - taken from original photos & then perhaps modified in your own unique & excellent style???

Edited by Tonyo - legion

I'm surprised no one has yet asked me how I did that bit... because they're not hand drawn :wink:

Out here in Oz, we agree not to see the man behind the curtain.

Wow. Dej.. I'm impressed. Is that ending a true story? :good:

Wow. Dej.. I'm impressed. Is that ending a true story? :good:

Well written! Well illustrated! Fantastic stuff! :)

OvS

Is that ending a true story?

Of course it's true! Reports of seeing of the White Albatros in France exceed the number of Elvis sightings in America.